1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space is big, really big, in fact your won't believe how big space really is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wistrel, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

hehe great to see so many interested! and that planetarium and the examples sound really really cool. I like that people can find alternative ways to teach such things its great.

Dunno if anyone is interested but I definitely recommend The BBC's Wonders of the Solar System/Universe series'. Prof. Brian Cox (the presenter) has a unique way of explaining things, often with rocks, printouts or miscelaneous pieces of fruit. Definitely a very accessible way of learning something about space and its nice so see something in today's world that doesn't always rely on fancy graphics.

For a deeper grounding I started reading this book a while back:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Modern-Cosmology-2nd/dp/0470848359#_

Its really good for an absolute novice like me. You can actually read the first 6 pages there on amazon and get a feel for it.

As for MA and space.... hmmm really not sure I even want to speculate on how they are going to do it.... we can only hope it will be better than the old "You are in Space" type message we used to have....

I don't think I'm ever going to forgive them for that one... ever.

Wistrel

2. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

there isn't single movie about that that I havent seen.
    btw Brian Cox is in the movie Sunshine