1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rookie experience of hunting

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Smoerble, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Today I gave a total beginner 10 PED of gear: a pistol and 1 PED ammo. The outcome was not funny for him, even if it wasn't his own money. The first PED of ammo he wasted on an Oro and one Halix... out of ammo.

So I gave him 4 more PEDs, and that alsted maybe 15 minutes or less.

With current gear a total beginner can hunt max. 20 minutes with 5 PED ammo... and gets a return of 70 to 90%, but not enough he can sell, so no MU.

This is fine if someone deposits 20 or 30 US$, but if somoene just starts, and mabye even sweats his first hunting is very frustrating... and he looses his money way too quickly imo.

This is why I kindly ask:
    1) add Rookie hunting gear.
    2) Put Puny mobs outside the Academy and no other mob in the first 300 meter range

I think you should put Puny outside Academy, so players see them as real mobs and not just training exercise.

What do you think?

2. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

I think that's what I've been saying from day one?

3. Calin

Calin Member

I totally agree about rookie gear and puny mobs. I think it gives people a good enough taste to want to continue.

4. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

I totally agree...and if there is no chance for a global to be found its disheartening also(Ok that's just me..haven't got one..purely selfish request on my part).But yes without some kind of armor or ammo dropped alot they will be discouraged.

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think rookie gear and puny mobs was just about the best thing SDS did for calypso. Ark developers should definitely take a close look at gear for the new player.

But globals on teensy mobs? well I don't think that should be expected. I didn't start getting globals till several months after I started, once I moved onto argos.

6. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Globals on low mobs rage skilled players... why should someone skill up and hunt bigger mobs, if every 1 day starter can get this too? Everytime something like happens, higher players rage and I understand why.

7. Lezardine

Lezardine Active Member

+1 for puny mobs and rookie gear.
    It is discouraging indeed, to see how much it costs when they sweat a lot and then phew, vanished!
    Pecs are money too! :):):)

.LeZ.