1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refined ores heavier than unrefined?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bugg, May 27, 2011.

1. Bugg

Bugg Member

As the title says. I didn't check all the Arkadia-specific resources - keep forgetting to check enmats - but at least the half a dozen new ores I checked seem to be heavier after refining.

Not all that high priority, really. Heck, I don't even know if it's a bug; it could be intentional. Just feels slightly counter-intuitive, so I thought I'd ask.

2. Numbers

Numbers Member

Well, I just refined 0.4 kg of Edres Resin (14 jugs) into 0.4 kg of Edres Varnish (7 jugs). Shouldn't it go down? Could also be intentional, or so small it's hard to notice at this amount.

3. Jonny

Jonny Member

I remember refining a bunch of Ospra stones and the weight actually went up. I dont have specifics so I will wait until I get some more to confirm it.

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

yes there are are few ores at least that get heavier after refining, if only i could remember which one :)

5. DaveFoz

DaveFoz Member

I have found that any resource that is Ark Origin does not go down in weight after it has been refined. If you find Cal Resourses when they refine you do go down in weight.

Does not matter the size as I have had globals on Both Ark and Cal Resourses on Ark and only when i refined Cal Res did i lose weight.

Hoping this is a bug that will get fixed soon. or if on purpose then it is confirmed as ment to be

6. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

What about other refinables, like hides? Obviously the reason to refine while out in the middle of nowhere hunting/mining is to reduce your weight so you can walk a bit further, so I too would think this is a bug. Not noticed, but will have a look tonight when refining hides and ores.

7. DaveFoz

DaveFoz Member

I am not sure about Ark Hides, However I havea few unrefined in storage so next time i am back i will check and see for you, unless someone else answers first with the answer

8. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Just to update, I tested a large variety of ores and enmatters, as well as hides last night, and yes, all of the Arkadian specific ores/enmatters and animal hides do not have a reduced wieght after being refined. The generic (formerly Calypso) materials do reduce. They did not become heavier refined as the title of this thread says, they all simply remained the exact same wieght.

I realized this thread was dated back a while so I looked back at other bug reports and update lists, and found this was a known issue in the May 31 update: "Some Refined Resources are heavier than expected."
    Then in the update from June 8th it was listed as a fixed issue: "
    Ingots now report their correct weight."

So, as it is currently, the wieght does not change at all on a large number (I can't say all of course) of ores/enmatters/hides when refined, I assume that is still a bug and not intended to be that way.

9. DaveFoz

DaveFoz Member

One thing i have noticed though when you refine Ark Ores and Hides is that it flashes your weight lower before going back to the original weight. This tells me that it may just be a bug and that it will get fixed soon enough

10. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Quick update, the weight for Arkadian ores, enmatters and hides will reduce once refined following our next update in early August.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, with your help we are making a better Arkadia.