1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skills from Sweating

Discussion in 'Skills' started by endy, Jul 10, 2011.

1. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Hm...I just figured you got courage from the mob attacking only - didn't realize the VSE helped a tad more.
    :)

As someone already said, every little bit helps and I'll be swunting Oros for awhile (Nice slow decay of pedcard as loot is suckass atm, plus chip away at boring mission PLUS.....SWEAT!! Oooooohhhhh yeaaaaa....).

Tippin'

2. TreinelFuller

TreinelFuller New Member

There used to be a skill cap at a level of around two hundred in Sweating skills, but it is not limited any more.

3. Ash Blankstone

Ash Blankstone Member

4. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have gained skills in each of the 4 VSE skills without even having a mob around you just have to use the tool. I use to sometimes just go to bed and let it build up skills until it logged me off. Although it seems to be faster when your actually gathering sweat not sure how that works but I have gained skills without actually gathering sweat but just for auto tooling the VSE.

Edit: This apperently was a bug and was fixed months and months ago. Sorry it no longer gives you skills for using the VSE without a mob around.

5. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

I don't know about getting skill experiences just from autotooling the juicer, but I do know that you used to get as many skills trying to sweat as dry mob as a sweaty one. Like KMax, I used to set up on a dry mob, well away from the herd, and auto-sweat all night, check it in the morning before I went to work, and sweat all day, too. Sometimes I'd come wake up, or come home, and find myself trying to sweat the revive terminal.

6. Laradon

Laradon Member

It's quite disturbing, that 2 Arkadian Advisers cant seem to realize they were using a bug when it happened.

An Exploit in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the games designer.
    (Reference from Wikipedia on topic Exploit (online gaming)

1. It should be a given to anyone that this is a bug, the game is not designed to give out skills 24/7 fully afk, that are even worth PEDs (courage), or Attributes that enhance other professions.
    2. It was used by you to your advantage and you werent able to discern right from wrong, no you even brag about it now :p
    3. It was surely not intended by the game's designers, in fact they even recognized it as a bug, as you have should from start

Made me quite unsettled to read this.

my 2 pecs

7. KMax

Rest assured this was done way back about a year ago when I first started, Long before Arkadia was born or I was ever considering being an adviser. I never knew it was a bug at the time I just thought it was a good way to get some kind of pointless skills :p Kind of like how others use some ***** bugs that should not be used.

I never did it very long though, never took me long to realize the only useful skill from sweating was EVADE and that was something I never got from doing this. So that ended fast, it wasn't worth the electricity to power the computer for the skills I got :p

8. Prosha

Prosha Member

I thought it's not just sweat gathering skills from sweating. It's also intelligence, agility and combat reflexes which are quite useful.

9. KMax

Well when I took advantage for using it, it gave me concentration and sweat gathering only, at the time I thought they were important. Heck I thought at that time the higher sweat gathering would get me sweat faster, lol. You don't get any of the good skills until you actually had a mob there attacking you. But I guess you get nothing now by just activating the VSE tool

10. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

1) Quite unsettled, eh?
    2) You don't know me. I dare say not many do. I'm not much of a mixer.
    3) I ain't braggin'. Just saying what I was able to do for a couple of days.
    4) Only readers of the forums see that I'm an advisor. I don't have the stylish vest. I'll still offer my help to the community whether I'm in the group or not.

11. Laradon

Laradon Member

That didnt sound like: You could sweat dry mobs and got skills of it in the past. It sounded like : I sweated dry mobs 24/7, while i was at work, at home, etc and only the revive terminal could stop myself !. That felt like braggin' to me, sorry if im mistaken :). No I dont know you, I just take information in and react on it like I understand it. Unlike KMax who didnt know before that it was a bug, but knows now how Bug using can ruin the game for other players, your answers gives of the feeling as if you dont and as if you dont know why i would be angry for something like that. Sorry if I'm mistaken again.

And Sweat Gathering always gives Int, Psyche, Courage, Sweat gatherer and concentration, that was the case when I started 2005 and it didnt change at all.

Merry Xmas.

12. Morgan Gekko

Morgan Gekko Member

My friend, I completely understand your point of view. All I can say is that, at the time that I was doing this, I was, with clear conscience, taking advantage of the abilities and tools given us to play the game. Obviously, MA decided differently and made adjustments accordingly. They did this with the scanner also, to the chagrin of many players. While I know you disapprove, and respect that, I fealt in my heart that I did nothing wrong and feel the same way now. The ablitiy to get the skills from a dry mob was there for all to use. Everyone has a sweat gathering tool. The auto-tool function is there for all. I put the three together. It cost me decay on my armor, I got some skills, slowly. No combibos were harmed in the gathering of these skills. Would it have been more acceptable if I didn't use the auto-tool function? I use it when I initially sweated the mob. Like I said, we just have differing views on this situation.

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas. Please have a equally enjoyable, and safe, New Years holiday.