1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Quad Wing Interceptor burned Turbine after logoff

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by unicorn, Feb 11, 2012.

1. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

Mayday, Mayday,

incomming transmission of the archeologists society HQ at celeste harbour.

A high developement of global warming was detected around the place and promtly forwarded.

To my excuse the archeologists still face some lack of information as they accidently called our freshly moved in Quarry Manager Brandon Walker in that matter who directly woke me up in my siesta asking why he is called and exploding that he is not responsible through my communication helmet.

I could calm Mr. Walker down by promising to look into that. =)

When I arrived to my astonishment I was able to detect the reason for the global warming on sight!

A quad wing interceptor of a well known resident was standing lonesome around the place burning oil through the turbine all way into the woods.

The owner of the quad wing interceptor has not been logged inside the EU that time 0.o
    The usage of oil can be seen in the provided pictures below.

View attachment 3401 View attachment 3402

We faced a challeging situation as the spacecraft is not of a type our local most skilled
    vehicle engineers are used to and our resident went off with the keys of the machine.

Under fullest use of our forces we took all actions possible.

The resident took notice via a private message on the forums and hurried over to the place what endet with the resident beeing caught on the pilot seat now and is unable to exit it.

We faced that the quadwing interceptor is still on the ground and also in the inventory of the resident so the systems seem to think noone is inside the spacecraft.

Finally we where able to extract all fuel of the machine what led to a last cough up of the turbine which is now turned off.

The resident saved alot of fuel this way and after messaging the support department he logged off waiting for a final solution.

The quad wing interceptor is now parked aside the harbours teleporter and the turbines are turned off due to the empty fueltank.

View attachment 3403

To not cause any further missunderstandings Commodore Harvir and the Facility Manager are informed to avoid any military actions caused by a foreign planets spacecraft standing lonesome around.

We kindly ask all colonists to report any similar incidents.

unicorn out!

2. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Hey Silvia,

I absolutely love reading your story-related bug reports. Keep up the wonderful work!

However, I must ask you to please take a look at Rule 2e of our Forum Rules here (also found under the "Useful Links" dropdown at the top of any forum page.

I have removed the pictures so that nobody specifically is "named and shamed" for what happened. Feel free to upload them again if you're able to edit them so that they don't mention anyone specifically. :)

Tim

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The wording was a little confusing, so could you clarify... are you saying that someone was stuck in their quad and could not get out of the quad, and couldn't log out of EU? Or was their quad running while they were offline and the quad failed to be recalled to planet storage?

Forcing a log-out is easy... you just go to window mode and close the window or quit the application in the task manager. You could even unplug your internet, that would force a logout.

4. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I've also heard of players not being able to pick it up and logged off for like an hour.. only to see the quad recalled to storage on the planet they started on. He flew from Calypso to Arkadia, couldn't pick up the quad, logged out, logged back in, couldn't find it anywhere, checked website and it said it was in storage on Calypso.

Also, Tim, I don't think she was intentionally naming in order to shame, but rather posting pictures to demonstrate the problem.

From the sounds of it, though, the player logged off and the quad was still in "active" mode burning fuel. So after a PM on the forum this player logged in, got in, and was then unable to exit. Through some more trial and error the player was able to get out and extract fuel (so as to save it from being used up), sent in a support case, and is logged off now until something gets taken care of.

I don't see how this report would be "shaming" anyone, personally. It's a bug. Nothing to be embarrassed about, imo. Could you perhaps clarify your reasoning?

5. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

ye the quad wont recall to the storage.
    neither automatically nor with the ingame function to do it.

it was picked up by the owner and put inside his inventory but also kept staying active in world burning oil.

so i called him on the fori that i see his quad burning away the oil.

we tried all possible functions to do something.

i can even enter the gunner seat from outside and exit again.

just the owner is stuck on the pilot seat. he cant change seats inside. (he picked it up officially that could be why)
    relogging wont work, he is spawned inside the vehicle.

pushing "T" dont help also he is revived inside the vehicle... like with the space bug when people kept reviveing in space at the last vehicle location.

so maybe the well known "space bug" is no space bug but more a vehicle problem?

6. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hi all,

Just logged in after a some sleep. Am still stuck. Vehicle is in my inventory and also on the ground. I cant exit the vehicle because I am not in it. But I cant equip anything because I am in a vehicle. THinking of changeing my avatar name to schroedinger. PIcking up vehicle is not an option. TP to revival does nothing.

Support have replied to my ticked overnight but sofar they are just clarifying their understanding. Meanwhile I am stuck. :(

Just on the name and shame rule: Seriously? Stupid rule anyway.

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Schroedinger! ROFLMAO

As for the N&S ruling here, I'll talk to Tim and clarify it with him.

8. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

OK, I think I've got the idea... I actually saw your quad there, but didn't know anything was wrong.

Mindark has implied before that people get stuck in space because of a problem with some vehicles, maybe it's related.

9. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

lol Schroedinger! Kikki would be a nice name for a cat :)

KJ: regarding the name and shame , I didn't think unicorn was "shaming" you. It was more that you had suddenly become the focus of a thread, and you may not have liked that. My understanding of the rules is that it was there to help prevent that situation.

After discussion with other mods, however, we agree it's best to leave a situation like this for someone to actually have an issue with being the subject of a thread, and THEN help them out if necessary.

Sorry for any confusion.

10. KikkiJikki

The good news is I can still pogo.
    You cant stop the music...

11. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Saw you sitting there in it last night Kikki (or your ghost lol), hope they can sort you soon. Many many times in the past years we had bugs that caused 'ghost' avatars to be left logged in when you weren't (freaking out friends who could get no response from that avatar for hours, and freaking you out to hear you had been online and unresponsive when you actually were offline), or even 'twin' avatars when you were online, your twin still at the last tp you left from while you were actually somewhere else doing something else (and still reading the chat from the area where your twin was). The main difference I see here is that you appear at least to be able to log back ingame, something we couldn't always do before, instead getting the 'avatar already logged in' message, which was always alarming. Something tells me this is related, maybe it's on the vehicles as well as avatars these days? Next time we hear of motherships and quads in space with 'stuck' avatars who can't move, revive, or even log in if offline, might be interesting to note if they show up as online on fl while they actually aren't.

12. KikkiJikki

Still stuck after a day and a half. Just the initial contact from support so far. So my weekend is over. Have not been able to play with my new gun. Have not been able to craft and refill my shop. Missed out on an auction that finished in the meanwhile. Makes me sad. Had to resort to cleaning house to fill the empty hours ffs!

Yes I think its related to the space bug(s), as it started after problems landing on the planet at the end of a trip from Caly. I think the bugs ate the wiring.

13. SpiritGh0st

SpiritGh0st Member

Heya,

I saw your quad still sitting there today again. Wish MA would work around your bug faster, probably slow because of the weekend :/. Would be nice if they had an IRC channel for urgent bugs.

Best of luck man, and keep up that pogoing! :D

14. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Pogo? POGO!

Where? Yeah, where to pogo? Maybe here as an alternative, without elephants? Don't they rock the house?

Well, too german I bet. Lazy audience, especially the right side elephant. Guess they can do better?

Anyway, a classic, enjoy meanwhile. Huh, this not-german audience is even more sleepy - Oh temporae, oh mores ...
    But I've drunk quite some beers with the band, so I had to bring this authentic, bad quality clip, excuse plz. It gives you an idea how this was, back then.

Never forget the fathers of advanced pogo, Dead Kennedies - hear this, can you really sit quietly hearing, and resist to get the young polished bankster over there by the necktie, and throw it all over the place?

For the more advanced pogo'ists among us there's a cool cover version of the DK's: "Problems with the other sex". Imagine to use this to start a quite smooth, elegant pogo in your nice high-class neighborhood disco with your friends - a safe ticket for a life-time ban ;-)))

For the more puristic ones one more link. Love your govt!

Sisters of Mercy, Cure (and no, this is not racism!), Clash (here a great cover) shouldn't be left remaindered.

What's left? Ah, this one! And that ...

Completely off-topic? You're right! Not my fault, did I say "pogo" initially?

*Washing my hands in innocence*
    I'll face the consequences, I'll accept the sanctions, but I have learned one thing, at least.

Have a good time, punks!

15. KikkiJikki

Can't believe I am still stuck. So frustrating...

16. Snape

That's really getting ridiculous now.

17. KikkiJikki

Whimper. My life. So. Empty.

The thing that annoys me about this whole issue is the lack of engagement from a MA support. I had one response to the support ticket within the first 2 hours to check if if I truly ruly did have a problem. No contact from anyone in MA since then. I don't even know if anyone has looked at the issue since the first contact. I expect people who have needed to log support requests in the past will be familiar with this flavour of customer service.

Meanwhile I am not decaying armour or weapons. I'm not buying ammo. I'm not crafting or buying ores/enmatter. Is it so difficult to remove the extra quad from the game and place my avatar at an abitrary revive point?

18. Evil Aeon

Evil Aeon Member

Wow , now you can stuck in vehicle , awesome.Maybe soon you will be able to get stuck in Depo Center.

19. KikkiJikki

Finally I'm free! Big thanks to Cyrus for agreeing to get involved.

I have lots of crafting to catch up on. Will get started it on it tonight after work so hopefully shop will be fully restocked by tomorrow.

20. Snape

Great to hear, awesome work Cyrus!