1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reward Offered: Lost artifacts!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Neil, Sep 7, 2012.

1. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hmmm, did Neil make it back from Calypso? Maybe we need to do a search and rescue in space for him. Have not heard anything for awhile here.

2. kenji

kenji Active Member

I think the same K-Max, I check several times per day this thread and nothing new happens. All we can do is wait ...

3. Ognap

Ognap Member

Haha. that's true, but maybe are we too greedy. If we could earn dozens of peds every day in these events, it'd be too easy :D
    (i often check too, btw)

4. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Last spooted him on caly by the new TP. Some short PMs after that just before he supposedly left caly. Since then only silence.

In space no one would hear him scream :shrug:

5. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Maybe ran into some space pirates and damaged his ship and he limped his ship to an asteroid out there and just waiting for a rescue. Ships communications probably damaged.... :p

if nothing else we are making it a good story :D

6. kenji

kenji Active Member

Good news people ! I saw Neil today in quarry, but I was in a hurry and dont had time to talk with him. Anyway it seems he arrived on Arkadia :)

7. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

U have a photo or else this might come off as pure speculation that can be extremely dangerous in a situation like this. We need pictures to be sure imo and the silence is still disturbing. Maybe the drones caught him in space. He did speak of probing last time I spoke with him. Hmm the have taken over his body and are roaming ark as him atm.
    Be aware ppl be very aware as robots might acctualy have finaly made it to ark. :hail:

8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Kenji is right. I certainly was in a hurry... and I need your help.

I had a run in with some space mobs on my way back from Calypso. I survived (as you may have deduced by now)... but my main sensor array was damaged in the fight. I had no radio no navigation. No big deal, who really needs those anyway. Thruster and landing gear both checked out, so IMO I was good to land.

Of course, with no radio--and it still being before dawn--I didn't know there was a blizzard over the SE arctic. So I located the firebase the best I could.... Finally I saw lights from the firebase landing pads. Quickly I touched down, opened the hatch, and jumped out. Only it wasn't the cold metal of the landing pads under my feet; I sank chest deep into fresh snow. Then a shape in the darkness coming toward me and that's the last thing I remembered.

When I came to, the snow had stopped and there was enough moonlight to see where I was, and fortunately I recognized the place. I was more than half a kilometer NW of the firebase. I was by my quad, and cold too... my space suit's heater was on its last legs, so to speak. And I had a splitting headache. Then I saw my stuff. My pack had been slashed open, its contents scattered all over, half buried in the snow. Now I was sure this had not happened in the landing, that I COULD remember. I'm positive I was not hallucinating when I saw landing lights last night--but there's nothing there now. I believe someone did this deliberately. I was ambushed. And they'd been looking for something. Most of my stuff looks like its still here, just thrown around--but I had so many artifacts (and junk) in there it's hard to tell what was taken.

Here's the part that worries me most... It was bitterly cold, so I decided to take the underground caves up to the firebase, since they're sheltered and a bit warmer. As I headed that direction, in places where it was sheltered from the wind, I could tell I was following a path recently made by someone, possibly those who ambushed me. As I neared the entrance, I saw the carcasses of a half dozen Oros, slashed, and I mean brutally slashed to pieces. Just left lying there... I immediately thought of Oratan. But this is far from Oratan country, they're never seen up here.

Inside the caves, it became apparent that there had been fight inside. There were spent blp cartridges on the ground, the remains of a gyro-fap 10 and blood. I don't know what went on or who survived, but I did find a few other items that I believe were stolen from me. There were small amounts of treasures, remnants of khorum and alloy plate. It's disturbing... there have been recent rumors of Oratan robbing digsites, but no one really knows why... Oratan don't typically show any interest in stuff that doesn't cut, shoot, or explode.

I'd like to figure out what went on... and the caves are too much for me to search alone. I'm asking for help in the search. If you can find anything in the caves at Courageous, please turn it in to me ASAP. I'm trying to determine who did this, and if it was indeed Oratan. If it was them, we need to know what nefarious plans they are hatching now. I'm offering a 15 ped reward for any item found in the caves at Courageous. Please document your find, posting screenshots would be best.

Thanks for your help.

9. Neil

Update: Kenji found some blades... I'm flying them to IFN HQ to see if they can trace the serial numbers. Had to fly because the TP was wigging out. Not sure why.

10. kenji

kenji Active Member

11. Neil

Just got back from IFN. Captain Chikara looked up the serial numbers and yes, the blades were from one of the shipments stolen by the Oratan. It also explains why the TP wasn't working for me... TPs don't work if they detect any Oratan DNA... See this link.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bigdawg

bigdawg New Member

View attachment 4995 View attachment 4996

While you were gone. I was helping kenji look around and found two blueprints.. a key one and key two. Not sure what they needed these for though..

13. Neil

Well it's been a few weeks without any treasure hunts, but I was mining today and saw some odd happenings up in the jungle.... People seem to be losing articles of clothing while out in the bush. Not sure why this is happening, but I can tell you that there is a pair of Trailblazer (F) boots and an IFN Jungle Singlet (M) within 800m of Moshane's legacy TP. Finders' keepers! I'll be letting you know daily where others have lost clothing.

Please post if you find anything!

14. Deminish

Deminish Member

15. Venture Bros

Venture Bros Member

Would they still be there?