1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriously people?

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Cyborg Bill, May 30, 2012.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

So there's armour bps and armour to find. Furniture, components, keys, textures, storage containers, art works, as well as the clothes.

Personally I have scored:
    2 key bps
    3 component bps plus a duplicate which I am listing on auction to recoup some cost of grinding.
    1 clothing bp.

Yes instances arent ready yet but when they come out we will have a good supply of keys to start using them.

Yes there are some glitches to be sorted out (no armour bps dropped yet, need those mob parts, and probably other issues).
    There is a patch coming out in 10 to 11 hours and I am hopeful it fixes the known issues. Will just have to wait and see.

tried the related mining system and found it interesting but I agree it is expensive - thats how they marketed it. If you want cheap mining, stick with enmatter. At the end of the day, I expect the TT return/cost ratio to be about the same as the other types of mining. So the key question is will there be the MU on items to make it worthwhile. We have to wait and see on that also. As I commented earlier in this thread, I believe MU will grow as more bps drop. Another side effect has been an increase in MU on enmatter and ores. So that seems like a good result for miners.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

2. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Mutant Atrax Stalker Active Member

You can jack it up

OR

You can let the market decide.

I think your logic-parser need checking. Getting that straightened out might help you with all this constant stress and confusion.

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

So far with just dropping for treasures I have roughly 65% return with all but one run so far being under 50% tt return. My only thought is that the sooto system is meant as the catch up to balance that out.

As far as the original post it has nothing to do with my parser being broken. I didnt want the same thing to happen here on Ark that RT suffered with extremly slow start of their mining. I trust Ark devs to get out the necessary things needed but trust MA to do right by Ark out of the gate on anything that could potentially pull money from Cally slighly less then I trust someone from Al quieda diggin up the street in front of my house to not drop in an IED.

I was not asking for the oldschool start at a bajillion% MU to start as I stated but to throw up everything at tt to start is just as bad in the other extreme. We are just lucky here that A Team is on top of what is happening and things are dropping with in a day and not weeks down the road like was the SOP on RT when that first came out.

Its nice to see MU's indeed going up...but starting at zero MU also prevents the establishment of "Rare" and "common" by starting everything at common as if something is in fact slated to be a rare find the MU is already established as worthless and sets the precidence of "this is what has always been paid" for a rare....

4. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

But CB, even if such precedents are established (MU on common stuff as per your OP, and MU on uncommon and rare stuff as per the above post), won't they soon enough right themselves? eg something rare selling for 105% will pretty soon be noticed to be rare and then when the demand kicks in the MU will go through the roof?

I think I understand what you've been saying, but I don't understand why it's such a concern to you (based on my admittedly less than Keynesian assumption that supply and demand will sort it all out in the end IN THIS CASE).

Are you purely concerned for the people who should possibly be getting more MU right now, or do you have a medium or long term concern?

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It will adjust according to the number of people selling. The more people selling, the faster the price adjusts. If you've only got one or two suppliers, then the price could stay at an artificial level for a long time (basically, a monopoly fixes the price at whatever they want). With something like treasure hunting, because of the relatively low number of different resources, I think we'll see a large amount of different sellers for each resource, and the market will find its balance pretty quickly. We're still just discovering all the other ingredients and once all the BPs become available, the market will find its value. Until then, people will sell for what they can get. Some of the resources weren't even selling for 103%, that should change. Also, the miners play a big role in it... right now they're just scouting around everywhere, looking to see what's where. Once they get it mapped, then they'll target the high MU treasures and avoid the low MU ones. That will help to stabilize the market.

6. Cyborg Bill

Yes the market should adjust its self as time goes by.. but that doesnt seem to be happening as it should be. I find talking to traders and newer miners that the responces when trying to sell stuff that current MU window is getting used as an excuse to keep MU's low.
    Like rare stuff that is or may be is at say 106% and traders are saying stuff is not worth 102% in such a case and use the current MU window as the excuse to do buisness like that.

Yes prices will adjust as more "Auction" sales go but the way things are distributed now alot of miners get many short unsellable stacks and are forced to deal with traders who buy rediculessly low and then get to resell higher on market by ALOT. look at orders..I have yet to see an order on Ark that was above 60% of current MU which is simply nothing more then someone trying to get over on the short stack situation for miners now. add that to the mix and MU's will more then likely hang lower then they should for a long time.

7. TimUnleashed

I see your point CB.

It's a combination of people selling too low, people paying too little, and stacks being too small.

Hmmm... wonder if there's a simple, elegant solution that would be better for everyone? :huh:

8. Cyborg Bill

The solution is really easy..MA hhas to pull their heads out of their greedy fat asses and stop manipulatng the mining trade to favor crafters so much.

Reinstate skills and gear to mean something in the mining trade. Reestablish the depth ranges to isolate ore like before so it all can not be found with a Z1 or MD 10, and stop dropping huge hofs of 35 k or higher everytime an ore MU starts rising above 130% and let the market determine MU not the loot balancer.

They can also go back to not having 30 ore / en types in an area to only haing 8-12 so the miners can turn things over faster.. making it easier for crafters to turn things over and thus stimulating the economy and not their dam wallets simply because a few hunters cry that mining is too cheap.

9. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Ohh come on Bill, you know that mining is the easiest profession to profit in. The reason that the markup is low, is because the treasures aren't used in something that decays. As a miner you should be glad with anything that sells for any markup. Once the keys become useable there might be a real demand for treasures. The demand now is 90% for people trying to loot blueprints and maybe 10% for people selling clothes.

