1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protection vs decay on L and UL armor plates

Discussion in 'Armour' started by Neil, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Has anyone tested whether L and UL armor plates behave like L and UL armor in regard to protection vs decayed TT value? My feeling is that they will protect at maximum no matter their TT value, but it's only a feeling, I haven't tested it.

The background for those who don't know: UL armor protects at 100% of its stats at full TT value, and the protection goes down as TT value gets used up. L armor protects at 100% no matter what its TT value is.

UL armor decays when you put it on, and L armor does not, but UL plates do not decay when attached or put on, behaving more like L armor. Or at least they don't decay visibly after several equip cycles. That much I do know.

Basically, I want to know if I should repair my UL armor plates before every hunt like I do with UL armor... or leave them low TT and have more money to spend on ammo.

+rep for anyone who's tested this :)

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I have never tested it but i assume it works the same. But if you are choosing between repairing your armor (plates) and spending your peds on amps you should consider hunting something that doesn't need armor plates :)

3. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I just leave my plates attached so they get repaired with the rest of the armor. Unlimited plates do lose protection as the TT value goes down.. Same as UL armor. However, it's like attaching a scope or amp to a gun -- it doesn't decay when attached and the equip decay only goes on the base armor, not the plates.

I've never used L plates, but the rest I know for a fact through experience. But I'd guess (almost 99.9% sure) that it works the exact same way as the L base armor.

4. Neil

Anyone actually done tests to confirm that they do indeed lose protection? I've been using some really low TT plates and I just haven't seen poor protection from them... but I haven't done any scientific tests either. And I can't test right now because I accidentally just repaired all my plates. :)

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

What'd I just say? :p When I was on Calypso (before Arkadia came out) I would go sweating and ended up getting my Goblin down less than half. I couldn't afford to repair the 2A plates AND the armor, so I repaired just the armor and put the plates back on it. It was better, but not as good as with fully repaired plates.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Neil

OK, thanks, I missed the part where you said you had experienced the difference yourself. I don't have any L plates yet, but I agree it would be pretty lame if they did not protect 100% all the way down, so... they almost certainly do.