1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scavenger hunt! Official IFN Announcement

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Raven V, Aug 9, 2011.

1. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

I second that. Spent a few hours today sweating and mining in the area, haven't seen a single item on the ground. If they are there, they are impossible to find.

2. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Sorry you're having such a rough time finding items, Endy. :(

3. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

exactly =) i dont hid things in grass unless its highly visible like the white rockripper 1 which is extrmely visible in grass. everything else is placed in areas they do not blend in, and stick out. I WANT these items found, it defeats purpose of the event if they are not found. =/

Beachs, Patches of Grassless areas, Walkways, around corners, behind Terminals, etc are just small collection of areas things are dropped. they are not hard, by all means most are easiest as can be =). there are lots of items being dropped, and enough are being spread out by 3 players dropping at different times of the day to ensure there is ALWAYS items on the ground.

And besides, i have doubled the value of each days item drop values, so there are twice as many items on the ground. =) please dont diss the event by hinting nothing is there.....that is a stab in the back when u see the true value of items that are now coming out of my pocket, as we have passed up event fund, just to please everyone. Be positive, dont overlook, think, easy not hard areas and u will find them.

Announcement: Day 30 has increased in value, the true main event is on last day (Sept 08th) Dont miss it, it will be an explosive finale!!!

4. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

Well, I gave it another try today, spent two hours running around, this time specifically looking for items, with exactly same result - not a single item spotted on the ground.

And believe me, I'm good at finding things.

So, all these items either picked up quickly after the drop or they are not in obvious spots, at least not those you can think of in a space of two hours.

I'm not trying to "diss" the event and I also would like items to be there, but they are not, at least not at "all times".

Just providing my feedback and a fair warning to everyone - items are NOT easy to find, if they are there at all, you might waste hours and hours of your time and you might not see a single item on the ground.

5. Vadio

Vadio Member

best way to help newbie , buy sweat .5 my 2 cent but keep event

6. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

im sorry you feel that way, but i will disagree, items are there, i know because ive dropped them and ive made the spots easier then first half with half the running and half the looking, i want these items found, just happens u may be looking after they are all found, or just before more are dropped, etc theres many explanations, u are not only one looking, so my guesses are that they have been found already. what makes it harder in your eyes it seems is im not announcing the drops before like i use to, if i did than you would be all over them and no one else get any. that can be said for anyone wishing id announce drops again, try standing in other peoples shoes at that time. I do feel bad u cant find anything, but the items are there....and have become far easier to find, this may result in them being found faster =/

oh for those that keep doubting, this is a message seen many times throughout the day!!!
    View attachment 1943

7. dad1

dad1 Member

ive found quite a few items called out who lost this in genneral chat and ran on iwasnt even looking for em , just unlucky i guess

8. MIND

MIND Member

still nothing found :D :( and im folowing the tips

9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

I seen several items all over the place so they are there for sure for anyone who doubt it, you just need to look harder ;)
    (ofc I left them in place)

10. MIND

MIND Member

still nothing found yet :p

if i find anything i will honor Raven as king :D no jk

11. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

bump, Day 23 and 24 done and set, dont stop looking, items still out there and still being placed around!!!

Friendly Reminder Day 30 is very special Dont miss out (September 8th)

12. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

DAY 30 Preview

URGENT NEWS!!!

Repairs to the IFN Ship that was damaged 30 days ago are still underway. They have discovered the damaged areas include the treasure hold! The contents of the treasure hold were lost around the Quarry area but further investigation is being done to locate this treasure.

If the treasure falls into the hands of the oratan there will be untold consequenses, we must prevent this at all cost!!!

The IFN URGES everyone to help find this Treasure, As an added bonus, all colonist may keep any items they find!!!

IFN has also released the contents of the treasure hold included Diamonds, Emeralds, Garnets, and Amethysts. We must not let the oratan find these!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. MIND

MIND Member

lol still nothing found :D i guess i was unlucky :(

14. syneater

syneater New Member

I just registered on here today, I figured it might be worth while. I started on Calypso, found a good soc, and got talked into coming here. I've been searching for days and haven't had luck, who knows, maybe one day i'll be on at an opportune time and find some items i'm in need of. This is NOT the place for a noober :p. Well, at least in my opinion it isn't, Ark hasn't treated me very well, but I'll keep my chin up and keep truckin through the life of an Arkadian non-depo noob :D. Good Luck to my brother and sister noobs out there during the scavenger hunt, hopefully we can find the stuff before the "people that don't need it at all" *cough* sleipnir *cough*

15. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

Ok Guys, quick update, Sadly i missed Day 26, my sincerest apologies, was caught up in new hunting competition, i have added Day 26's items to Day 27, so Day 27 will be doubled =)

Day 27-29 still planned, Drops will occur throughout the day =) ( Sept 5-7 )

Day 30 Update: Will Start September 8th @ 13:00 Game time ( 8am my time =) )
    -Event Details will be published soon, as i finished the details between hunts
    -TT Value of Treasure is high =) look forward to some fun

Good Luck guys, happy hunting!!!!!

16. MIND

MIND Member

haha anyone post if you been looking since the competition started and havent found anything :D just wanna know if its only me :D

17. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

DAY29, Sept 7th currently active, lots of stuff on the ground and ill be adding ALL REMAINING ITEMS in storage to the drops today, DONT MISS OUT, last chance to catch an item or 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 29/30 = 30+ MAKO TRAINERS || FULL Musca ARMOR sets || Weapons Galore

DAY 30 (September 8th) @ 13:00 MA time
    IFN announces the last of the ships known cargo was located around Quarry Peninsola, It must be found at all costs. IFN also gathered the information from the Ships logs, showing the Treasure Hold is lost as well. The Database shows the contents (Diamonds/Emeralds/Garnets/Amethysts) are all missing. These precious Stones must be found to prevent Oratan from claiming the treasure!!!

It is vital that Colonist find these items we must not allow the foul oratan to gain an upper hand. IFN is allowing colonist to keep what ever they find to inspire the finding of these items.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND SEE YOU ON DAY 30!!!!!!
    RAVEN RAVEN VALICUR - Arkadia Adviser

18. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

DAY 30!!! GRAND FINALE

URGENT NEWS!!!

Repairs to the IFN Ship that was damaged 30 days ago are still underway. They have discovered the damaged areas include the treasure hold! The contents of the treasure hold were lost around the Quarry area but further investigation is being done to locate this treasure.

If the treasure falls into the hands of the oratan there will be untold consequenses, we must prevent this at all cost!!!

The IFN URGES everyone to help find this Treasure, As an added bonus, all colonist may keep any items they find!!!

IFN has also released the contents of the treasure hold included Diamonds, Emeralds, Garnets, and Amethysts. We must not let the oratan find these!!!

STARTING NOW!!!!!!!!​

:dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail: :dribble: :hail:

REMEMBER, ITEMS CAN BE FOUND ANYWHERE IN THE EVENT AREA!!!

View attachment 2010

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED OUT AND DROPPED ITEMS, YOU ALL HELPED ME MAKE THIS EVENT WHAT IT WAS OVER LAST 30 DAYS, THANKS AGAIN

EVENTS TOTAL DROP VALUE AFTER 30 DAYS = 2,950 PED!!!!!! NOT INCLUDING WHAT OTHERS DROPPED!

19. Raven V

Raven V Active Member

Thanks to everyone who was here for kickoff of final day!!!

Below are screenshots (location, map, and etc removed) of the drops, use these as your only helpline!!!

The Rare stones are not screenied, to find these babies, you MUST use your knowledge from all 29 days and how ive hid everything before to find them, they will not be easy. i will update this post as more are found!!!

Rare Stones!
    Diamond (FOUND) (Confirmed, found but not reported)
    Emerald (FOUND) (Confirmed, found but not reported)
    Garnet (FOUND) (Confirmed, found but not reported)
    Amethyst (FOUND) (Confirmed, Found by Ravil Pzycho Strife)
    Ruby

View attachment 2011 View attachment 2022 View attachment 2023 View attachment 2024 View attachment 2025 View attachment 2026 View attachment 2027 View attachment 2028 View attachment 2029 View attachment 2021 View attachment 2020 View attachment 2012 View attachment 2013 View attachment 2014 View attachment 2015 View attachment 2016 View attachment 2017 View attachment 2018 View attachment 2019 View attachment 2030

IF YOU FOUND A RARE STONE PLEASE SPEAK UP SO I CAN ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST! We have 3 stones found that no one has spoke up, we cannot give you recognition for your find if you dont speak up!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Thanks, Raven, for personally making this an excellent, month long event for all the new colonists to enjoy!

+rep!