1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Gatherer - first infos

Discussion in 'Skills' started by Murkalael, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

terratech-1.jpg terratech-2.jpg

Basically you walk with the above tool equiped to spot a specific tree where you can harvest resources. No confirmation yet on what they will be used for. So this is a W.I.P. and will be tweaked as more data will be collected and supplied here.

Entropia 2015-06-16 00-26-02-39.jpg
    That's how you will spot a resource to be gathered.

Entropia 2015-06-16 00-29-01-38.jpg
    This so far is the type of resource that you can gather

TT tool will stop working on average 14pec, haven't seen so far any discover of better tool or blueprint to craft one.
    Terratech PH2(L) Blueprint(L) discovered
    Terratech PH-3 Blueprint (L) discovered
    Terratech PH-3 (L) Blueprint (L) discovered

Affected skills:

Alertness
    Analysis
    Athletics
    Biology
    Botany
    Bravado
    Computer
    Dexterity
    Genetics
    Geology
    Perception
    Pet handling
    Psyke
    Resource Gatherer
    Zoology

For some odd reasons my fraps stopped working while doing this run, so I'll fill in as soon I have more data or you guys willing to provide some extra insite.

Aditional info:
    Doesn't matter if you search during day or night, the bright will be the same, but I received info that you won't see the spot if you're using low graphics or safe mode.

Few screenshots taken during day:

Entropia 2015-06-17 19-53-19-64.jpg
    You can see spots even through obstacles

Entropia 2015-06-17 22-36-48-47.jpg
    On areas where there are several trees similar to the ones we're looking for, there's a big possibility to find multiple spots.
    In addition you can revisit same areas in a couple of hours, treat them like mobs, they definetively will spawn on same area eventually.

A small correction, pet handling is not directly affected by this skill, when you increase zoology and botany your pet handling might also increase.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  2. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

I think the resource gathering will give resources neded to build the bigger houses on Calypso as part of the CLD thing. Some of them have a requirement for composite planks, which I assume is a combination of different types of wood etc. No idea if anything similar would be implemented on ARK (although there are no deeds-m above ground- so no idea how they would go about this).

3. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

Composite planks turned out to be crafted, using a variety of materials.

Better tools have been discovered as well. I'd say if someone wants to profit from this, get the bp and have big batches on caly auction ready for the cld plot release tomorrow.

4. Norm

Norm Member

In addition to what you listed, I've gotten Resource Gathering, Zoology and Perception skills while ?lumbering? (resource gathering). I've also gotten Dexterity, but it's possible that was while a mob was chasing me - not sure.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  5. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Thanks, added to the list

6. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Great info Murkalael. How rare are these resource nodes? I have been exploring through some decent wooded areas with my PH-1 equipped but have yet to find anything.

7. wournos

wournos Active Member

Some walked for over 2 hours without a node showing, others, like myself, have seen up to 4 nodes within a 50 meter radius.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

I believe is the running version of stone walk, So far I tried Machinery Plant to Valiant Firebase. With TT extractors I was able to find level 3 resources, usually trees with thin trunk. I don't know how are your graphic settings, but I'm using all medium settings and I noticed a slight variation on color of tree leaves.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Excellent, thanks all!!!

10. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I hope we see another PH-3 UL BP drop. I heard the BP had 11 clicks and only 1 UL PH-3 dropped.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Norm

Norm Member

Regarding rarity of nodes:
    There seems to be a consensus among people I've talked to that nodes are in found in bunches. With the exception of two single node finds, all my finds have been 3 or more nodes within a few hundred meters. As far as I can tell, all the trees with nodes look the same - whitish or light-brown skinny trunk with bright greenish-yellow leaves (only looked on Arkadia, but hear it''s different on other planets). The two single nodes I've found were in areas containing slightly different types of trees than the node-trees, while the multiple-node finds have been in areas with lots of trees that look like the node-trees. Also, I ran through several areas with unusual trees that look nothing like the node-trees and have found zero node-trees mixed in.

Several people I've talked to believe areas where node-trees are found can be revisited repeatedly. The EU notes seemed to suggest something like this, so it makes sense. I tested it out by going back to some areas I'd visited previously and found nodes in 3 out of 4 revisited areas. I believe the one revisited area without nodes was one I had just been to less than an hour before.

Of course, it is early and sample sizes are limited, so any of this could be random chance, but these have been my observations.

Regarding skills gained:
    Murk, perhaps it's too obvious to list since we're talking about the Resource Gathering profession, but your OP omits Resource Gathering skill, which is listed under Mining in your skills window

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  12. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Well, I added anyway. Maybe some more experienced players can help me translate this in numbers, I noticed that Botany poups up more often than others.

13. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Bravado is another affected skill that you're missing.

Doer is trying to work this out. It would help him to do so if you can post all of your current values in the relevant skills/attributes and the Resource Gatherer profession. It needs to be as accurate as possible, with profession to 4 decimal places (hover over the progress bar to get this) and skills with approximate decimals. I'd suggest estimating skills to one decimal place based on the progress graphic.

Before and after values from anyone chipping in or out one of the relevant skills is even more useful.

14. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Thanks for the info, skill added. I'll try to get this extra data when I get home around 22:00 MA

15. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

I've just noticed Pet Handling is in your skill list, which doesn't seem right, not least because that's not the name of a skill. If you had a pet spawned while you were extracting you may have got taming skills which would confuse the issue. Noticing that has also made me question whether I could have got taming skills mixed up in my list too (I can't remember whether or not I had a pet spawned at the time).

16. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Yup, it is. And that pieced me off, because when I started gethering I was lvl 0 pet handler, never had and never will have a pet, but now I'm lvl 3 pet handler. Just check my signature :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. San

San Well-Known Member

I used to proudly wear my title "Inept Hair Stylist" for all the same reasons. Now I am "Weak" and it's no longer funny. I tt hair gel and other beauty stuff regardless of markup because I consider it an insult. A while ago I started a suggestion poll to get that about the skills corrected, but the community didn't seem to like it. Have I just found the only soulmate in game? ggg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  18. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

OK, but that doesn't change the fact that Pet Handling is not a skill, so you can't have got a gain in it :)

If you mean that your Pet Handler profession went up while you were extracting, then that's due to the effect of skills that affect both professions, and isn't relevant here.

19. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Geology also missing from your list. Someone on PCF said Agility but I can't confirm that myself.

20. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Added, even I never got any gelology on my skill up. This would affect mentioring don't you think?