1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price Check for Arkadian Bar at Celeste Harbour

Discussion in 'Estates' started by GeorgeSkywalker, Apr 4, 2012.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Consider this hypothetical situation (made up situation). Say Cyrus places the bar in Celeste Harbour on auction. We don't get any extra information about it i.e. all the information about it is all that we have now before it's placed on auction.

Question is how much do you think it will sell for?

Note once again this is an imaginary situation. The bar is NOT in auction.

2. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

Is this imaginary bar like shop or like appartment? Can you sell items there and how many item points. Price will reflect that a lot.
    The price can range from 1k ped to 20k ped and even more if it is like shop with a lot of item points.

3. Fiasco V

Fiasco V Member

I read somewhere that any hypothetical object has an exact value equal to 1 Egg.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

It's not an imaginary bar. There is a bar in celeste harbour. However at the moment it's just a bar decoration type thing. I'm saying what if that same bar was placed in auction.

Say for our purposes when we see the deed we know the following:
    - It's like a shop. So items can be placed and sold in it.
    - Say it has 500 item points.

5. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

George, now you shoot at your first post :).
    First post was: "bar as it is now" => no shop.
    I would assume it has 150 item points (anything above this will screw the frame rate totally), means you can place some nice decoration and some shopkeepers. From a pure business aspect: 10 to 20k. From a "I own the only bar on the planet aspect" 2-3k.

So I imagine it would sell for 12 to 23k. I personally would not pay 20k for it, as I get 2 shops for the same price on Ark = double the item points.

6. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Incorrect. Read first post again. The first post didn't say if it was a shop or not. After Axemurder's question this was clarified.

There is nothing to assume :)

You have to imagine it has 500 item points. Nothing more and nothing less.

7. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

I imagine you are crazy enough to pay 28.642 peds for it. :p

8. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Selling it as is in a shop formation wouldnt hold much value over what was paid for normal shops just sold. Item points of 500 is rediculessly high compared to the rest of shops and simply wont go.

BUT..
    If there were to be a change in the game where drinks would be served like a real bar / club giving a social aspect to it like CND USED to have that changes the entire landscape.

If not its simply a standard shop that will lag out the area and piss too many people off and force them to be somewhere else to hang out.

9. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Best answer!
    :D

Tippin'

10. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

It all depends on the function of the bar. As a cool looking 120 item point shop I'd say around 12-15k. I gather u have asked Cyrus to consider it?

11. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Lol George. Might be worth updating the OP to add the details we now know about the hypothetical bar-shop with 500 item points.

Amazing answer. Love it.

Ok, I'll play ball. [Southern Fortress Engineering hat on]

If that did go for sale, the mind boggles...

It would be the first opportunity I've seen to make available the entire range of armour and plates that we sell (which we currently have to split across multiple shops). That would have value.

As a prime location, and a location that's likely to see a gradual increase of foot traffic as Arkadia's population grows over time, I reckon it would be a great opportunity for a committed business owner.

How much it would be worth? It would be unique enough that a figure is difficult to imagine. I mean, we've bought and sold and rented shops over the last 6 years, so I have an idea of figures, but I don't know where in those figures I would place this estate.

at LEAST 50k ped. Probably over 100k ped. At the price Planet Calypso sells item points for (100 ped per point), it's 50,000 ped just there.

I'd want a fair bit of space around it though, to put shopkeepers, in order to utilise all those item points.

[Southern Fortress Engineering hat off]

If you went the other way and rented out shopkeepers to other people at let's say 40-50 ped a month (rough gut feel figure, have never done this personally) per shopkeeper (a shopkeeper taking up 6 item points), then using 50 ped as the figure you'd be generating income of ~4,150 ped a month plus sales tax of 2.5% of MU on items sold. So with annual income of about 50k ped, I suppose that would put its value in the 150k - 300k ped mark.

Lol, who knows, who knows.

12. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Tim, 300k? That's in the vicinty of cost of a land area. Heck isnt that what all of medusa went for?

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Banned

Nope not asked Cyrus. My purpose for this thread is different from what you may expect. I am the owner of the only 2 player owned bars in game. Both are on RT and both have 500 item points each.

If I was Cyrus I would not auction the bar until it is fully operational. So players can actually gauge it's true value. That's indeed if it will function as a bar which we don't know but can only speculate at this moment in time.

14. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

my nearest guess would be way more then I would be willing to pay :p

15. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

Yeah I know :S

But what do you think is the value of something that can give you 50k a year in income? Land areas don't have 500 saleable item points.