1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riptor

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

Adjusted pixie plus 2A plates does the job for up to Provider, using a LAW-202 Jungle (which matters because killing riptors with this takes quite a few shots). Provider takes healing during the kill, quite often. Bigger gun or Shogun with the same plates, I think (not tried) Guardian might be possible. I suspect that the LAW-202 Jungle wouldn't be good enough for damage output though - riptors regen pretty fast.

2. slupor

slupor Member

The stage 2 Riptor reward is ~1.4 ped TT of Support Weapons System skill

• Like Like x 1
  3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

As the mob stats have changed I have been wondering about new max damage for each maturity. Tonight I was hunting the high maturity riptors in Boar\5b which is offers 80 points of relevant protection. I wasn't paying really close attention but the largest damage I noticed was 62.x from a stalker. So it appears likely stalker do a max of 150 points. Needs more data to be sure though.

And wow they attack so often! High evade definitely key with these guys.

Edit: This morning I killed 50 mobs in one of the new high maturity spawns, using boar\5b (80 pts protection). Based on those results:[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]

Maturity
    Highest damage received
    Estimated Max Dam

Old Alpha

Prowler

Stalker
    [/TABLE]

It's only a small sample so I am holding off on adding to entropedia. But I can say that I did take a few 1 pts from the stalkers which implies max dam <= 160.

Edit: 30/12/2012
    Today I spent a little more time with the riptors, this time wearing shogun/5b (relevant protection = 59). I meant to target the middle maturities but somehow ended up near stalkers again so I stuck with that till I died. Shogun/5b is a little inefficient with them. So only a small sample (37 kills). Results

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]

Maturity
    Highest Damage Received
    Est Max Dam

Provider

Guard

Dom

Alpha

Old Alpha

115-130

Prowler
    124-140

Stalker
    146-150
    [/TABLE]

Most of the kills were Doms and Stalkers so I am confident about those. The Prowler, OA results are consistent with the earlier tests. Alpha max damage received was less than that for Doms but we can interpolate the results from Dom, OA to predict max dam of 110. I didn't get many kills of Providers and Guardians so there is some uncertainty there.

Edit 31/12/2012. Update after another hunt on middle maturity. Interesting results on the Guardians putting their max damage over 90. And that raises questions about the max damage for the other maturities. I'd love to see some results from others including people hunting the lower maturities....

Note min damage from Alpha was 1 vs the shogun/5b -> max dam <= 120
    min damage from Stalker was 1 vs the Boar/5b -> max dam <= 160

Edit 04/01/2012: After 1200 Kills, the data on Provider - Alpha should be sufficient to allow posting in Entropedia. Suprised to see Guard and Dom only 3 points apart but that is results I got.

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

So of course, one day after I commit data to Entropedia I get results with higher damage received. I'm starting a new post since the previous one is referenced in Entropedia. I'll just record results that are relevant. And in a few hundred more kills might risk another update to Entropedia....

Still using Shogun/5b (59 point of protection against Riptor)

Maturity
    Highest Damage Received
    Est. Max Damage

Alpha
    [/TABLE]

Edit 13/01/2013: with the new spawns seemingly deactivated I'm at the end of my Riptor hunting for now. Another 1700 or so mid-maturity kills have provided a slight alteration in max damage received. Same armour as before.

Maturity

Highest Damage Received

Est Max Damage

Provider

Dom

[/TABLE]

Updating Entropedia...

5. Fifth

Fifth Member

At Riptor Rampage times there was a nice spawn of medium level riptors in the middle of the NW snowy area. When it became a PvP area the spawn was prolly moved to... somewhere. Can't find any info here on forum, nothing in VU notes (that actually moved the spawn), nothing here in beastiary either.
    Entropedia also only knows about small riptors, rest of the info is either wrong or missing.

Allrighty, looks like have to do it using the oldfashioned Mark I Eyeball method. See ya in a week! :p

edit: Big Riptors (Alpha to Stalker) W of Moshane's Legacy. That's pretty ancient spawn there if i remember it right, somehow just never made it to any maps (that i'm aware of).
    There's a newer spawn of the same maturities (mixed with Kamaldon) on Ark Event Area #3.

edit2: Still haven't found medium riptor spawn. Someone better informed might drop here a line. Many thanx in advanve!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.