1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick chat feature

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Cyborg Bill, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hey whats the possibility of setting up a one on one chat feature so logged in member can poke a friend and say hi? I know other forums have an open chat where everyone can be but no options for a private chat.

Is this too bandwidth intensive or does the program used to host the forum not have an option like that? PM's are nice but dont always get answered in the time frame you can be online in the forum.

I suggest it to be only for accepted members on both FL's to elminate bored people from just pestering random people tho.

2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

hi Cyborg Bill

I've seen this feature on numerous forums, and have also seen it removed for some reason. I'll investigate the pro's and con's of this. It is a good idea but whether it's feasible with respect to server loads or not we'll have to see...

3. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

I like this idea :) have my vote.

4. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

This is still on my to-do list lol... real life gets in the way of a lot of things virtual hahha :)

5. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

No Rush. Just thought it nice for the ocasson I am on same time someone else is rather then Pm back and forth while trying to coninue looking at whats going on in the forums. I am not really a chat person myself but once in a while I do attept to be sociable ad say hello to people.