1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so HOW exactly do we get to Planet Arkadia if we are already a Calypso veteran?

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by darkshark, May 21, 2011.

1. darkshark

darkshark Member

Forgive the rather obvious question but having been on Calypso since 2003 at the very start I still cannot exactly figure out a few basics about the multi planet operations which Arcadia will offer. Basically HOW do I get there?

I am on Calypso with my now 8 year old avatar, inventory, clothing, weapons, apartment, property and funds. HOW do I get into Planet Arkadia as myself when it launches? can someone explain the process - do we have to wait for Space Travel? Is everyone making a new avatar just for this? When it says 'download' arcadia' does this mean I need another 6-12gb of downloaded material with a separate client? Maybe I havent' read or thought enough but I am a bit confused as to how exactly I get to experience this new world

Thanks

2. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

You can try to step in a teleporter right now. You will see some dropdown list which should say calypso right now I think... just click on that and you will see the list of planets pop up. IIRC it's on the top of the interface. Arkaidia will be there on Launch day. It's the same list that has been used to go to CP before. You will have to pay a 40ped fee per trip so plan that into your budget. I am certain the Arkadia trip will be worth it.... from my personal experience don't try to go to the other planets though.

3. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I've currently got an unanswered question in the 'Ask Mindark' section of EF regarding the interplanetary tp's.

From what we've heard the space is likely to be in the same update as Arkadia on Tuesday, now there's always been talk that the tp's would be turned off when the hangars and ships came back so it might be worth getting the Arkadia team to push MA into answering the question.

If they are planning on removing the interplanet tp it would be better to know beforehand because if people are planning on doing something for the day, i.e. launch parties planetside, they can atleast postpone it and not let it turn into yet another MA flame fest.

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

Someone also posted that the MA Official at Twin the other day said the space update won't be until Thursday, so it's difficult to know what to believe. I really hope it's not the same day, or ... if it is the same day, that they don't disable the TP feature to get to other planets, because I think a lot of people will be pissed off if they have to wait around for a pilot to run them to Arkadia.

5. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

And then the pilot gets shot by some space pirates and they don't even arrive at arkadia... yes I certainly hope that space will be added AFTER I a on Arkadia. Then ppl will have plenty of time to figure our how things work in space before I return to calypso to empty my storage and gather PED to return to Arkadia.

6. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

I plan to make a vast fortune on Arkadia.... lol well its my dream anyway!! ;) So I don't mind waiting inline for awhile to get a trip to Arkadia!! :)

7. MindStar9

MindStar9 Deactivated User

Oh HELL no ... your ass better be at party central ON TIME. :p

I will start the live broadcast at 18:00 in game time on MSR, and if anyone isn't there, then they miss out ... LOL ... ya just never know where I'll go on-air. :)

8. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

Space will not come with same upate for public access an 24th, I think. *Some* ppl got invitations for the 26th from MA to have a first look at space/hangarsystem. So hopefully we all can use a fast TP trip to Arkadia on the 24th. :)

9. darkshark

darkshark Member

Right, so thanks for the information then basically we are all not sure yet. Certainly the debate about release date for space seems to conflict with the launch date of Arcadia. It's hard to believe that MA would have a major Planet Partner launching a new destination after enormous investment of time, resources and development and massive money investments and NOT have a clear explanation of how players actually GET to the place within the Entropia Universe. Clearly a lot of people will simply sign up for Arcadia new as first colonists just as we all did years ago for Calypso but for those of us already in the MA universe, obviously as it says on the client log in, travel between planets is always performed by the avatar within EU.

I shall wait and see but it's hard to imagine they won't maximise the opportunity for existing players to EASILY travel to Arcadia on the Launch Date...hell 40 PED a trip... each way... that's quite a lot of money..basically 8US$ basically 5.25 UK pounds a trip (not allowing for the import charge cost of importing the RL currency to create 40 PED as well) but then EU has always been the most expensive game on the internet where every single action costs you RL money so nothing else is new..! I wonder what the 'space travel' tickets are gonna cost and how much massive ramping and overpricing will occur the minute former space ship and hangar owners get their stuff back and have a huge monopoly. As usual the big early credit card investors will make a massive profit I suppose.

10. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

darkshark seems that you have been away a while since you dont know about the other 2 planets we already have to travel too. So WELCOME BACK!
    The money from the TP fee's goes to the owners of the hangars that have been loosing out on space travel since VU 10.

I guess the thing to look for is on monday under support news if they say its VU 11.12.0 or 11.10.2

with interplanet TP down i wonder how hard it will be to get form Rocktropia to Arkadia

11. Jin

Jin Member

This is the first new planet Im gonna visit, looking forward to it. :)
    Rocktropia lmao...

12. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

O just incase no one has read it yet. Travel to Arkadia will be the same as travel to current plannets as spase will not go online tomorrow

13. Spike Black

Sadly no response at all from Kim today about the TP. I'm hoping, like everyone else, that they never remove the tp option.

I don't want to be at any pilots mercy regarding moving between planets. God knows how players will get off RT if they do remove it.

But also bare in mind that Space is owned by MA, it was confirmed this morning by Kim.

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/ask-mindark/199871-space-how-managing.html#post2571585

What 'in some way' means is anyones guess. Sold like TI / CND / CP but as the single gateway to move between planets?

14. Cani Ostro

Cani Ostro Member

My guess is Arkadia is raising the stakes for Planet Partners, so MA is trying to control the hype and take control by that stupid space stunt. They just want to control the exodus, imo.

I hope they leave the TP option. I want to go whereever I want to, when -I- want to and not when someone else cares to move his butt. If MA had compared tp uses to CND and CP for example whilst the hangars being down I think they would be pretty amazed how number have increased. And I bet the hangar owners, even those working (for what I remember there weren't hardly any at work at all in the last month before the change, I had to chase them down from FL, lol) had a better cut with the tp solution than with their flying. Or in other words:

How many hangar owners have been crying on PCF or somewhere else to have their hangars back? So far I just recall some usual trolls with "blablablba where are hangars".

15. Spike Black

Only to sell them, a few appearing and being sold for +100k

If the ships and attachments for vtols work and allow travel between planets then I can't see hangers being worth that much. Or it may turn out that the motherships are part of the hangars.

The problem is, if the tp stays then pilots will only charge slightly less. There's no incentive to make it much cheaper as it will take much longer to make the trip. It's unlikely to be the 20 second transistion it used to be.

If it takes 10-15 minutes to travel between planets then limiting it to ships only could be a seriously limiting factor on travel.

Thinking about the size of the hangars though, they're likely big enough to hold the motherships (not been on one so not 100% certain) as they're much bigger than the old ones. I guess we'll find out more about those on Thursday when the hangar owners that can be bothered to take MA's offer of viewing the new system.

Provided MA do any update tomorrow or wednesday.

16. RAZER

RAZER Active Member Pro Users

On thing I wanna tell the OP and it is an important one.

The storage terminals will NOT be linked between planets. So make sure you bring EVERYTHING you might need on Arkadia with you, or you'll need to fly back to pick it up (another 80 ped for a return ticket).

I have my 1132kg of stuff on me right now, waiting beside the Fort Ithica TP (the one where I started 6,5 years ago) to go to Arkadia asap.

17. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Why is everyone is such a rush ?
    I would prefer the realism and take that 10 - 15 min flight every time all the way to Arkadia:rolleyes:

PS. My situation while waiting for Arkadia is totally different :whistle:

18. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

i really hope the teleporters are still active. IF space comes the same day, i myself will not wait around for a pilot, i got things to do, ill visit common areas to see if a pilot IS available and fly there that way, but if none, im using TP.