1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotate camera is disabled in OTS mode.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by the-unknown, Jun 13, 2014.

1. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

I have been getting the "Rotate camera is disabled in OTS mode." whenever I try to use the middle mouse (wheel) to move the camera around me in 3rd person mode.

This is happening since yesterday. Just started suddenly and it's been irritating the hell out of me. I know it only works in "cursor mode", but I can't get it to work no matter how I tried.

I tested my character in another system, and I had the same issue. So presumably it's some setting in the server side, and not in the client.

Anyone here who can tell me what could be the problem? And how to fix it?
    :huh:

2. AsYlum

AsYlum Member

Have you tried changing from OTS mode to third person view? :)

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It's not supposed to work in OTS mode.

4. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

How do I change to 3rd person view? I didn't even know I changed to OTS mode.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There's a button in the action library for it, called Switch OTS camera mode.

For those who don't know, "OTS" means "over the shoulder" and puts the camera behind your avatar, but looking over the shoulder (either left or right) with crosshairs for aiming. If you don't see crosshairs in OTS mode hit "n" (I think that's the default button for "crosshairs"), since "no crosshairs" is one of the options.

6. the-unknown

the-unknown Member

Thanks! I found it. No idea how that got changed on it's own. Was irritating when it happened.