1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange

Discussion in 'Technical' started by cHipster, Jul 28, 2011.

1. cHipster

cHipster Member

So i downloaded pretty much the whole game, including every planet.
    Now i just tried logging in and its started re-downloading everything.
    Is this due to updates or did i just lose everything

2. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

If you have all downloaded it must be save now...no updates atm

3. cHipster

cHipster Member

I had everything on 100% I was online last night Milena
    but now
    View attachment 1589
    I just feel like packing this game away :( I didnt even remove anything

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

That's odd. I'd click repair and see if that helps. Once it's downloaded, you shouldn't have to download anything else until they come out with an update.

5. cHipster

cHipster Member

6. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Thats bad...try repair and if it not work maybe send a support case to technical support via the website .....cant believe that the datas are gone....

edit this pfc post is from 2009.....so maybe try to work with adminrights.....

7. cHipster

cHipster Member

Iv followed this up with support
    I advise everyone to back up the files u download

8. Stagger

Stagger Member

have you tried to always open it as administrator?
    it could be that something is blocking you from acces to the dynamic content.

rightclick on entropia client and select "run as administrator"

9. Hijacker27

Hijacker27 Member

I sure hope the files are somewhere.. all the 'dynamic' content has been defaulted to different locations over past VUs, in the my documents folder, in the public documents folder, in the install directory, etc. Search around for them and try to manually move them to the right spot before you either try to download them again or give up completely.

10. cHipster

cHipster Member

dont joke, i thought all the planets go to one folder, i have eu in program files which is 6.80gigs which i assume should be bigger and iv got a eu folder in my documents but thats empty

11. cHipster

cHipster Member

Iv also noticed my repair tool is disabled, how do i enable it?

12. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

If you already having a folder with 6,8 GB all should be ok. It looks like the clientloader is not abel to locate the data or has no access because of userrights (windows 7).

It is nearly impossible to give the right solution to you from far away. To many possibilities what was going wrong on your Installation.
    Have you tried to start the clientloader direct out of the folder /program files and not from shortcut? (as admin and -if not working- as user)

13. cHipster

cHipster Member

Thanks for the info Danton, if my folder is 6.8 gigs i must be ovewriting the planets with what im downloading now
    Ill try running the clientloader from the install directory with admin . Any idea why my repair is disabled?

14. Danton

Addition:
    Have you checked in Clientloader -Tools- Folders to which folder you point there?

Repair is disabled, because Clientloader is "thinking" you havent downloaded content. Repair on an empty install is not possible.

15. cHipster

cHipster Member

Content is the first thing i downloaded, if i navigate to tools and then to repair in the clientloader, that whole window is greyed out.

16. Danton

Sure, I have understand you downloaded it, but Clientloader doesn't "see" the files. Otherwise Clientloader would not try to download it again.
    I have tried to send you the Folder Structur of a correct installation as a textfile so that you can compare your installation, but message is too long.

edit: check out this location:

http://www.arkadiaforum.com/photopost/data/500/folder.jpg

17. cHipster

cHipster Member

Im currently at work so i cant name the folder, but somewhere in the eu folder in program files there is a list of files, theres like 5 files per planet, when i started re-downloading all the stuff i navigated to that folder and i checked all my planets were still there so it must be an issue with my clientloader. ill see what i can do when i get home

18. cHipster

cHipster Member

the frustrating thing is iv burnt gigs and gigs of bandwith lol, good job im on uncapped

19. dude

dude Active Member

I had the smae problem crop up 2 years ago . I had to reistall EU when I got a new PC. I installed everything and was even on and played . The next day it asked to reinstall. I said yes and it went exteremely quick and I have not looked back I play everyday Good luck to you

20. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I had to reload my entire system this past week end and I copied the entropia folder over to a second HD. When I tried to run EU again it said all was corrupted and would not get past the client loader. I started to redownload the game and each planet is near 6 gig and teh asteroid and smaller placses are at 3+ gig according to the downloader. Evidently it is all split up and in different places and far bigger then we think.