1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should there be rules to owning a booth or shop?

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Few Scars, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Leona

Leona Member

We will see at least another one resold in the not too far future i guess. Just because someone puts some stuff in for a few weeks to cover his intentions doesn't make a difference. I don't think you can prevent it that way.

MindArk should make it so that planet partners can rent shops to players (no 'ownership') and planet partners could then reevaluate the situation periodically. Is some work for the PP but there is no other way to prevent happening the same as on Caly.

2. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Dave have mentioned some time ago that allocation of shops/Booths is based on player population of a given planet. It isn't something PP has any control over, other then getting more new players born on Arkadia.

jc

3. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Like a lot of other people have said, too, it's not a simple yes/no proposition... It's a lot more involved than that.

4. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

I got an idea maybe A-team can poke MindArk to implement a new system for parts of future shop/booth that people are just bid for the first rights to rent those shops/booths, the renting right cannot be resell again. Because the winner not own the shops he/she just rent it, so he/she must pay the renting fee each week/month. Of course the winner will have the first rights to keep renting it when the date gonna expired.

The renting fee should be decided by the sale of the shops each week/month, for example, if the shop sold nothing within a week the renting fee will be 200 ped, if it sold 10 stuff within a week the renting fee can be reduced to 180 or so, the more sale the shop made the lower the renting fee is. So we can make sure all the shops renting by people will be up and running, because i don't think anyone will just want to pay the renting fee to rent a empty shop :p, and the shop can be cheaper for everyone who wants to start a business but can't afford to own a shop.

5. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

This would be counter productive. Shop sales can vary a lot. Sometimes you may get 50 sales in a week. Sometimes none in a week.

The effect of what you propose will therefore force people not to stock items in shops as the risk of not selling is too high. It will inevitably lead to many empty shops i.e. the ones with low traffic.

6. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Many many many posts ago ... I have suggested a new trading system that I extracted from another "player controlled economy" game called eve online. The system works very well there with an active player base of over 15,000 avatars being on at on at any given moment.

MA should really consider revamping the currently trading system, as it hinders new PP growth, hence EU growth as a whole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am just consolidating the various posts here on the idea ...

Market Trading Features
    Trading skills and other issues: