1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulsar 8 (L) Armor Plate VS Mark.5b UL Armor Plate

Discussion in 'Armour' started by Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey Active Member

GRUDGE MATCH
    Pulsar 8 VS Mark.5b

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 600, align: center"]

[TD="align: center"][/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]Pulsar 8 (L)[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]Mark.5b UL[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]TT Value[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]45 ped[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]31.10 ped[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]MU % and ped value[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]108.89% <49 ped> = 4 ped MU[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]TT+35.63 ped <day> = 66.73 ped[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]Protection[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]11 IMP, 19 CUT, 6 STAB =36 overall[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]12 IMP, 9 CUT, 8 STAB = 29 overall[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]Durability[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]<14000>[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]<900>[/TD]

[TD="align: center"]Decay Value*[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]<.03639 ped>[/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]<.03513 ped>[/TD]
    [/TABLE]

*The decay test was done with Settler Armor on Calypso, at the oil rig VS Atrox Prowler. Both were hits in the Thigh Guard, for the same value .01138 ped decay on the armor, plus the decay listed for the Armor Plate.

Draw your own conclusions... With the difference in Durability, and the drop in protection as UL plates decay... I would say Pulsar 8 wins.

** I lost the fight with the forum spacing allowance, sorry for all of the dots ;)
    -Fixed By Snape, Thank You :cool:-

*** I should also point out this info was also posted on PlanetCalypsoForum.com :
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...r-8-(L)-Armor-Plate-VS-Mark-5b-UL-Armor-Plate

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Good stuff Jarrdhead. Thanks for the stats. Love the Pulsar 8 myself.

3. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Chuck those decay figures seem a bit screwy to me. Settler will offer 2.5 points protection from an atrox prowler for 0.139071858 pec.
    Both the plates will offer max protection against prowlers cos they do minimum 92 damage. P8 decay should be 2.640041315 pec. 5B decay should be 2.514385809 pec. Not really understanding how your results are achievable. My calculations are taken from a spreadsheet I have set up using the info at http://www.entropedia.info/Page.aspx?page=Armor+Decay

But as they are offering different protection the decay comparison is hard to evaluate anyway. Another way of looking at it would be to compare decay for the same amount of protection. Max protection for 5b is 29 pts at a cost of 2.514385809 pec. The same amount of protection on P8 costs 1.995007908 pec before MU. If we factor in your estimated MU of 108.89% then that ends up costing 2.172364111 pec
    [TABLE="width: 64"]

[TD="width: 64, align: right"][/TD]
    [/TABLE]
    Regards,
    KikkiJikki

4. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

*The decay test was done with Settler Armor on Calypso, at the oil rig VS Atrox Prowler. Both were hits in the Thigh Guard, for the same value .01138 ped decay on the armor, plus the decay listed for the Armor Plate.

I had added the last underlined part in an edit....

I had equiped the armor, took 1 hit from the Atrox with min health, so a second hit would not be possible. I had completed the fruit test with sweat. Both shots on the same piece of armor had the same decay value of .01138 ped <measured with sweat>. Each of the plate decays was posted <measured with sweat>.

I guess I could have done the test with an armor with no Cut, Imp, Stab protection... Since the hit was on the same piece of armor type, and had the same value of decay, it was a good control for the experiment. The difference in the decay for the Armor Plates was the Variable I was looking for.

5. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

KikkiJikki, a little offtopic quesion:
    How can you measure the value of decay exceeding 5 decimal places? As far as I know, all the numbers less than 0.00001 PED will be rounded in the game (all values of items, transfers from Shop, Shopkeeper measuring or fruit test cannot give a more precision)

6. KikkiJikki

Hi Gewitter, that's the calculated value from the equations in the Entropedia link I provided. I am confident that those functions are correct based on my own tests but I expect that actual decay is rounded up or down to less significant digits.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

7. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Ahh, understood, thank you for explanation! But I do not trust in the formulas from Entropedia, too many data from Entropedia is wrong :(

8. KikkiJikki

The armour decay formulae are entirely consistent with my results in doing damage and decay tests for various mobs. So I think those ones are reliable.

and on topic: Pulsar 8 are great! Buy them folks.

9. Chuck Jarrdhead Wholrey

10. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I love my pulsar 8's I craft them myself for my own hunting :D