1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powersuits

Discussion in 'Armour' started by M Rufen Power, Dec 18, 2010.

1. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

I wanted to ask David or the dev team a few questions about what powersuits could mean for planet arkadia, so in order to continue with the questions have a look at what I will be referring to.

[Links Removed]

So here is what I would like to know about powersuits.

Are they the main armour on Arkadia? I'm guessing the answer would be a yes as most of the concepts revolve around powersuits. But can armours be upgraded using found items? Are powersuits able to attack as well as defence the user? Are there anything else armours could do like be in stealth mode? & many more Q's I can't seem to ask.

One of the things that struck out to me about this type of armour was the simplicity and also its complexity. I'll explain. Something that most people can easily grasp is the fact armours are now classed in levels rather than names. I'll try demonstrate an example.

The simplicity, the powersuits are under one class name like Hardsuit. A generic arkadian type name for armour protection & of course the levels correspond to its protection strenght. So having a Hardsuit ranging from levels 1 to 4 would be easier to understand than on Calypso.

The examples I will use in armours from calypso which double in protection strenght are Warrior, Shogun, Nemesis & Angel so levels 1 to 4 on calypso use different names as well as different colours to associate in PS making it a struggle to grasp at the onset of playing. While on Arkadia it is just the levels, while the names could indicate what it protects against or its uses ie close, firearms etc.

The complexity, from what I can gather the word powersuit implies something more than just armour by definition it means, well it was actually not easy finding the definition of what powersuit means but maybe this qoute should be enough.
    Also thought this quote would be usefull.
    I thought it was compelling that the only game that has the use of a powersuit was the classic game of Metriod & that usually when she lands on an alien planet she would only have the basic gear, usually from being attacked, crash landed or both. She would then have to locate/find/treasure hunt other items to augment her abilities further to getting of the planet.

Finding the similarities here :D? I'm not saying that David copied Metriod I'm just suggesting what these powersuits on Arkadia could mean. In one of the pictures it clearly showed some sort of powercell made of plasma something or other energy as a powersource or to power its main offensive weapon, like a beam on her forehead.

Theme of Arkadia is treasure hunting maybe we collect items to make our armours do more than protect us? The Priss suit looks to me like it would be used for stealth. I think this is where the complexity comes in because if what I say is true then this would give armours more use and a whole new dynamic.

Maybe one powersuit actually has a shield that absorbs multiple damage types or an armour that needs an item only found in the torturous jungle depths to make it stronger/ change in some way or its offensive weapon. Maybe augment the users attributes themselves like added swiftness or speed/ jumping ability and such for short bursts.

The other complex part is the amount of different powersuits & I'm referring to the sizes that they come in. Some human sized some are not & actually seem to be used by the Police or the Military but mainly by the ADP. I could see huge potential in this, imagine fighting a warlock toe to toe lol, you just hopin to your over sized powersuit and you can wrestle with a big mob, now that would be interesting :p.

What is the use of the different sized powersuits or is it only ADP that can use the bigger powersuits?

So if anyone would like to contribute to this thread then please do. But I'am asking this directly to the people involved in making the armours for Arkadia. Give us more detailed explanation of what they do or what we can expect to see.

But otherwise I'm already sold, great work guys :)

~Mark~

2. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Sorry if there has been confusion. I do recognise some of those concept art pieces as belonging to students from Feng Zhu Design School. They are definitely not armour for Planet Arkadia.

We'll release details about armour when the time is right, still some work to do on that front.

3. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

Aww what a pity :(. I guess I'll be waiting then for the update :). Thx 4 the quick replay David.