1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question to A-Team about the way planets work

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Xandra, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Thx, hadn't thought of it. But - isn't sweat lootable in space? This should make it a rather bad deal importing it, right?
    Or, maybe an Arkadian version of sweat, obtained with another sweating tool (or, best, with the good old sweating dance ...), "shining sweat" or such?
    This might then be a resource mainly used by them newbies themselves, as mentioned in my prev post: to create cheap and easy to use gear, just above the TT stuff stats wise, maybe with even lower TT, or a special fuel for the newbie vehicles everybody is talking about.

I'd love to have them newbies on Arkadia busy, happy and occupied - excuse the strange example, but we need to keep 'em long enough to swallow the bait ;-))

I'm sorry, but this seems to be the vicious circle. Mining is quite popular on Arkadia, and besides amps there's not much I, as a miner, need from the crafters - my Tk-120 L will last for a looong time still, the small amps I use I usually craft myself, both my extractor and refiner are quite nice unlimited tools ...

Meanwhile I have a hard time getting rid of my ore, may be due to my innate inability to trade, may be due to the strange times I'm playing, usually I sell a bunch to fulfill an order whenever my PED Card starts to cry, and then usually at bad rates.

And when I go hunting, I mostly use my UL (SIB) gear, as soon as it is a little bigger prey. While for small critters, again I craft my swords and carbines myself. :/

Hunting in the area where I'd need to buy L gear is beyond my reach, and even if I'd drop in a serious deposit, the only L sword I'd consider (Mako Lightning 2) is "looted only" yet. And because any MU above 103 - 105% would make this sword a loss from the minute you touch it (due to game mechanics, the MU is on the "ammo" too), it's TT fooder for the looter.

So I'm sitting on close to 5K PED's worth of minerals, don't get them sold sufficiently (as mentioned, my guilt too), but don't really need, because I can quite easily raise the money for my further mining, collecting an even bigger storage value ...

Now this is only my situation, and biased, for sure. Not representative.
    I'm not a ranged hunter, and maybe because of this I don't hunt nearly anymore at all. When, then small critters, birdies, fishies, even punys. They at least have hides that sell well, and that I can use myself.

Would I be a better crafter, I'd try to sell personally a small part of my production to Arkadians, cheaply. And export the bigger part to Calypso, where there's demand and higher possible MU's. Maybe with the help of a trustworthy pilot, to avoid those long boring flights every other week - there are enough that would come to mind.

It seems Arkadia is producing more than is needed on the planet itself, so what's the logical conclusion?

Completely off topic now, I excuse. But does it hurt?

Had some nice ideas while writing this, guess I'll now need to log on and play the game, instead of writing in the forum ;-)

Have a good time, you all, and phat lootz!