1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riptor

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

New thread being maintained by May, can be found here:
    Riptor

Description:

When first seen on Arkadia, this vicious carnivore’s speed, aggression and style of attack quickly earned it the nickname, “Ripraptor”.
    According to an eye witness at an Archaeological Society Digsite: ‘Before you could say “Ripraptor” it was right up near us and being taken out by the turret, so we decided there was only enough time to call it “Riptor”

Creature Type:
    Animal

Damage Type:
    Impact
    Cut
    Stab
    % Still under investigation

Statistical data:
    Riptor

IFN Challenge
    View attachment 5827

Maturities:
    Young
    Mature
    Old
    Provider
    Guardian
    Dominant
    Alpha
    Old Alpha
    Prowler
    Stalker

For loots please use any of these sources and please help to keep them updated and correct.
    Entropedia.info
    EP wiki

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

Damage Type is close. We could make a guessing competition from that: I guess it will be 30% stab, 70% cut.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Evil Aeon

Evil Aeon Member

I guess it will be Arcadia merp :rolleyes:

4. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

I guess they will be our overdue Arkadia troxies (bring it!) :D
    Thanks again Jenny, discussion thread up years before I get the Beastiary updated lol, love ya

5. Raito

Raito Member

Looks cool and it would make for a kickass pet. If it's a dilophosaurus (copy/pasta from google) and it is the same thing like it was in Jurassic Park then i hope they won't make a very high pitched sound. In the movie they spit some gooey stuff so it could be another acid mob.

[video=youtube;JxNhLFJz6iM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxNhLFJz6iM&feature=related[/video]

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I had to laugh when I first saw that picture. Thew first thing that popped into my head was Skekis from the movie Dark Crystal. Then I looked at whole screenie and added made in spore creature creator. I love it it looks awesome. Hopefully it does not become a bane to my mining efforts.

7. Evil Aeon

Evil Aeon Member

I hope it will spit loot on me :eek:

8. drifter

drifter Member

And please inform about it's spawn location once it makes it into game.

9. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

I hope that not. We already have a lot of boring low Dam, insane HP & Regen mobs, right?

I'd hope that it'd be kind of an Arkadia Atrax or Merp, with a few decent, separated spawns of bigger maturities, and with the youngs distributed very sparsely all over the map, preferably in some of the now empty regions.
    As the ultra-agressive but not this dangerous nuisance that adds a little spice to the mining :)

For sure, the newbie areas should be mostly free of it.

Have fun, we'll soon learn more about them, DL has started!

PS: Damage type guesstimate: Cut, Stab, Impact, 33 % each. I hope :)

10. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

Didn't we already have Merps and Trox?
    Oro = Merp
    Oweko = Atrox - (Cyrus made this compare after the launch of Ark)

11. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Different behavior. Oro = herd, merp on Caly usually was scattered along the landscape. Oro is a beast to hunt, Merp was a beast to avoid mostly.

Quite a difference - I mined with 2 or 3 young Atrox as bodyguards on Caly, no problem. I'd not try this with even 1 young Oweko ...

Besides, I spoke of AtrAx. And a young Oweko might compare to an Atrax Alpha. And Oweko come as herds again, while Atrax, too, was scattered along the landscape (exept the ones in the special spawns),

Hope I could clarify. Have fun :)

12. minim

minim New Member

heh, they sure missed with the dominant :p Domi is L112 and Stalker is L6X. Domi hit insane fast for 1hp in angel+5b and stalker hit with 120-ish but not often at all.

13. drifter

drifter Member

And what about spawn location please? :)

14. drifter

drifter Member

298, 272 is spawn for alpha-stalker

But still dont know any good place for small ones and medium.

• Like Like x 1
  15. coz1969

coz1969 Member

Found a young-old riptor spawn... quite by accident, as I was TP'ing out of a massive oweko spawn LOL

295, 230

Not sure how far the spawn extends yet

• Like Like x 1
  16. JaKst3r

JaKst3r New Member

Riptor Stage 1
    Conecentration went up 1256 -1311 equivalent to a 0.275 TT ped chip.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. sakuraqueen

sakuraqueen Member

what armor is suitable for hunting riptor young- old?

18. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Initial damage tests show impact/cut/stab no pen/burn/cold/acid/elec. Once again I am not going to worry about shrapnel.

Test Details:

1. Bodyguard vs Prowler. 103.1 dam, 0.080 pec decay = 1.5 protection => impact, no penetration

2. Settler\6a vs Stalker. 118.7 dam, no plate decay, 0.139 armour decay =2.5 prot => lack of plate decay shows no burn. So the armour decay is for impact (1), cut (1), Stab (0.5)

3. Adjusted Pixie vs prowler. 96.4 dam, 1.822 pec decay = 23 prot => 23 points fully accounted for by impact (11), cut (8), stab (4). So no cold,acid,electrical.

% breakdown still to be done. Entropedia only has max dam shown for young to provider. It will be easier to work out if I have more maturities to choose from (really need to know max dam to calc %). Does anyone have data for the higher maturities?

19. KikkiJikki

%break down determined to be 33% for each of impact/stab/cut:

1. Kobold vs young, 14.7 damage, 0.804 pec decay = 11.8 protection. Kobold offers 11 imp, 3 cut, 0 stab. A couple of scenarios fit the observed damage and prot
    a) for youngs max dam 45, breakdown is imp/cut/stab = 15/>=3/<=27 as that gives 8.8 imp protection and 3 cut protection.
    b) 17/3/25 which gives 10 imp protection and 1.8 cut protection.

At this stage I am thinking a) is more likely and the probable result is 15/15/15, especially as all known max damage is a multiple of 3.

2. Goblin vs young. 22.1 damage, 0.744 decay = 11 prot. Goblin offers 12 impact protection and no cut or stab. This result confirms that impact is 33% of damage. I should have done this test first and not worried about the Kobold test.

3. Bodyguard\Pulsar 8 vs young. 6.1 damage, BG 1.5 prot, P8 decay 2.021 = 29.3 prot. P8 offers 11imp/19cut/6stab. I picked P8 because of that wide difference in protection between cut and stab. With impact damage locked in at 33% I want a hit that fully uses the stab protection but only some of the cut protection and thats what I get here. The total hit is 6.1+1.5+29.3 = 36.9

33% for each damage type is the only breakdown that provides the observed amount of protection with 11 impact, 12.3 cut and 6 stab for a total of 29.3 protection.

20. KikkiJikki

adjusted pixie + pulsar 1 looks pretty good.

average damage from an old would be 15.4 dam for a cost of around 2.3 pec. max dam would be 31
    if you want to stil with arkadian then canis\p1 has olds doing av dam of 21.3 for cost 1.6 pec.
    cetus\p1 is too good - over protects against youngs.
    unplated cetus is really good protection but maybe more than is needed.

Decay costs mentioned above do not take MU into account.

ps I have pulsar 1 for sale in my Celeste North shop :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.