1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your ideas for Treasure and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Treasure Hunting' started by Few Scars, May 31, 2011.

1. krm398

krm398 Member

Technically, Treasure doesn't need to be anything big or fancy. It can also be thought of as 'salvage' since its stuff left behind that can be picked up and either recycled or reused. I'm against 'super powered stuff' because that's just guys looking for an easy out. Make it stuff we can save/sell or recycle into usable things. Like ancient weapons that aren't usable now but can be recycled into usable resources, maybe some very rare. The other things that can be used but only normal everyday things the Arkadians used for their everyday life, maybe decorative things for apartments, but also weapons/vehicles/armor/specialized scanners for things like enemy scanning. Theres an endless assortment of things that could be called 'treasure' to a new civilization just finding it, and much would be things we have no idea about, since it is something we never saw before, it can be marked 'unknown technology' and sold to archeologists or scientists in the citys for a flat rate, and then days or weeks later new technology appears from their research things like that.

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

How about a Stargate? :)

3. Shoe

Shoe New Member

Ancients artifacts as part of a lottery.."Ancient golden necklace-item 73"
    lets say 100 different artifacts.
    Give the artifact to event guy to take part in the monthly "lottery"..
    The winning artifact changes with the final 2 digits in the latest HOF of the month..
    On the first second of a new month all artifactwinners share "the jackpot"
    Some artifacts are more rare and increase your chance of being the only winner....
    If no winner - bigger jackpot next month..

(probalby this is a lottery and not allowed by some law but it would be cool...)

4. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Maps to secret underground dungeon... instance like beacons :)

5. Light Bug

Light Bug New Member

Ancient L weapons. Alien L upgrades for vehicles. and an Unlimited Invisibility cloak worth 0.01 peds.

6. Klod

Klod Member

In order to integrate the treasures with the economy it could be usefull to add "broken" stuff that could be recycled into a mixture of ingots, refined enmatters, ammo, probes etc.

7. MIND

MIND Member

please let it be free or atleast cheap :D

8. Skywoulfe

Skywoulfe Member

i agree with the Treasure aspect, make it worth something to either a player (crafting, mining, hunting, sweat gathering) ar an NPC (Archeology, Military, or Scientist) for a reward of somekind loot or skills. missions could integrate in to the treasure system, ot it could be TT food.

9. Neil

It won't be. You have to drop 30 probes at a time and my guess is the treasure will be harder to find than ordinary ores and enmats. Add to that the idea of having to collect a number of elements to get a "functioning unit" or mission fulfilled and I think it's pretty likely that you'll need to devote significant Ped resources to a treasure hunting project.

10. Klod

Klod Member

Not allowing amps for treasure seeking would be appreciated by me at least. Wouldnt mind a base increase cost.

Amp system just dont make sense to me.

11. Ur Worst Nightmare

Ur Worst Nightmare Member

the treasure can be stackable decorative ornaments that are materials for new clothes! o_O

EDIT: or even non-stackable decorative items :p that only loot 1 at a time.

12. Sorven

Sorven Member

Personally I'd be interested in finding things that can be pieced together (in a refiner?) to create objects that can tell us more about the history of the planet, museum type stuff would be cool to give some history in game. Little trinkets would be nice as well, perhaps get things put together and have an old Arkadian toy or something like that.

If we did put together stuff that made something almost useful (old technology) it would be cool to use it in a BP to create something that can be attached to our own stuff (to steal and modify another idea: personal shield type plating instead of regular plates maybe, or different damage type weapon amps (cold damage on a gun for example)), but attaching ancient alien technology directly wouldn't make sense to me as we haven't seen any in order to make the ports on the equipment we have. Perhaps even mob specific items, like something that when used would make a particular creature's aggro range less for a set time or something, that way we could actually do some type of stealth missions in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yep, awesome. And I think that's the actual direction A-Team is heading in with Treasure Hunting. :)

14. Neil

Treasure hunting sounds a little expensive just for finding museum artifacts with no function, no?

15. Sorven

Sorven Member

Yeah, but I don't think that would be the only thing. As I've seen, most things aren't worthless, decorations (furniture, paintings, etc) can go for a pretty penny too. :) Just because it's a "museum artifact" doesn't mean it just ends up in a museum, it can be someone's apartment decoration, think of The Egg in its current state. :)

16. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Special Treasure finding quest for the Ark of the Covenent being we are on ARKadia and all, you have to be wearing a rancher hat and carry a whip while searching for it :)

Maybe the Ark once found would unlock some ancient secret about the planet and bring forth a new mob that must be contended with or else it could mean the end to Arkadians, something to keep story line going on Arkadia.

17. nutrageti

nutrageti Member

any news on arrival of this new system?

18. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

I see almost all post in this thread is what ancient things you can find, but can be interesting too what you do when you find the thing.

The most related subject i remember in game is old pet training system. Archeologist must need a tool for examine the thing, a brush, scanner, or other tools. You do click in the thing or attach to tool and have skills in archeology skill. You can unlock levels each item you find, perhaps some items are useful for skilling, but others can discover new things if you reach each level, perhaps at level 1 a text writen in a vase, at level 2 a bp or a map writen in old paper or old stone wall.

Tools have decay, so perhaps if you have more skill you can discover things more quick than noob archeologist.

I cannot thing a more detail system, only some things i think last days.

Greetings.

19. LokiDarkStar

LokiDarkStar New Member

Could be nice to tie in the robots into this, perhaps some recon missions toys, improved scanners, personal cloaking device, or some such...

DS

20. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Robots? Are you still on Calypso or do you mean Oratans?