1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for Ark Team

Discussion in 'About Planet Arkadia' started by Berentain, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Berentain

Berentain Member

What are the future plans for:
    Arkoins?
    - Arkoins only flourish when someone is trying to buy the LA but it become dead afterward, so what are your plans for its future? Will there be more new items in the trader (amps, faster gun inspead of tagger, etc)? Maybe create events that can use arkoins to trade?

Daily Missions?
    - Maybe something similiar but less of a grind for starter players to obtain items for the 3 main professions not just hunting like caly?

Incentives for crafting?
    - Hunters are allow to loot uber weaps and armors, miners can get various treasures and armors but there is none for crafters. So will we see any type of incentives to craft anything at all?

Ark Underground
    - Can you give a little more info or hints as to what the future will bring for it?

Balance?
    - How will you guys balance the 3 main professions? So far, the cost to craft is a lot higher than the looted items. So will there be a decrease in cost to craft? Add more uses for Arkoins, treasures and animal parts (as Atomic mentioned)? Will we see an increase drop rate for ingredient (animal parts) for crafting?

Thanks for your time,
    Berentain

2. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

Was hoping for a nice arkoin texture bp :)

3. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Platinum Member Platinum Member

We also need some more crafting uses for treasures and mob parts like beladoth back spike, otorgui nails, Scoria leg and the like.

4. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I am sure the Arkoin broker must be due for a new season of Arkadian fashion.

5. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

HI Guys & Gals

The Main Man Mr Dobson has been in contact with me this morning here at Normandie Radio ..

We are Pleased to announce that David will be Live With Us to answer your questions on the above matters and any other questions you may have about planet Arkadia ..

Dj Isclay and myself invite you to post your questions here or you can call in to normandie radio via Skype and ask david your question in person ..if you would like to do this please add me to skype :- monkeymelv

Please remember that david can only answer arkadia based questions and cannot answer about thing's that are not within his control .

The Show will be 16.00 Ma Time this coming Saturday 3rd of May

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

While I like uber loot as much as the next guy I think I should note a few things about crafting based on my experience.
    Crafters do get the chance to loot valuable stuff in the form of blueprints. Though many are worth very little, quite are few can either sell for over 1k ped or be used to make profitable gear. Some crafters base their profit model on grinding for these bps.

TT returns is in theory similar between the 3 main proffessions. Where crafting has a big advantage is you always know the MU of the thing you are trying to craft, while with hunting or mining, it's a bit of a gamble as to the mu of the loot you get. In crafting, the only reason to end up with TT food loot is because that's what you chose to do.

Just as for any of the professions you can spend as little or as much as you like on crafting. Just as for any of the professions, reliable returns come from cycling a lot of peds (ie doing many clicks). Just as for any of the professions you need to understand the market. The higher MU craftable items will generally have a higher cost to click and so you need a big ped reserve. But that's very similar to my experience in hunting - higher MU gear generally found on tougher mobs.

But a big hurdle is the cost to skill up and I don't think the Ark devs can do anything about that.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki