1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spaceship attachments

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by happy_hipster, Nov 16, 2012.

1. happy_hipster

happy_hipster Active Member

I see all types of attachments and enhancers for mining and weapons. How about for ships. Speed enhancers, auto targeting, auto pilot, scanners, there are a bunch of possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Sorry dude, this isnt EVE. Space has two speeds, slow and warp. MA hasnt indicated yet if they plan to improve space.

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I hope that someday MA decides to implement space improvements such as the ones you've mentioned. It would add more variety to those in space.

4. happy_hipster

Thanks for taking time to reply. The forums have a post minimum before my account becomes fully active, and I was just daydreaming. But on the offchance the higher ups actually listen, as in the case of the witches broom, I figured Id spent a minute making a suggestion.

-hip

5. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Yep they have.. they just didn't say when or how. ;)

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

MA has thrown around a number of ideas about space. Most of them are at PCF and EF I think. There's an old video of Kim and someone, I think Smoerble flying through a test version of space with some cool things there that we haven't seen yet. Since the release of space, there have been only a few visible changes. I'm not sure what MA is waiting for. My own speculations are that they're busy re-writing a lot of code to better manage multiple planets and that's why we're not seeing any space development or anything else new from MA at the moment. Space has huge potential, so hopefully we'll see some new things soon (though we've been saying this for a year now).

7. happy_hipster

and mines, lets not forget something to drop behind you so pursuers hit them.

8. Gatherer

Gatherer New Member

why not :p 'Freelancer game' version of small tradeship (Rhino) with almost zero agility and mines. I will buy it. :cool:

9. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

So far I believe the SubWarp Drive I is only bp that has been found, but supposedly there are to be bigger SubWarp Drive bp's in future II, III, IV etc each one would increase ships speed a bit more but would probably cost more to buy. Same goes for armament device to allow more usable guns on a MS. Higher Warp Drive devices would require less time to reach warp and less time to get attacked by pirates.

Auto targeting is blah in space and should be not available in any PVP or PVP lootable spot, if you PVP you should have to rely on your targeting skills.

Auto pilot does exist it is the R key point in a direction and press R you fly until you hit something :D

What would be cool is they added space mining though, probably be just attachments to add to ships, probably be on smaller vehicles (slieps or quads) or some new mining type space vehicle and not MS's. MS's are used as transport vessel and protection of the smaller mining vehicles. Ideas have floated around for this but no official response if it will ever be possible by MA.

10. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

I think a lot times after Arkadia planet arrive about space mining. You can mine asteroids for unrefined ores and enmaters. You can find old ancient spaceships parts for refined ingot and enmaters or spaceship components or other ancient things. This can be a good reason for people want enter inside space lootable pvp zones.