1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOTO without treasure mining?

Discussion in 'Mining' started by David Joker, Jan 25, 2013.

1. David Joker

David Joker Member

I am just curious if it is possible to get a SOTO on Arkadia without mining for treasure. If so, what can we find? Would be nice to have some beacon like things here on Arkadia instead of the usual SOTO garbage like angel scales or something. I'd hate to have to mine for treasure (which has been godawful terrible to me) instead of ore mining like I usually do. Though I got to admit, I hear people mining for treasure have found paintings and I am pretty jealous. :whistle:

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

No, you can't find SOOTOs without dropping a treasure probe. Paintings are not very common. I've lost track of exactly how many SOOTOs I've found but it's around 40 vases, 6 or 7 armor pieces, and three paintings (all identical, unfortunately). So the paintings are actually quite rare, at least for me.

3. David Joker

David Joker Member

So only from treasure mining on Arkadia? There isn't angel scales or something like that you can find with ore drops?

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well that is hard to say for certain but i can say that i never found a sooto on arkadia with normal mining (in over 30k drops). Ofc it can just be bad luck.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I think if you could find them on Ark, they'd have been found already.

6. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

I found Angel Scales with regular probes (I think it was Enmatter mining, but not sure).
    But it was during first weeks, after Arkadia was open (maybe even in first days, since I TP there in first minutes after opening). So, it was way before Treasure Mining turned on, so not sure if that info could be helpful now :(