1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

San's hunting log

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by San, May 1, 2015.

1. San

San Active Member

Milestones: DROPSHIP! :smuggrin: COMBAT SENSE! :thumbsup: Words are superfluous... :cat:

dropship.jpg

Missions completed: Dromia Stage 4, Oratan Payback Mission IX; Cyrene: The Miner's Psyche Rank 2 (500 Drill Bots)

Relevant skills/professions at month's end: Evader 28.9, BLP Sniper 50.0, Pistoleer 48.4, Dmg 50.8, Knifefighter Hit 39.0, Dmg 41.3, Health points 156, total skill points 161861.

• Gratz! Gratz! x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. San

San Active Member

Today is...
    account-created.png

What happened? Where is all the time gone between intro and outro? I can't remember.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  3. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

Happy birthday, San! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. San

San Active Member

Right, needed a break after this. Spent the entire month away on Cyrene, then Calypso, and now Cyrene again. But then... found what I'm doing is not much different, except not being stopped out at 100 mobs every day and free again to hop on or off the train depending on how returns behave. The accomplishment was worth it but it still doesn't make me an army guy ;). Loyalty is a currency like any other. Speaking of which, where is Ned? Not seen or heard of him in a while.

Counting a total of about 13000 kills for the month, solely on Berycled Young (70 hp) and the Tree Dragons on Atlas Island (100 hp). Not much to show for it as it's not hitting the ticker so often (only one on Calypso for nearly 6000 kills, more on Cyrene but they're not always showing due to low number of trackers running). It always amuses me how some folks need to gauge your right to speak on certain forums (not this one) by checking you out on that. It just makes me grin.

Missions completed: Iron Berycled III (12k)

Relevant skills/professions at month's end: Evader 29.3, BLP Sniper 50.4, Pistoleer 48.8, Dmg 51.0, Knifefighter Hit 39.8, Dmg 41.5, Health points 157, total skill points 163076.

5. San

San Active Member

Back on Arkadia after finishing another chapter on Cyrene. Wanted to pay closer attention to returns under the new system and to maximize sample size, chose the smallest mob I've skipped so far: Monura. It went well, PEDs even growing... for a while. After another 5000 kills or so it started receding again. About mid-month, pretty much used up and unwilling to cannibalize on gear just to keep consuming, I retired for the moment and will probably going to be inactive for a bit. This RL ava sucks, to be honest. Not a very good provider. Might concentrate on exploring, there still is a mystery to solve...

Missions completed: Monura Male & Female Stage 3; Cyrene: The Ultimate N00b Challenge (15000 * 100hp, choice of 4 species)

Relevant skills/professions at month's end: Evader 29.7, BLP Sniper 50.8, Pistoleer 49.4, Dmg 51.3, Knifefighter Hit 39.8, Dmg 41.8, Health points 158, total skill points 164566.

6. San

San Active Member

Did I say "inactive"... :D Indeed nothing much happened during the first half of the month, except regular small forays to test the waters again. And very suddenly, it did get better. Turns out in hindsight, MA was experimenting and increased player returns (PCF dev notes). I won't complain about that. Kept at small(est) mobs though until patience was really exhausted. Had to have some variety and travelled around the last 10 days of the month, first Next Island, then Rocktropia.

The returns on Monura had been tt-positive, as well as all the different Papoo races, while nothing else seemed to work for me. But after 3 out of 4 complete mission chains (Stage 5 of all hunting challenges on NI is currently disabled and cannot be taken) the monkey business trampled on my nerves so much even tt profit couldn't motivate any longer. Rocktropia was a loss again, but still managed inroads into Zombies. Tried out the AI mission, but this is outright unpleasant to do in its current form. This month has really shown that you got to pay for having fun, if you want to reverse the money flow you pay for it with enduring the opposite. The RL job is more efficient at that, at least.

Finally landed on Calypso yesterday to a little Dropship bragging. Even provoked a comment from an official Advisor pointing out to the crowd how much work that is to get...

Missions completed: Monura Male & Female Stage 4; Next Island: Red Papoo Hunting Challenge Stage 4; Brown & Yellow Papoo Hunting Challenges each Stages 2 through 4.

Mostly used on mobs this level the tt knife and laser (HK110 & Sinkadus) to consume shrapnel for efficiency reasons, but will keep logging BLP progress as the main profession to develop.

Relevant skills/professions at month's end: Evader 29.994 (duh), BLP Sniper 51.0, Pistoleer 49.7, Dmg 51.5, Knifefighter Hit 40.0, Dmg 41.9, Health points 158, total skill points 165476.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  7. San

San Active Member

Back on Arkadia! After a good break in the sun and some dabbling here and there, Prospectors have finally found to their old form again and judging by a few days into Payback Mission X returns remain dynamic, but keep turning around literally at the last possible moment to end up positive again. Hope it stays this way.

In the health points recalculation with this month's VU, I gained exactly 10 hp from 159 to 169 and was topped to a round number only a few knife swings later. Nice.

Missions completed: Next Island: Grey Papoo Hunting Challenge Stage 2 through 4, Village Boar Hunting Challenge Stage 2.

Relevant skills/professions at month's end: Evader 30.2, BLP Sniper 51.4, Pistoleer 50.0, Dmg 51.7, Knifefighter Hit 40.2, Dmg 42.1, Health points 170, total skill points 166384.

• Like Like x 1
  8. San

San Active Member

I spoke too soon. The joy lasted no more than 3 days, then it went back to unsustainable. I did manage close to 5k low-level kills with the remaining funds and two small top-ups, but they're totally depleted again and scaling it up is still out of the question. Oh, one tiny little success. Needed oil for the escape and got an 'ample' claim after only a few single probes on Windy Isle between the Nusuls after consulting LBML where the probability for it is highest, since Ark doesn't have a Lyst+Oil-only place. Thought wth, not too many probably go taxed mining and between mobs all the time, so the place at least should less likely be wiped just when I want to try it. With the last of my ammo anyway. At least the quad is now fueled up for a good while of aimless bumming around. Immediately fled to the NI sanctuary yet again and been doing absolutely nothing since.

Well, there still is an enigma to be solved which shouldn't depend on wallet power. Been turning every stone in the ruins about a dozen times now, and staring at the steles in the museum to the wonderment of every passer-by who saw me standing there for extended periods pointing a gun at the exhibits... it was for studying the patterns with a scope, lol. The grey cells didn't quite grok it yet, though. Betting my time on everybody else remaining obsessed with the grind... meh I want, too, actually. It's so therapeutically mindless. Can't I get a prescription for it?

Missions completed: Oro Stage 4.

Relevant skills/professions at month's end: Evader 30.4, BLP Sniper 51.7, Pistoleer 50.2, Dmg 52.0, Knifefighter Hit 40.3, Dmg 42.2, Health points 170, total skill points 167161.

9. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

I believe it does, although haven't checked it for a few years. (haven't had the need :))

The small portion of the coast north of Moshane's Legacy that doesn't fit into southern half of the server.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It's still there. Lyst, oil, and fossil tooth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. San

San Active Member

Thanks guys, had never heard of this. Good to know.