1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share in the Brain Games!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Foolscap, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Who says one avatar gets to have all the fun? Yes, I looted the brain.. but I also feel that a portion of those proceeds should go back to the Arkadia community, many of which have helped make my time on planet very fun this far. With that said, I plan on donating 10% of the 20k that I won back to the Ark community over the course of the next few weeks.

For those who were online tonight, you may have seen the first event take place, where one lucky avatar (Simone!) was the first avatar to find me in Sanctuary Cove and trade me 10k in sweat for a 100 ped prize. Along the way I had discovered an unfortunate hole in my wallet which caused me to drop 10 ped in both Celeste Quarry and Sanctuary Cove, but luckily both piles of ped were found by fortuitous avatars. :)

So, if you want a slice of the loot.. stay tuned to the #Arkadia channel in game for the next few weeks. I'll be randomly announcing competitions or activities where you can earn some ped. I can't guarantee a time when it'll happen, but I normally am in game at various times between 9am - 9pm EST.

One last thing, as you can hopefully tell by the first event, I don't want to make these the type activities that ONLY ubers can win. I remember being a young Entropian and seeing the global list fly by, wishing I could just get a piece of the action. I'm always open to suggestions to other ideas for a competition, so feel free to PM me on here with any ideas you might have in mind!

The competition will end when 2k ped has been given away!

Current ped donated: 2000 (probably a tad higher ;) )

2. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

+rep (virtually since i didnt find an actual rep button :p )

looks like lots of fun and a great initiative from you!

3. Top07

Top07 Member

+Rep.

That's very kind and thoughtful of you. I hope this 2000 PED give away makes Ark community better as a whole. :)

4. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Glad I contributed in some form.

Sprinkle some peds on LA6. lol

5. Cly

Cly Active Member

We like this :)

:thumbsup:

6. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Tonight we had two lucky winners, Death Pro 54 and Arcanix were both winners of a Sleipnir and Hyperplex Combat Helicoptor, respectively. Each avatar also got 25 ped to fuel their new vehicles.

Arcanix was also a lucky finder of some lost Aarkan Pellets that I mistakenly dropped in AU earlier that day.. perhaps he's stalking me? :)

7. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Found a lucky sweat group near Celeste Outpost, gave away 16 TT laser rifles and 160 ped in ammo. Hope they put it to good use!

8. OLD NICK

OLD NICK Member

realy great initiative

and I have one idea:
    spread all over the planet 10 ped "drops" (or maybe 5 ped drops to more locations)... and spread them in some nice locations (like some big hills or lovely lakes or in the middle of the way between 2 tps (to make players to run from one tp to other ... not fly:)) ... in this way exploring will be very fun ... as lets say you climb some big hill and on the top you find some "treasure" :)

With best regards
    OLD NICK

p.s.: one more idea: when you have time you can make quizes in game .... with questions about the ark history (like when was found, or who'e statue is at the harbor and so on :)

p.s.s.: sorry for my bad english

9. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Had a little game last night where folks could send me their coordinates and I would drop l2 amped probes for ore/enmatter/treasure at that location, anything they won was theirs to keep, with the exception that hits over 100 ped would be split. A few smaller claims were hit, but sadly no big swirlies for anyone. I might do a few more today at AU and see if we can get someone some real fun.

Good ideas Nick, and thanks for the tips. Considered placing money in some starting zones, a suggestion I've heard a few times now so the idea must be popular :)

As far as trivia, I probably don't know half the answers to those questions so I might have to do some research if I wanted to go that route lol.

10. Arcanix

Arcanix New User

Treasure hunting! Get the coins!

Thanks to Jess Renada Tylie again for this giveaway!

[​IMG]

Here I am after finding some coins hidden at the museum!

11. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Lost 100 ped today, in stacks of 5, around Celeste Quarry.. luckily the Arkadia populace went to work quickly finding them. Gz to everyone!

Also had a friendly donation of 3 treasure maps, which will be added into the "loot pool" and given out in other events!

12. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Last night I was flying a newbie friend of mine around Ark Underground and told her to pick 5 spots that we'd drop amped probes. Hit one for a XI Force Nexus, and broke that stack down and hid it around Celeste Quarry.

13. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

4 lucky avatars were taken out to hunt Kadra. Or should I say, choose the Kadra that I would kill on their behalf:)

Sadly, no swirlies were to be had, but the 4 of them ended up with about 32 ped in loot each for their time!

14. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Donated some Cyrene TT items (good eco starting newbie weapons/medkits) and 100 ped to the SSI group to buy sweat at higher prices from the new guys. GL sweaters!

15. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Very cool of you Renada! I hope a lot of newer players can benefit from this and see just how awesome our Planet Arkadia is!

+ Rep!

16. Arcanix

Arcanix New User

Find the scattered cargo!

Another successful giveaway! Thanks Jess!

[​IMG]

9 Gyro-fap2 found scattered around Relentless Firebase from the ship lost cargo!

17. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Last night there were some logistics issues with IFN shipping, and two crates full of Gyro FAP-2's got scattered over Relentless Firebase and later Celeste Quarry. Around 45 or so of the Gyro FAPs were lost in all. The good citizens of Ark were kind enough to assist in searching for the items, and as many were slightly damaged, allowed to keep what they found.

18. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

Yet another crate fell off the back of an IFN transport, this time carrying 24 Herman ARK-0 rifles. Scattered all around Celeste Harbour (and at this time of posting I saw at least 7 still laying around). Also was able to get an almost complete set of Adjusted Pixie (M) armour from auction, missing thighs though, and passed that along to Simone who runs many of the newbie sweating events for future prizes.

Word on the street is that yet another IFN transport will be making it's way across ARK today, loaded down with Trailblazer Boots.. be on the lookout :)

19. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

4 more lucky sweaters were chosen to be taken on a Kadra hunt, and this time swirlies were to be had.. an 80 ped hit, along with the rest of the loot, turned out to be about 42 ped for each person to keep!

Also, right before the Oratan invasion started yesterday, there was yet ANOTHER crate that fell from the back of an IFN transport.. this one contained many articles of clothing and landed at Relentless Firebase Academy. From what I understand, it was picked up pretty quickly by helpful people :)

20. Thom

Thom Member

IFN really should be looking for another company to transport their goods. This is what the 5th time they loose valuable items?

Anyway great to see that the community is stepping to help gather the remains!

(Great job Jess :thumbsup: )