1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regeneration

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Terminator, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Terminator

Terminator Member

What is the best way to calculate the regeneration speed of mobs?
    (Most of the Arkadian mobs have no regen speed populated in Entropedia...)

So far, I tried this method on a Oweko Young:
    - Damaged 2/3 of the mob then went in my VTOL and started recording a 30 sec movie with free Fraps.
    - From the AVI, counted the regen "jumps" and the duration between them:
    Code:
    Pos    Duration
    01    +6
    07    +6
    13    +6
    19    +6
    25    +6
    30    +6
    - Extracted a BMP before the first jump and one after the last one.
    - Calculated HP before the first jump : 30.58% (37/121 pixels from the BMP)
    - Calculated HP after the last jump: 52.07% (63/121 pixels from the BMP)
    - Excel says we have 3.58% regen every 6 sec or 0.60% regen per second.

Does anybody have some advice about a better (more accurate) method?
    :)

Thanks,
    Term

2. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have tried many ways suggested on Calypso forums but my margin for error is less doing my following method.

I shot them once followed by u key almost simultaniously. I record time and damage. I then watch the health bar until fully healed and when that last health tick is healed I press u again and record the time again.

I repeat this 4 times minimum, the more times you do this and collect the data the more accurate your results when averaging at the end.

I divide the damage given by seconds taken to regen fully for each set of data, add them all up and then divide by the number of sets of data. This gives you the average.

Others have other methods but I've had larger variations in results on average then using this method so I stick with my method.

3. Terminator

Terminator Member

The one-shot method seems difficult to apply on big mobs, no? I mean on a Scoria with 3500 HP, you'll need a quite powerfull weapon to make a visible damage.

So far it seems that the all mobs who regen have a jump every 6 sec, the difference is the HP % they get.
    Actually its a bit less than 6 sec, I believe I read 5.75 sec somewhere in the past.

And I'm not sure the 6 sec are starting after the damage you do or if all mobs get their regen jump together.
    I shall try on bigger mobs and on more than 30 sec, so bye-bye the movie method and I'll use the "time" key as you do, but watching a mob full regenerating mob and using screenshots to calculate the exact HP % should allow me to do it just once per mob.

4. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

The other method is to use Entropia tracker to and track your guns damage for one mob at a time.

If you know your mobs hp's and you know total damage you have done on that mob you just need to keep track of the time between starting to shoot and when the mob dies.

taking the difference of mob hp and damage done, you know how much the mob healed, take that divide it by the time and you know damage over time.

Much easier to figure out this way but I have gotten much more variations in results from mob to mob compared to the method I mentioned. So you will need a bigger set of data collected to get a more accurate assessment. But both methods work.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Hunt some Oratan, if I remember correctly, with them it's pretty clear that regen tick is not related to when you first shoot them.