1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So arkadia has already cost me a few k peds and it isn't even launched yet?

Discussion in 'Crafting' started by harmony, May 17, 2011.

1. Chiba

Chiba Member

Items has been changed before and I am sure they will be changed again...

The rep edge axe is one example, it had insane eco earlier.. :)

2. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

It may have been an MA update, but the Treasures part of the auction just showed up, and I'm pretty sure that that may have something to do with all of this... maybe, in part so Arkadia doesn't end up doing like Rocktropia did and have miners mining up sweat?

3. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

Marco also said he didn't want grinding quests in EU ever but now if a player finds that they haven't completed the latest iron mission they go into a panic attack.

4. Stave Petty

Stave Petty Member

Treasure was even included in the original mindark project entropia concept presentation. Its got nothing to do with arkadia.
    [video=youtube;7QlI5Js-vjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlI5Js-vjc[/video]

2:55

5. Shargon

Shargon New Member

To expand on what Stave is saying, Arkadia is basically the Calypso concept 're-mixed' as it were.

6. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I completely disagree with this. Arkadia is its own planet. It's not just a 're-mixed' Calypso. It's complete with its own storyline (a great one at that), armours, weapons, etc. In no way is it just another Calypso.

7. Stave Petty

Stave Petty Member

No, Arkadia is using the entropia platform, Arkadia will have its own content theme and story.

Calypso isnt entropia.

You really need to get what each entity in eu is and does.

The concept presentation was for mindarks grand vision, the platform, not for calypso.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shargon

Shargon New Member

At the time of the video, Calypso was Entropia so I view the original concept of what it was supposed be as being similiar to Arkadia. Hence the term re-mixed, as while it is similiar it is also significantly different. Since the video, Entropia has become a real platform so Entropia no longer limited to just Calypso.

It is its own planet yes, and the story-line is indeed interesting; read above about why I called it a 're-mixed' Calypso. Substitute robots for aliens and it's a very similiar premise indeed, but that doesn't reduce or belittle the story-line of either planet. There are similiar, and they are different too; fiction is like that.