1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVP only mineral ores

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Ryloth, May 21, 2014.

1. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

What exactly are the PVP only mineral ores? I was studying LBML and was enamoured by the rares with MU in the icy NW zone. Looks like pyrite only drops in the PVP area though? Anything else that is pvp only? Would greatly affect whether I wanted to mine there or not.

2. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

I think some areas around 8 coins if your skilled enough you might get pyrite although I am sure Greenlife mining can confirm

3. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

Thanks for the quick response, but it prompted another related question.

My first question was whether there are ores that are only found in PVP zones. The second question then is specific for Little Big Mining Log and the ores it lists for the NW, icy zone with the large PVP region. Which ores listed for that entire zone are only found in the PVP ring, does anyone know and willing to share? As I look at the ores list that zone looks tempting...but only if the low percentage high MU ores can be found outside of PVP. Otherwise it is a pile of crap outside of PVP, which I have found it to be so far. :p

4. ruskea

ruskea Member

pyrite is only ore in NW area that u can only find in pvp area.. theres also gold but im quite sure ive found it outside the pvp area also when running close to the pvp area... but gold is way more common inside pvp than outside (checked my own list and yea it says gold can be found outside the pvp area).. and from enmatter fire root u can only find inside the pvp area

5. ruskea

ruskea Member

to find pyrite doesnt rly need any skills and im quite sure u cant get pyrite from anywhere else than lootable pvp.. dunno about rocktopia tho

6. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

PvP specific ores are Pyrite and Himi
    PvP specific enMatter are Fire root and Blood moss
    Every other ore listed on LBML can be found outside the zone, not 100% sure about enMatter but that should be the case as well.

However, be aware that something changed with the 14.7 update in the arctic outside PvP. I've been getting lots and lots of lyst, whereas before it was practically nonexistent (using F-105). I'm guessing it's not only me since Lyst's percentage on LBML is rising quickly. Good for the missions, not so good if you want to mine something else. I do wonder if this is intentional or some kind of bug.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

You used to be able to find fire root in various places on ark before we had the lootable zone, but now it's only in the lootable zone. Pyrite is only in the lootable zone. Gold can be found throughout the arctic region. Himi is not present in the Ark lootable zone.

The lyst you're seeing in Arctic may be an artifact of the system withholding wenrex or perhaps niks.

8. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Possible, but more like Niks AND Cald for me then :D Currently I'm getting ~80% of my haul in Lyst.

9. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

Thanks for all of the quick feedback, much appreciated! I'll take all of the help I can get, heh.

I am using my ark TT rookie finder but am finding mostly Lysterium as well. Kind of shocked me when I first got it; I was suspecting LBML stats were from "big miners" always going deep or something and my little rookie finder was generating crap. Glad to see it isn't just me then. :) When I'm not hitting Lyst it is usually Cald in this zone, but I have a very small sample size for that statement. :p

Neil, I was hoping Wenrex would still be able to pop, the depth is rather shallow if I recall (can't check LBML from this computer). I'm still learning the mechanics but was hopeful that for the MU ores that have shallow depth I could hit one on a rare occasion. I have been able to hit other good ores in other places; lidacon, narc, niks, to name a few.