1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prices of Basic Leather Extractors

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by zume, Oct 19, 2011.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Oboy, that never happened. Please dont make stuff up.

I asked ur price and it wasnt good enuff so I took my esi to Caly with me. I generally sell esi on Caly cos the MU there is better. More people want to fill them with skills to sell. I have never sold an esi on Arkadia.

This is a discussion about extractor pricing on Arkadia. It doesnt help the discussion at all for you to personally attack anyone who presents a view you disagree with.

Now if you have something relevant to the topic...

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

2. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

This is a good deffinition of a trader and reseller.
    Some does not seem to understand the diffrance between the two unfortunatly beacause they are not easy to define and share simular aspects so they tend to be lumped together or thought of as one and the same :)

Lol I had such a good laught a few min ago over this my tummy hurts and my jaw is numb:D

3. Oboy

Oboy Active Member

That did happen, You where spamming for a long time, Eventually I asked you a price. You and your GF I talked to a lot up until that day.... Yeah I don't think you should lie about that. Its better to just admit when things happen and you know it did.

The reason its relevant to this thread is on 1 hand you say people making profits are bad, Yet to make a few ped yourself you are willing to go against your word after we agreed to a price. I like your elaborate story though, maybe you should think back a little harder to THIS transaction that you and I made. "Better luck next time." I don't forget when people do me dirty...

4. Snuggins

Snuggins Member

ITT: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

5. Fopsie

Hay here's an idea you 2. Take it to PM or provide proof otherwise its just unfounded flaming.

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Oboy, I think you need to cool down a bit. No one is villainizing traders. Well... I suppose there are a few people on this forum who believe miners and hunters should always sell directly to crafters, who should sell directly back to them directly. But that can be impractical. Of course we need traders, no one here is debating that. The issue is whether it's a good trading practice to buy up all extractors on multiple planets, then sell them exclusively on one planet for 10x what you paid for them. You may say it's fine, but I still think that many people, given a choice of who to do business with, will choose the traders that take a modest profit rather than the scalpers.

And about all planet partners advertising EU as a way to "make a fortune", I believe you're wrong about that. Planet Arkadia, to my knowledge, is not advertised that way. I have seen some of the other planets advertised that way, and IMO, it's really dishonest advertising. But for Arkadia, all I've seen is along the lines of "free to download and create your avatar" and "REAL CASH ECONOMY -- Deposit, manufacture, trade with other players, withdraw profits. Be a virtual entrepreneur!".

The term "reselling" is vague. It can refer to the beneficial act of buying from one person and delivering to another person (in other words, providing the helpful service of connecting buyer and seller), what we'd call "trading". But "reselling" is also often used to describe rather greedy and economically-detrimental acts like buying up limited stocks of fairly-priced items (or cheaply-priced items) from auction then turning right around and listing them for higher prices on the same auction house. That kind of reselling benefits no one except the reseller, it hurts the economy, and other traders will notice this practice and the reputation of "profiteer" is going to stand in the way of future business opportunities. People want to trade with those who will be fair and equitable to all parties involved.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KikkiJikki

Oboy, I'm sorry but I think you have me confused with someone else. For a start I dont have a girlfriend or a partner, let alone one who plays EU. Secondly I have not advertised my esi in game chat. I did ask you your price once when you were looking to buy esis at Sanctuary Cove. I chose not to sell to u because I could get a better price on Caly.

In anycase I am not interested in arguing with you. You are trying to make this personal and I simply wont go there. I say again, if you have something to discuss with regard to pricing of leather extractors then by all means post about that. Other wise I'm not really interested.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fopsie

+Rep for putting it in words

9. KikkiJikki

10. Oboy

Oboy Active Member

This I will agree with. And Yes I am a TRADER. But, on occasions, as in this case many may consider me whatever they want. Here are the facts for those who want to blame greed and everything else wrong in the world on me.

*I bought a limited amount* I could have bought them all. I didn't. I had 25k generic leathers and was hoping to get more so I bought 30k basic leather extractors and 10k basic stone. You know when I bought them? 4 weeks ago when it was supposed to launch THE FIRST TIME!

Anyone of you complaining about the price has had the chance to buy them yourself for the past 3 weeks as its been delayed. Theres been 100k's up since. Im smart enough to know the value would sky rocket at launch. It tried to when it was suppose to launch the first 2 times.. All it takes is a perceptive trader to figure that out... Okay so now that we established I wasn't the one buying all the supply lets talk about why I sold them.

I ran out of leather! Darn... so what was I to do with the other 15k or so I had left, thought about placing 1000 up a a rediculous price because hey, NONE where listed. And you know what... they sold As well as all the others who priced under me, since we know how that really rev's them up and gets the resellers to break down and sell to them! as someone suggested a few posts ago.

I grinded the whole day and got 2 lousy bps, If it wasn't for the fact I was able to profit on some of my extractors it would have been a largely negative day in terms of tt for myself. (but who cares right? I dont play this game too or anything :) ) MA and ARK need people like me and the ones willing to grind for a whole day and take the losses.. We pay for the game to advance, not the people who don't decay and complain complain, you don't further the agenda at all.

MA needs people to use space and to visit multiple planets so they get there landing fees. so they created a need to fly back and fourth and risk your FULL inventory to do so... And you know what, So sue me im smart enough to bring my materials over weeks in advance.. you haters call it profiteering, I call it being smart. Some of you should try it sometime!

11. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I also want to add that people do need to realize that it costs peds (transport costs and risk) to transport stackables like extractors through space, so until basic leather extractors start dropping on Arkadia, the prices will naturally be higher than on Calypso. Not 5 or 10x higher, though. The magic number seems to be around 10%. If a stackable item has more than a 10% price difference on two planets, traders will transport it from the low planet to the high planet. So, we should all expect to pay at least 10% more than Caly MV for BLE's from calypso (assuming demand is the same on both planets).

12. Oboy

Oboy Active Member

I dont want to delete things so people take anything out of context, after some pms maybe im wrong about Kikki and the issue involving the ESI. Maybe an imposter, maybe it wasn't even close. I dont know.

my appologies.

13. KikkiJikki

Thanks Oboy. Would +rep u but am not allowed to yet. Also I appreciate the points you made in your previous post but I am a little to tired to provide a rational response.

Need to get some sleep now but I'll look for this discussion when I get up tomorrow.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki