1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Six Misses in a Row - Very Frustrating

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Bluebard, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Tony Pendragon

Tony Pendragon Member

I found that you really need to get on when ever most people are not playing. But either way the shinks dont really loot all that well.
    I would recomend Argos at Twins and get the argo challenge too.

2. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have gotten some good loot (a TP chip I) off an Argonaut at New Switzerland, but most of my good loot (and all the globals I've ever gotten) were at Twin Peaks.

On topic, I think I've only had 5 misses in a row.. I frequently get 3-4 at a time, though... Only got 5 once...

3. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I usually just log out when something like that happens.

Last night it was going along similar lines for me so I logged out and carried on playing 'The Witcher' instead.

4. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

lol that would piss off any noobie for sure on mako fal-1 lol.

But I usually and constantly see 2 misses in a row often enough 4 in a row. If I see three in a row i stop shooting cause likely chance is next shot will be a miss so i just pause see if it makes any difference. If it's 1 miss hard to tell, can or not be another miss but after a 2nd miss you should also slow down a bit in your shooting. I'd rather take 1pec of armour decay anyday vs missing 15pecs a shot.

5. Molly

Molly Member

Aye, it's bloody frustrating when those strings of misses happen, even more so when - as someone said - the mob is giving your gun a BJ :O
    I haven't done any testing but I definitely get the impression that taking a step back or sideways before the next shot seems to help - maybe there's a coding or connection issue somewhere and it forces a re-evaluation fo the relative positions of mob and hunter, maybe it's an anti-macro thing, maybe anything - I don't know.

It also seems - again not scientifically tested - that I get less of these misses with a Bravo, a Justi MkII and a Kat Honor than I do with maxed weapons. Or at least it's no worse. Go figure!
    Lvl 26 Swordsman (Hit), Lvl 45 Laser Sniper, Lvl 40 Plasma Sniper btw, with Skill Mod enhancers on all the above weapons.

6. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Well, looks like it might be time for someone to post a record screenshot based on today's VU. Or should we make it that screenshots taken at this time do not count?

7. Durakk Jung

Durakk Jung New Member

I would like to see the misses more inline with distances, skills etc.

Missing at a scrolled out, long range shot would be fine.

Missing with a maxed pistol with a humungous mob right in your face does not seem right to me. :)

Running down or shooting moving mob fine with misses. Mobs standing still in a good range misses should be minimal.

Maxed weapons should have less misses.

Current system really needs tweaking as random misses that should not happen is downright annoying.

8. Mayana

Mayana Member

Miss is not a bug. it is a feature...Now, when I get failed that seems to be a bug...

9. luciphear

luciphear New Member

theres a bug makes u miss?
    how about "this creature didnt carry any loot"? had that 11 times in a row
    before getting loot, fragment tho but still loot... :p