1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quadwings+desert=tough to place + rolling

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pretender, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Pretender

Pretender Member

I'm not sure if this is limited to quadwings and/or the desert, but that's where it happens for me. The problem is that it is extremely annoying to place it down, as most places it shows a red X, but in very small parts you can actually place it down. this might be due to uneven terrain, but even in places that are flat, or atleast supposed to be, it will almost never place unless i go looking around for them small areas where i do get a green arrowl.

secondly, whenever i land on a slope my quadwing has the tendency to start rolling backwards, sometimes just once but i've had cases were it will roll backwards a distance of 50 or more.

Anyone else experiencing this? or know of a way that this does not happen?

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I save my quad for space, using a sleipner on planet. Quads need a large flat space for spawning, sleipners a much easier to place.

3. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to spawn QUADs anywhere other than super flat places. The only aircraft that has a small spawn area is the Dragonfly helicopter, which you can spawn in the roughest terrain.
    I have brought up the issue of aircraft spawn areas for over a year with MA, unfortunately they don't seem to want to address this. So my advice is if going to the middle of nowhere, get a Dragonfly or a teleport chip.

4. Pretender

Pretender Member

got a tp chip, but i use my quad mainly for mining to release agro and fly between claims. which tend to be short distances, and it would be overkill to use tp chip. I'll think about getting one of those dragonfly's tho.

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I don't know why people use quads for mining... I can't think of a worse flying vehicle for mining, unless it's a helicopter. Try a sleipnir or a lancer.

6. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Ditto, although I prefer my quad for long flights to my prefered spawns in some places

7. NevadaJake

NevadaJake Member

Can't you just leave it spanned and jump in to fly between claims/break agro? I mainly use my Sleipner to get around. They can be hard to spawn at times too. I didn't realize the Dragonfly Helicopter had a really small spawn area, I may get one now :)