1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smugglers: What you want from them

Discussion in 'Missions' started by Raven Lunchbox, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

What would you expect or like to see from smuggler events, mission chains, rewards, gear, vehicles etc

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

unlimited Pirons and S&B's ;)

3. xantok

xantok Member

a non bias to super high level players. multiple layers where you dont have to have a mod merc to complete the missions

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Some sort of reward would be nice.

They can't do killpoints on shared mobs, but would be nice if smugglers dropped some 0.001 pec item which you could trade in to an IFN Quartermaster for gear And or skills.

Simple solution and would provide more meaning to the smuggler events than just a shoot fest

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. djinn

djinn Member

Might be nice to be able join the smugglers like being able to join IFN.

• Like Like x 3
  6. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Not a bad thought, and a system like that has worked well for Zombie Kong.

7. xantok

xantok Member

how about a faction war thing... not a direct pvp arena where people can overly compete but more like a faction have mobs drops count towards different achievements and the faction have to battle it out and whoever is in the lead gains control over the town and have different vendors in there selling something thats either cool or functional (special car paint jobs/UL low dps weapons like old tt items) as you do things from people in the town you can get points with them you can use like combat tokens on calypso

-ps- dont hate this was an idea formed on a VERY large ammount of alcohol and not a complete thought out idea

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Imagine a mission chain that gives smuggler promotions similar to IFN (but less annoying). Missions would increase in difficulty for higher ranks. Have a broker that allows you to purchase stuff depending on your rank.

Also I want some smuggler armour.

9. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Unlimited amps.

mission chains that do take your current level into accout. Being over level 100 and shooting 100000 punies not fun, i swear

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. May

May Active Member

Since there is already going to be a Smuggler Mission chain, other things that would nice:
    - Smuggler Weapons: (also some) unl would be great.
    - Smuggler Armour: the same, or in the same style as they wear now.
    Either crafted, or to be traded from a broker, in the way littleswampymonster suggested.

Btw, wanting missions that take higher levels into account, I can understand: but how exactly would that work? [​IMG]
    For skill rewards it makes sense ofc.
    But if it is also to gain ranks in the Smuggler hierarchy, wouldn't that mean that higher level people automatically start at/become higher rank than the rest?
    Even if the same amount of time/effort is spend on them, and also at the max of their ability?
    Especially if your rank would decide what kind of stuff you can purchase, that doesn't seem very fair.
    Doesn't 'fairness' count heavier than 'not fun'?

• Like Like x 1
  11. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Smuggler Drop Ship a Ned customised one that you can actually take in to space - I am fully aware MA control space but if you dont ask then you dont get right ?

Smuggler Armour - Personal prefference for me is for this to be avatar bound so that this can then be worn as an achivment and not just sold of to another player - again I am aware of the contreversy of avatar bound items but think something this cool should only be available as the reward for people actually doing the mission.

Smuggler BLP Weapon - dont mind rifle or pistol but something UL would be way to cool to go for ;) but then also have options of weapons melee and laser just again putting this out there and maybe having a choice of smuggler weapon from xx broker or npc.

SMuggler Island - Smuggler Base - have a dedecated smuggler base - area only accessible to those that are invited to join the smugglers and have smuggler craft / trade terminals / blue prints - restricted to this area

Smuggler Instances - Wave Event Have some Smuggler Style instances ;P Common wave event area that you can spawn big bosses with and have fun with on non event weekends for those of us that are just compleatly addicted.

Smuggler Uniform - clothes - have the smuggler logo on smuggler clothing line & smuggler flags

Smuggler Broker - have a smuggler broker that you can trade smuggler reward tokens for items

Smuggler Mech - Player controlled so you can have some real pvp fun and go on a decent smuggler rampage ! ! ;)

Smuggler Estates - Housing for the smuggler faction

Land Grab - Have a Land Grab that either Smuggler or IFN Control - participents get said area dead and income paid similar to aud so multiple deads for the LA and income generated for 3 months and then rebattle ;)

More of the actual story of the smuggler faction - and ned kelly smuggler himself ;P little is known at present

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  12. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

at smuggler events i'd especially like to see smugglers! everything else is a nice bonus... :2pec:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lunareth Luna Moon

Lunareth Luna Moon Member

This might be somewhat off topic, but it is connected to smugglers in some ways. I'd like to see the additions of rewards connected to different factions. Like in some other mmos.

Let's call the "Smugglers" a faction and "IFN" as I understand it is their nemesis. Players should be able to support smugglers or IFN by i.e. killing mobs from one of the two factions and get some sort of token from the mobs to hand in to a NPC (faction representative). This should lead up to different ranks within the specific faction and i.e. to go up a reputation rank one should perhaps do a instance or such to kill a "leader" as a mission for next rank etc. and each faction should unique loot that unlocks at each reputation rank. Nothing too fancy that would ruin the economy, but i.e. L armors, weapons etc. or perhaps a decent L fap. Or perhaps stims that give different bonuses (and each faction has their own version not giving the same buff). To avoid ruining the economy these items could be account bound or bought with the same tokens u use for reputation gain (the ones you'd loot from mobs).

This way Ark would be able to introduce new factions when the lore allows inte and thusly make the game more interesting from a lore perspective.

As I understand it Cyrene has something like this but not as "advanced" as I describe it.

I tried to keep it short here, but hopefully you get my point.

/Luna

14. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

Sally you missed one: Smuggler Pet!!! You could have Ned Kelly on a lead and take him for romantic walks...

• Like Like x 1
  15. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

I would like to have a mech following me around, doing tricks.

I would also like to see killpoint type of missions but with some variety. Rather than "Kill 10,000 Madana" I'd want "Kill 2000x , 400y and 5000 z".

Also, I'd like to see community efforts, like a community mission. What I mean by this is something like "Kill 1000000 Ifn troops" where every participants kills count towards the goal. A non displayed counter could keep track of the players actual kills and size the reward thereafter. Upon completion something big should happen, something permanent.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

What I'd like to see from Smugglers in general and Ned in particular is to cut to the chase. For months now Ned has been accusing the IFN, poisoning our minds and enticing us with shiny baubles, but he has not shown any evidence, any proof. He says that he was an IFN marine and he was betrayed, well... what happened? Ned, give us your story so we can confront the IFN and crosscheck the facts. You'll probably say things like "all will become apparent in due time" or "it is the Smuggler way" or give some other vague answer. You can wave your toys as bait all you want but if I'm to believe you, you'll need to cough up some facts, because right now I see you as someone on a personal vengeance trip against the IFN. You accuse the IFN of wrongdoings, but it is you and your Smugglers who are spilling human blood, killing men and women indiscriminately. All of you who want to join the Smugglers, remember why we came here to Arkadia, remember that we're at war with the Oratan who probably wiped out an entire civilisation and tell me, is it time for bickering and infighting? The fact is that Ned and his minions are ruthless and brutal, don't think for a minute that you won't be used as tools in his private war. Yesterday at the Training Grounds he almost openly said that those of his underlings who don't cut it will be thrown to the wolves, merely cannon fodder. He promises good equipment for the "worthy", but what will it take to prove that worth and will you still be human after that? Think about it carefully.

FYI: the above is roleplay, so take it for what it is

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

And exactly what has the IFN done to earn your trust?

Putting bounties on everything in the Arkadian wildlife? Asking you to kill everyone not wearing the right badge? For what? Arbitrary reasons that we blindly accept, displayed on a terminal. When was the last time you questioned the motivation behind it?

The propaganda got to you. It's time to wake up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Oh, my wishlist is short
    -total pet erradication
    -smaller progress window
    -land area notification disabled
    -kill 10 anything puny daily mission
    -any crafting mission

19. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I think you are more suggesting general 'improvements' for Arkadia, Murkalel. But I see where you are going with this on the matter if Smugglers would be an independent faction with their own land so to say.

20. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

Would be nice to have a Capture The Flag event that lasts for a few hours or so. All levels can compete and maybe you get a certificate or points for competing/participating in a number of shared kills. Get enough points and you get a mashed up smuggler's head as a trophy ;)