1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Separated friends and contacts list

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lovefall, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Hyellow!

I don't know how many people will find that useful, but I would really do.

Thing is that I like to be able to easily get in touch with quite a lot of people (contacts), but at the same time I want to be able to follow up closely with just a bunch of people (friends) as in say hi to them when they login or so. :)

Adding everyone I might potentially need to contact at some point (as in maybe business contacts) on the friends list will cause a lot of spam on my system message (with logins, logouts), make the list itself really encumbered and hard to follow and generally make the task of picking real friends from such a list a nightmare. :)

On the other hand, adding only people that are really friends and limit the size of the list to a reasonable number (which is what I try to do now) makes it impossible to see if casual contacts are on or not.

So why not just keep current list as contacts list, and add an option to mark a certain contact as friend (not even need to be visible to that other party) and see just those in a separate list?

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

You can edit the names of the contacts in your list, so people from soc are named in my list "-soc- (player name)"

That way you can sort everyone you got in your list.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

That is a cool thing to know (I didn't :p still have to dig how to do it - haha).

Still what I meant was to allow me to only see the friends at the moment. As in have 100 or 200 contacts if it's the case, yet have the 10 people that I consider friends always show on the top of the list (or even better, on a separate list) to not have to scroll through 2-3 pages of people to see which friends I have to say hi to. :) Also have those system notification with [Rabbit Lizzy] logged on shown only for friends, not also for contacts - I imagine what a constant spam must be for someone having a few hundred contacts. :)

You know the option to create "groups" in messenger programs, on facebook, in other games, etc. I don't go so far as asking for that, I just want two default groups - friends and contacts.

4. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Yes we have been requesting better FL management for a while now. But to get by you can rename you friends names in the list and add starter codes to have it place all friends at time of list by adding codes such as: -, -F, -MS -Ark and so on. This is how I keep all my friends sorted and placed at the very top of the list. (for members who are logged in)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. wournos

wournos Active Member

Well, there are the options of only showing friends or soc mates by clicking the blue boxes in the window that pops up when you press J (can't remember the name of it. Profile?!). But renaming works too.