And 90% of the people crafting with treasures are loosing in the end. (unless ofc they end up selling some of the bps/keys to stupid buyers for insane markups)

10. Cyborg Bill

Mining may well still be the easiest prof to profit in but that does not mean MA hasnt been gimpming the hell out of it in the last year and a half with all the changes. MA started when they incorporated that ninja spawn bullshit on Caly to take more decays from miners since most of us avoid the spawns and hang on the edges...Seriously WTF is the point of them pricks to spawn not one but 2 aramax bull providers in the water becuase I was in a boat going around the edge of a spawn on a mining run far beyond the aggro range. To make it worse BOTH them aramax got in hits on my boat before they sank and drowned.

Short stacking most of the miners with these crazy spawns, manipulating markets, shady traders and crafters buying at unreasonably low MU to take advantage of miners with short ped cards has made breaking even a forgotten entity for Id say at least half if not more of the miners these days.

So yes Harmony part of your statement is true but over all in the theme of the thread here stating it is easier to profit in mining is of no relevance to the thread topic

11. TimUnleashed

...unless there's something to be said for balancing the professions out a bit? ie the possible argument that it might not be such a bad thing (I'm not making that argument, I'm happy on the fence... just sayin')

12. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

to be honest I'm a bit disturbed now.

With all respect and sympathy, Trina/ Cyborg Bill, I still see no other profession where it's this easy to reach the breaking point as in mining. For sure, it needs wise decisions of "what finder/ amp to use where", it needs a certain skill level (8+ I'd say), and needs knowledge and intelligence, more than the other professions.

I see a problem in getting rid of the loot, thus I count my mining results in TT only. But even this way, since actually MONTHS, my mining spreadsheet shows me a "+". Might be that it's because of my "deeper is better" philosophy, might be that this is compensating my nearly complete lack of any globals, might be that I'm just the lucky exception eating up all your spent money - to compensate it I do some crazy hunts from time to time to return at least a part of it ;-)))

In Treasure hunting my results weren't different to my usual mining activities until now, a small "+" again, TT wise. I have to admit that I bought some finders to fill the gaps between the ones I had kept - as mentioned before I'm a fan of "deeper is better", so I change finders often when skilling up a new profession. Seems to have worked.

When selling the stuff - well, what can I do? Waiting for "the man" at Quarry that pays me insane prices? Sry, don't have the time. So I put some of my stuff into the auction, after having analyzed it. I set the SB to TT + auction fee, and set the BO to something just still nearly reasonable, usually more then I hope to really get. Actually, quite often I'm placing quite low amounts with a quite high BO, to get the prices up. But should I dismiss any of my chances to sell at all with entering absurdly high SB's?

Maybe I'm wrong. But I see "TT+ auction fee + maybe a small profit" as SB as the best way to start an auction, and as a last resort in case nobody really wants, and it sells for a bid. And setting a thought through BO as the real desired price.

Should I be wrong, plz explain. Should I be completely OT, plz ignore.

In any case, have a good time!

13. Cyborg Bill

See there in is the clue to your success. Your mining results are simply balancing made to compensate your losses hunting.. Same thing my soc leader does.. if he does crappy on a hunt he normally catches his paybacks crafting the rog hides and such to balance.

I am talking from a strictly miner profession point of view as I dont hunt much at all. For the person who does not do anything but mine (which alot of newer players do because it is cheaper to start with) mining has essentially been nerfed to shit simply because MA is trying to force evey one to be hunters to generate the most decays possible. That is why they filled Caly with so many trash mobs where NO ONE has ever hunted simply to force miners who enjoyed that open space to produce more decays. RT is the same way with all them barking merp spawns (AKA their wolves).

The dedicated miner now days is a wanning entity which I think is bullshit to do to someone who would rather explore then grind. Add to the way spawns are set up and the op of this thread with everything starting at nothing..well thats just going to continue to push more starting players away and continue pissing established dedicated miners like myself off making us spend less and less in game instead of cycling more in the end.

14. KikkiJikki

That would only really make sense if there were personal loot pools and MA have ruled out the existance of those.

15. Cyborg Bill

no my friend you miss what that means.. yes there are no personal loot pools but the system will balance you by your activity.. that just means you dont stock pile your own ped to pay yourself.. what pool you get paid from is determined by your action at the time the system decicides to give an equalizing loot.

16. KikkiJikki

I'm sorry I don't understand how there can be an equalising loot unless you are accumulating losses in your own loot pool. What am I missing here?

17. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The system can (and does) track how much you craft, mine, and hunt. The loot formula could take this into consideration without keeping track of personal loot amounts.

For example, it's been said (speculated?) that moving from one profession to another increases your loot return. The system could simply look at the number of loot attempts you've made in each profession in the last month and adjust a loot multiplier accordingly.

But this wouldn't be "equalization" after a bad run, it would be just as likely to happen after a good hunt as a bad.

18. KikkiJikki

Sorry I seem to be pushing this thread off topic. But how do you know the system tracks this?

19. Cyborg Bill

I will explain this best I can but I will also ask you not to bring this up again as it is side tracking the OT.

When a player mines they contribute to a general pool for the mining prof.
    When a player hunts they contribute to a general pool for mining prof.
    When a player crafts they contribute to a general pool for the crafting prof.

When a person does any activity it does NOT contribute to a personal pool where his/her returns come from.

If a player is normally hunting and contributing to the hunting pool and decicdes to mine or craft he then begins to contribute to that professions pool. If the system decides at that time that player is due a bigger loot be it luck, right time right place, or payback for previous loss it will come from the pool the current activity being done is contributing to when that occurs.

Now unless you want to contribute a thought to the original post regarding the issues arising from people putting new items on auction at tt thus gimping its value from day one feel welcome to do so but please post your thoughts not on that subject in a new thread and I will be more then happy to debate that there.

20. mastermesh

mastermesh Active Member

supply/demand. Massive amount of folks exploring new profession = massive supply. Nuff said.