1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A compilation for New Players on Planet Arkadia

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by Daenerys, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

Hey there :)
    With Cyrus' blessing I'd like to open a collection point for all the little questions everyone (not only newbies) might have.
    This will give newer players such as myself a place to go when having a question and it will prevent the forum from slowly being filled with single-page threads such as "Where is Celeste Harbour?" or "How do you raise the quality rating of BPs?" etc. Any simple question can be asked here.

Of course, it is up to the rest of the community to answer it. It'll be a simple but effective chain of ask-answer-ask-answer-...
    Spread the knowledge! Make Arkadia the best place to start out on.

- - - - - - - - - -

I'll start with something I've been wondering about for a bit now:
    Do you gain more skillups for healing others compared to just healing yourself?
    Trying to bring up paramedic and it'd be great to know this ;)

Cheers

2. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Well I guess the Q&A should more be pointed towards Arkadia stuff rather then MA systems =)

But here are some questions

1. When will estates come ?
    2. Will mobs with lvl 12till 23 come more their is a gap.
    3. When does treasure hunting come (maybe you guys got a date from MA)
    4. Are you going to promote the planet in USA and Europe too ?

3. Chiba

Chiba Member

As far as I have noticed when running my fap service, it does not give a bigger skill gain.. the difference tho is that when running a fap service, you gain First Aid skills for free if the client pays your decay :)

4. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

I think you didn't understand.. this is not a Q&A for David or other people on the Arkadia team. It's for people to ask a simple question and get a simple answer from other players. Be it about Arkadia or EU in general.

@Chiba

Thanks, I've been offering free healing recently cause I just want to skill up with SIB faps. But knowing that I might as well stand in front of a mob and get some defensive skills while I'm at it, too :)

5. nutrageti

nutrageti Member

Any unL items (weapons, faps) planned? the unL bp with unL furniture was a nice add :)

6. Corey "Greyfox"

Corey "Greyfox" Member

Okay I misunderstood;
    going to leave my questions up anyway.

Okay something I am wondering a lot about. Why is all the new armour/guns limited. Seems like this is a trend on all the planets. Are the days of UL gone?(Not talking about UL versions of L)

Also I have heard that MA and PP split decay 50/50 but only for players that started on that planet. I have also heard that those of us who started on Calypso when it was the only option share decay with the planet we are on. Can you enlighten us to how this works? Seems Arkadia would be getting screwed by Calypso with a lot of players swearing to never return to Calypso or to spend the majority of their time here.

Also, the Arkadia armour makes my avatar look fat, any plans to add a workout centre to Arkadia! :) <-----(okay that's a joke)

7. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

I remember people healing out at the old Swamp Camp..and I believe for skilling,but never anyone pay for decay?..Is this new?..Thanks!

8. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Woops my bad ..

okay new question

1. Where to get a new set of brains :)

9. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Well euh L furniture is kinda pointless ? it just sits there and does nothing =). The UL bps I hope will drop for weapons too as main crafter and start crafting cheeper guns then.

10. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Running a fap service for hire is not new, but it is different than those who heal at newcomer areas for free, I think we will see the same kind of thing on Arkadia once clear cut sweating areas are formed, and around the three main academies as well for the beginning hunters.

11. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

About income distribution:
    I am not sure if we talk about decay only. however the income is split like this:

User registers for Planet A. Plays on Planet A. Income split: 50% MA, 50% owner of Planet A.
    User registers for Planet A. Moves to Planet B. Income split: 50% MA, 25% owner of Planet A, 25% owner of Planet B.

So Arkadia does not get ripped of or so. In fact they get 25% income from me, because they offer a planet that is (for me) better than Claypso. Calypso brought me into the game, without them, Arkadia wouldn't get any PEDs from me at all.

So this is the only fair solution imo.

12. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

I believe you're looking at this all wrong...the planets are more like land areas...anything you do on one planet is 50% to PP and 50% to MA...changing planets would not break down percentages like that...it would be ridiculous...

13. Calin

Calin Member

The planet you start on always gets a cut. I started on Calypso, so they will always get part of what I put in. I'm on Arkadia now. Whether that cut that Calypso gets comes from the MA part, the Arkadia part or both I don't know. I'm assuming that Arkadia doesn't get 50% from me. I'm assuming MA always gets their 50%.

14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Um, we seem to be a little off topic from the thread purpose as stated by OP and as indicated by thread title.

15. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

well done Daenerys. What i might do is start a new clean thread with just the Q&A once this thread has developed a decent list of them. That way this list can continue as the general discussion area for Q&A and the other will be nice and clean and both will be credited to you.

People try to keep this on topic as well so we all stand a chance of finding the Q&A's amongst all the convo.

16. Daenerys

Daenerys Member

It's gone a little astray yep :D
    I reckon there's an interest in both kind of posts, though a Q&A for the Arkadia team would firstly need the approval of David or someone. If no one is going to answer them then there is little point if having a thread, but judging by how well they interacted with us so far I have no doubt they answer what they can.

In any case we can go about this any way you'd like. Cyrus changed the title a bit already but maybe you want to turn this into the "Ask the Arkadia Team - Q&A" post? Seems most people understood it like that anyhow :)