1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Arkadian Passport, become an Arkadian Citizen!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Few Scars, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Here I stopped reading. No, I will never do this, if not after years and years, coincidentally.

These mob missions are, in my humble opinion, the worst nightmare ever coded into game mechanics, anywhere, a pure, sheer, unmasked money-sucker.
    Even compared to the old days "SilkRoad" quests (back then the unrivaled king of hard core Korean grinders) they are just sick, mind-numbing and brain-eating. IMHO.

Killing eighteen-thousand four-hundred seventy-five Oro? 18.475 Oro? ORLY?

As long as this is a requirement, you cannot expect anything but a big fat -1 from me.

And for sure, I lied. I read further. I agree that belonging to a Planet should have some benefits. But isn't this cosmetic at all, again?

What I'd like, for instance, would be to become just a true Arkadian, not with any fancy things yet - but I want to be treated as Arkadian, with all consequences.

When I started to exist there was no other planet. Thus I'm Calypsonian, forever as it is atm. No chance in hell to keep on, and change the planet anyways. Not even for those like me that never had the chance to choose.
    All we could do would be to make a new avatar, with the given restrictions.

To change this, I'd even visit my doc (or another person with good knowledge of mind-altering substances), get me some good stuff prescribed, and then start to kill Oro ad nauseam and beyond. Again and again. 18.475 Oro, right.

This would make sense. And when this is possible, I'm ready to talk about the other parts of your post.

Have a good time, and no offense, plz!

2. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

I know how you feel' I have a little over 8k oro left now and it is pure torture doing them now. Personally I think missions removed something from the game, before missions we would hunt the mobs that were fun for us or provided us with good loot. These days I see ppl continuing hunting a mob even tho loot sux or they aren't having fun. If I manage to complete the 12k oro I will NEVER EVER hunt them again.

3. AlexSolo

AlexSolo Member

i agree that there should be additions to the current ingame systems to offer something new and more variety.

reaching the status of official citizen with a pass and voting rights must be reachable very early in such system.

because every player must be able to achieve that in a short period of time. sweating only avatars are players with a voice and voting rights must be reachable for them quickly as well. ofc they might have a little more effort in reaching that but voting rights shall not be dependend on the amount of money someone has.

the effort of depositing will still have then benefits on the wider someone goes like solo and team instances exclusively for persons which achieved a certain degree with that faster than someone can who only sticks with sweating then.

work is rewarded, voices cant be money eliminated or more valued by its possession.

even a achievement for hours spend on a planet can contribute to getting % on the degree of citizen ship by which all planet active can reach it and raise.

someone who spends 150 ped in 2 days mindforce-healing sweaters has a contribution to the planets life as well as hunters or the other mainstream professions have. they need to be able to vote quickly.

someone who spends not much time on the planet but transports people there and back again spends peds on planet entry and should get a achievement contributing to the % as he is serving the planet.

someone who owns a shop contributes to the planets estate structure and supply. the ownership of a store as well as the revenue of the store can contribute. the items of sale in a shop will have influence there can lead to a offer of items with more reasons than having TT items inside.

someone who collects all TPs enlarges his knowledge of the planets countryside and should get a contribution.

we need a planet specific free items spawn beside the shared stones, fruits, dung. next island had plans for such so this hard work of collecting arkadia spawned resource should contribute in the degree.

a texture maker should have a contribution, applying textures also.

radio djs dancing around have a contribution dancing avatars should get a achievement.

endless endless possibilities.

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I like all the ideas that come from creative people wanting to make the game fun. Thats what gaming is all about suposedly. Then I remember that ALL of these concepts have to pass MA approval AND MA implementation. Then I remember that EVERYTHING they touch no matter how basic gets boiled down back to how big of a ped sink they can make it. THEN I rethink it again and see how they will manipulate this all to benefit Calypso more then other planets. THEN finally I think about how many "bugs" they will implemment before decideing to let it all go by the way side like every other fanciful fad they have done since VU 10.

