1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price of a Golden Key?

Discussion in 'Price Check' started by Few Scars, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I see a few people doing Golden Instance runs, what are the keys worth?

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Do you mean how much do the keys cost to make? Or how much are the keys worth?

I don't know how much the keys are really worth in terms of loot, since that depends on your luck when running the instance. But at current component markups, it would cost anywhere from TT+4k to TT+16k to produce a key, depending on how many clicks it takes to get a success.

3. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Wow, 4-16Kped to produce a Key! Ark team need to ensure plenty of Dark knight of Arkadia armour drops to make it worth while!

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yes... these prices were set by the Gold Rush competition (where one key gave an automatic 10k ped reward). Due to the psychological persistency of market values, sellers are asking roughly the same amounts as during the competition. And some players are buying them for that... where there is money to gamble, players will gamble it no matter what the odds are.

Personally, I'll be waiting to collect parts for significantly less before I click my bp, especially now that Svena has run a second golden key instance that was a dud.