1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reward Offered: Lost artifacts!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Neil, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'm a bit embarrassed to have to bring this to the Arkadian community, but I had a deadline to meet and had to hire some temporary help to sort the artifacts I recently unearthed in the desert. Anyway, the short story is that some of the items got lost and of course, they were improperly recorded so I don't know where they are. One artifact I'd really like to find is a large Shagadi vase, and it was left at one of the desert digsites, most likely in or very close to the ruins... that's all the data I have at the moment. I'm offering a reward of 50 ped for its safe arrival.

If you find this artifact, please note where you found it so I will know which of my careless assistants to dock pay from, since none of them are owning up to it. Reward will be given when the artifact has been safely returned to me.

Edit: I need to clarify that this is a particular vase, not just any old Shagadi large vase. This one had writing on it that seemed to refer to the strange mating behavior of the recently discovered Magurg creatures. More analysis is needed since there are many unknown symbols, but the biologists are understandably anxious to get their hands on it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. kenji

kenji Active Member

I found the Shagadi vase :cool: I will wait at the quarry, near Tp to give it to you.

3. Neil

Update: Looks like we also have a total of 287 Arkoins that were left at one of the arctic digsites. The technician responsible is currently being treated for frostbite. As the medics were taking her away, she did tell me that they were divided into three bundles, and all were left at the same digsite. Apparently they are "hard to see when you have snow in your eyes". That's all I know.

I'm offering a 20 ped reward for the return of these ancient coins. To claim the reward, you must return them to me in their original bundles.

Thanks for all your help!

Edit: To clarify, if a single person doesn't find all three stacks, it's OK, each finder will get the corresponding fraction of the 20 ped reward that they do find. Example: if you find only one stack of 28 Arkoins, you will get about 2 ped reward.

P.S. Since many of you haven't seen these little coins, here's pic of what they look like on the ground:
    View attachment 4941

4. Ridan

Ridan Active Member

Shaking the sands out of my boots IM NOT going back into the desert :p

5. Neil

Gratz to Kenji for recovering the Vase! We still have those Arkoins out there, for anyone with warm clothes and some spare time.

6. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

cool stuff!!:cool:
    nice story around this event and great initiative.

maybe have the successfull archeological helpers post a pic of the position they found the artifacts and treasuries.

7. Neil

Good idea... if you guys find the items, please post pics (if you can).

8. Neil

Added pic of Arkoin to post above, so you can see what they look like when dropped on the ground.

9. Neil

Update: one of the stacks of Arkoins has been found. I won't say how much or which digsite. But I'll give you all the advice I told him when he was ready to give up looking for the other two: if you don't see them on the ground, look elsewhere. There is time for anyone else to find the remaining stacks.

10. Ognap

Ognap Member

Hi, i found the other two, it was on Jaguar digsite. I've some issues to post and upload picture, sorry for that. You can click to enlarge :

View attachment 4952

11. Neil

Thanks, Ognap! That was truly a difficult find.

Stay tuned... I know there are more missing items here on this list......

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Reason for that is there was a link to imageshack in the first post you did which caused the post to get "Automodded" by the forum bot in case it was SPAM. The automod is set so that any post containing a link within the first 6 posts you do on the forum, will get automodded till one of us authorises it. After you've posted 6 times, this will no longer be an issue.

Now, back to our regular programming.

Awesome event BTW

13. Neil

OK, this just in... a biologist friend of mine just sent me this message from space. I don't have time to do it at the moment, so I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer... If you find this artifact, there's no reward, but the finder can keep it and use it.

This is a trifungulus (but not THE trifungulus in the message above):

View attachment 4954

And here is what a key looks like on the ground:

View attachment 4955

14. Neil

Added pic of a Trifungulus.

15. Neil

Added pic of key, for those who don't know what they look like.

16. Ognap

Ognap Member

I saw a Sleipnir when arrived on site and i thought it was lost for me. But behind a plant :

View attachment 4956

17. Neil

Gratz Ognap! Very fast too :)

And yes, Ognap is one of my disciples, but I'm not giving him any hints that I'm not giving the rest of you :)

18. Jade Engima

Jade Engima Member

New guy is on the ball! :)

19. Neil

Now that those artifacts are secure, there is something else... to be ready for the announcement, make sure you have the teleport at Courageous Firebase Academy. Coordinates are 15667,25619.

20. Neil

Now that those artifacts are secure, there is something else... to be ready for the announcement, make sure you have the teleport at Courageous Firebase Academy. Coordinates are 15667,25619.

And now for some very good news. I received this message earlier today:

I'm on my way back from Calypso and ready to fund more of my.... artifact recovery efforts.