1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scam alert!!!!!!! Scam alert!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by anthonymorris, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

Hey Guys don’t know who is doing this but I got an email today that said I had a private message on the ark forums it was generated by the webmaster@arkadiaforum.com so it is from the official site. So when I logged in to check my messages there was no messages what I think some people are doing is spamming your email from the forums then deleting the PM can this be done? Here is a copy of the email I got saying I had a message:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear anthonymorris,

You have received a new private message at Planet Arkadia Official Forum from cumsspinyt, entitled "Hi!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://arkadiaforum.com/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Do you want to read people's mind? Look at my site
    (website info left out)

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://arkadiaforum.com/private.php

All the best,
    Planet Arkadia Official Forum

Now I did edit out the website info as I don’t want to help promote what spam scam they are pulling but thought everyone might want to be aware of this kind of thing especially the forum mods

2. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

this PM spammer already got the :banhammer2: treatment (don't worry didn't heal it after), so no need to worry.

But if you receive an email like this, it's because you have set your settings to be notified by email if you receive a pm on the forum so nothing to be worried about, and if you get something similar in the future just report it and it will get the same or improved
    :banhammer:

thread locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.