1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Information about Profesions would be apriciated pls

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by stefanbond, Feb 20, 2013.

1. stefanbond

stefanbond Member

I am a noob here, but i am very expierienced player in MMO, and would apreciate some information on this subject pls...
    so when u gain skills, automaticly u gain some professions to, 1 profession is influenced by more skills.
    Profesions let u use higher lvl weapons, and unlock secret skills, anything els they do? increase ur damege? ....
    I and i want to repeat i am asking only about professions atm, what they do.... ?

2. Lokia

Lokia Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Yes, professional levels let you use higher level guns, faps, etc. If you are using a gun that you are not maxed on yet then yes, as you professional level goes up you will do more damage with it.

http://rp.apachenet.de/downloads/planet_calypso_guide.pdf

That is Alice's guide to the Entropia Universe. I would suggest reading it. He kept it up to date for years now and always has great info in it for both new and current players.

3. stefanbond

stefanbond Member

i read that yesterday, so my question was... do profesions increase my damege? my evade? or do the skills increase those values?
    couse there are hidden skills.... and so on

4. Leona

Leona Member

The skills increase the profession and the profession increases your abilities in that area.

Every profession is a weighted mix of several skills, some of them shared amongst several professions. To see how much a skill contributes to an profession you can check entropedia: http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Activity

5. stefanbond

stefanbond Member

so basicly u are saying: profesions give u evrything, damege, hit rate, evade rate, beeing able to use higher weapons, unlocking secret skills, only thing skills do is give u profesions... RITE?

6. Leona

Leona Member

Right.

Of course one could argue that professions don't exists and are merely displayed calculated from your skills. But thats rather philosophical. In the end most things, what weapons and tools you can use efficient, how often a mob hits you, are based on your profession level.