The only benefit I would like to see in becomming an "Official" Arkadian as I have been here since day 1 as a citizen is reverting that Claypso tax and having my decays ALL go to Arkadia not half go Caly for doing exactly DICK for me in the 6 years I have played simply because I was born there when no other planets existed to choose from.

5. Mordrell

Well half decay goes to MA and not Caly... so any decay/income from Ark dies not effect CLD at all.

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

"Player activity revenue" is split between MA, the planet it occurs on, and the planet of origin for that player. But really its a matter for the PPs and MA.

7. Mordrell

Hmm that realy seems like bs why should caly recieve part of the revenue I create on Ark just because it was the only planet when I started 4+ years ago... if this is so then it needs to be changed asap

PS To show how strongly I feel about this I would chip out all my skills to give to a new avatar created on the planet of my choice and let this one rot, if this is truly the case.

8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I'm not going to try and justify it. I am sure you can find relevent quotes by MA staff if you search PCF and EntropiaForum. And it has prevously been discussed here.

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There's a very good reason it's set up this way: to give planet partners the motivation to recruit their own new players, rather than just leaching off other planets' populations. I do agree there are some problems with this setup, including old-time players and players who start on a planet other than what they intended (which happens quite frequently, I think).

10. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

for those that missed it back then: A year ago I made a poll on EF about this topic - this one. I also made it on EP, but cannot find it there anymore :/

This is a good reason, and I understand it. But, as you mention, this also means that Calypso receives 25% of the decay of all of the older players (pre-planets) - and they never ever had a single chance to choose. I made some suggestions about this, in the poll I linked.

My favorite solution would be to have a yearly decision to which planet you want to belong for the next year. The first time you log on after 31 Dec. you get a message that you can change your basic citizenship, in the "My account" area of entropiauniverse.com.

This would IMHO make more sense compared to the current model - that only encourages to grab new players, while my model would encourage to offer better content, better service and better game play ...

Your planet of choice might have a few goodies for you, for instance a discount on entering/ leaving space taxes? Maybe even a small chance to get a "mini-jackpot" when using TT or RepT, with giving a bit more/ a small reduction of the costs. "The Arkadian government has taken notice of your dedication and has ordered to give you a better deal every now and then. Your repair costs have been reduced by 30%."

Besides this, the idea in the OP isn't stupid at all. And it would work together with the "basic citizenship" nicely. You don't need to be a "born citizen" to earn respect on a planet, you should earn it due to your activities. I'd just let out those cruel "drop your brain, and kill a gigazillion of mobs" missions ...

I'd use the planet income you generate as the main factor. This way "natives" or "declared immigrants" would have a better standing (50% instead of 25% of the decay would be counted). Additionally other activities could influence it, for instance acting as helper on ArkAdvisor team events. Or shooting down a pirate in Arkadian space. Or healing a not-team-member below a certain skill limit (only small amounts, for sure).

Incentives could be quite many, it should be made sure that they're small enough to not make it a must to reach them. Leisure items (ability to wear special cloth, an item that allows to spawn a time-limited hologram of a random Arkadian mob, a title etc.) mainly, but maybe an increased chance for a "mini-jackpot" when using TT or RepT too, see above. And free teleporting/ entering/ leaving Arkadian space.

Running out of time. And I realize that it never will happen. But it's god to dream on, for a while, isn't it?

Have a good time!

PS: Cannot help, a few more words about advertising:

IMHO it's not the best of ideas that every Planet has to do it's own advertisement. This is just wasting synergies. Advertisement mainly should be done by MA itself (or, better, a capable agency) to ensure a clear picture painted, a clear corporate identity followed, and a best possible selected auditory guaranteed.

Doing this all for themselves, by every single Planet Partner, will unavoidably create higher costs, and less success. Costs that would be payed by us. Do you think that any franchise of McD does it's own advertisement? You bet ...