1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-VU Interview with David Dobson Live on AHR!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by zume, Aug 9, 2012.

1. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Keep an eye on this thread: http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?3782-Dobson-Interview-Hosting

I'll post a link as soon as Zume gets me the cleaned up file and I get it uploaded. :)

That will be followed by an update to Entropia Tools (link in sig) to add the new interview for listening.

2. rick_janson

Also:
    • [2:34:19 PM] Zume: well we learned that intances will prolly be worth doing.. less items, more stackables in loot (which is in the end like beacons) .. 6 new instance mobs.. there will be terminals in the beginning of the instance.. we will get something called Ark Coins in the loot.. acts like mission tokens..
    • instance will be all new mobs, no current mobs will exist.
    • instances will be a look at Arkadia before the Oratan, so the Arkadian civilization
    • current game mechanics (platform-based) require teams to run instances, but you can run it solo as long as you are in a team.
    • will take about 30 minutes to complete
    • clothing is going through a review in anticipation of MindArk's avatar update
    • more creatures are going through a makeover
    • wave spawns next update (a new "epic" mob being worked on for it)
    • more music coming
    • new PVP ring to be put in somewhere less "busy" than Celeste Harbour
    • instance doors will be under the ground (but not the Underground)
    • 11 doors (11th door is a mystery) for levels 1-10, each associated with its own key
    • Ubo 1-1.5m high
    • instance area will have its own teleporter in the desert area (if I remember correctly)
    • the brokers for the coins will be in the supply depot (no teleporter to be added)
    • Ambient sounds/waterfall sounds forthcoming (either this update or next)

If I've missed anything important, feel free to add.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

Thanks so much Rick really appreciate that. Great info really love the direction Arkadia is going. Dont know how i'll ever bring myself to leaving even for short vacation on another planet when you feel like the A-team put so much effort into making us happy. Not saying other PP don't either but just love being on this planet.

4. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

Awesome interview!! I like the fact that the team is working hard on things that matter. Also pushing MA to bring us things like new avatar possitions and dancing. I think with more people on Ark, there will be more things that David and the team can ask for.

Keep up the excellent work!! :D

5. rick_janson

Oh, one other thing I just remembered.. This update (or was it next?) will have sounds for waterfalls and some other ambient sounds.

6. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

Currently waiting for Rick to wake up and notice that im trying to send the file on skype.. Cant be too long now tho.. Patience my friends.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. rick_janson

I got it 10 minutes later.. but I was back and forth with dinner so it took a little extra time. It's been uploaded and link posted. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

wow thanks guys for getting it done so quick

9. rick_janson

It's not a weekend. If it were on Friday (like it usually is) you probably wouldn't have seen it until Sunday/Monday :p

10. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

really nice interview as usual, thanks!

Really sucks i am on vacation next week when the vu comes out :(