1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Riptor rampage (event has now ended)

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by Cyrus, Dec 18, 2012.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Gz to Yquem for 10k Prowler HOF!

2. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I think running this event at the same time as MM is brilliant, gives some of us a chance to win something nice. Otherwise all the uber players with the best gear just move from planet to planet picking up all the top prizes and leaving the rest of us with nothing. It is events like this that give some balance to all players.

All players when hunting Riptors have a chance of getting the highest global. Obviously certain players who run avatars 24/7 can grind 1000s of globals, but at least Arkadia studios has given all players a fair go! A "Fair Go" is an Aussie term to give all people a fair chance. With the highest global or random globals we all get a fair chance. My thanks to Dave Dobson for instilling the Fair Go ethos in Arkadia!

Good luck to all
    Bjorn

3. eggrollonedolla

eggrollonedolla New Member

Ive been watching your numbers with great interest. I have a feeling that your not doing something right. I am using x1+dante with stealth and I am avg around 380pts up to as high as 410 depending on my x1 tier at the time. Now I am certainly not telling you how to hunt but listed in your setup is some tagging gear. If that is the case and your tagging mobs then your def not maximizing your time in the instances.

Good luck out there and happy hoffing!

4. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

Are the spawns moving around during event? Was hunting at the listed coords north of Jaguar yesterday and after a hour or so the spawn was nearly completly gone. Saw other hunter flying around for searching mobs also. Thought to switch location, fly back to TP and found the spawn at another hill, much more south then before, close to TP. Anybody else noticed that? Or was it temporary bug, because same time heavy lag and other wired things happend.

.... and hey, you should have told us to grab our free climbing outfit :) All additional spawns are in mountain areas :)
    This event style I like very much, thx for bring it up.

Cu
    -Ron

5. rastamannen

rastamannen Member

Well I think its good that this event is at the same time as MM. It gives us a better chance of winning something. DPS isnt very important in this event cuz there is alot of running/climbing as well. Riptors did drop TT crap before but now i think they are more balanced. Ive looted 5 guns so far with 125-140% MU and around 8 pieces of armour parts.
    Its quite depressing that my deposit is stuck in cyberspace so i dont know how long my ped card will last and MA doesnt seem to care too much :(

6. Fifth

Fifth Member

Merry Christmas!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

WHOO HOOO!!!! I got an entry in the event 382 PED Riptor Young registered as a HoF :D

BTW my first hunting HoF!!!!!

8. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Thanks mate

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

It has come to our attention that "Kill Stealing" has been occurring in Riptor spawns.

Please see this thread for further discussion of the matter. The OP by Neil gives a good description of "Kill Stealing", and the thread includes posts from Snape and Chris|Arkadia which are also worth heeding.

Chris also stated in that thread that he is happy to look over evidence of people REPEATEDLY misbehaving.

Please note that if you kill steal, you may be disqualified from the event!

Accordingly, I have just added the following rule to the event rules in the first post of this thread:

"Arkadia Studios does not approve of behaviour that contravenes the Entropia Universe Terms of Use. "Kill Stealing" is a good example of this. Any evidence or reports of such behaviour during this event will be taken seriously. Arkadia Studios reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify colonists from the event on the grounds of Terms of Use contravention."

10. Yquem

This is a dangerous path to walk for the AA-team. I would not like to be judge in this kind of matter. It is not always the one who file a report that is the victim even thou what a picture can show.

... and now you will have a busy time.

(8 yeares game experience tell me this)

11. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

I am hunting several hours/day since event has started and only saw 2 or 3 times other GD on my radar. Areas are not that crowded (atm) that it can come to accidental shooting same mob very often. Currently for hunters it is possible to keep other GD at the edge of radar to prevent missunderstoods. Like others already said: See GD, say Hi and GL and move other direction. Most ppl that are longer here than few weeks can make a guess what will happen next when checking *who* is nearby.....

I really hope Arkadia will stay a place where such behaviour is very, very rare, but I agree they will run into problems when wrong ppl starting to missuse the new rule for there own interests in a bad way.

12. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Big Gratz Yquem u got a nice one :)

13. Fifth

Fifth Member

14. Yquem

Thx mate - indeed a nice one

15. rastamannen

rastamannen Member

Gah now I realize that there is several persons hunting with one ava 24/7, I already hate them!

16. Lif3bring3r

Lif3bring3r New Member

Nobody's playing 24/7. I don't know about Rejman or EMW, but I sleep enough and well :). We just grind the whole day, that's the point of category A, and it's awesome because it can create some sick competition between the most hardcore hunters. That's why there are other prize categories too - for those who don't have as much free time and can't use such big guns.

I love this event format, there's finally something for the grinders, something for the lucky looters and a chance for those who get just 1 global. I love the fact that it's at the same time as MM. And I love the prizes :D.

I really hope there will be more events like this in the future. WTG!

17. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Yquem,

Rest assured we will properly investigate the matter if it arises and not make any haste decisions regarding this. Like I have posted in the linked thread with this rule it first of requires that someone is repeatedly kill stealing and requires ample screenshots or proper video evidence showing the act without doubt. Last thing we would want is to disqualify someone unfairly. I will also be having an in game chat with the defendant to get both sides of the story before we make any decisions.

Regards,
    Chris

18. Yquem

Cool - sounds much better than MA support team :)

19. fluske

fluske Member

to the ark-team,
    could you please up the spawn at the locations mentioned for block 1 ?
    i think i spent as much time running and searching around as shooting

or create a new thick dense spawn somewhere else ?
    it will(in my case ate least) double decay/ammo spent for you guys :)

20. slither

slither Active Member

Would be nice to also see the stats on the smuggler faps, they're usualy a bit different to normal ones (especialy skill requirement)