1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLP-20 Discovery

Discussion in 'Discoveries' started by Gewitter, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Hi all!

After today's awesome Oratan event, i go to Oratan hunt again.
    And second killed Oratan give me this gun!

View attachment 8528

But after measuring decay (in Shopkeeper) the joy is gone.
    I found that this gun has very bad eco - 2.433 (unamped). This is very strange.
    Gun is awesome, SIB at 20 lvl, 40 dps with A104, and if T5 it will be around 59 dps with A106, but eco is close to old very not maxed guns.
    What is wrong with this gun? Is the entire serie has such crappy specification? Or here is mistake in decay?
    When compared to the new series on Сalypso (Like Igny) - looks awful.
    With these parameters, this gun is more suitable as TT food...

• Like Like x 11
  2. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

huh thats oddly low eco I can double check it when I am online next if you like

3. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

4. Kitten

huh weird one then

5. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Hope this is mistake (like PLR-27) and real eco is better than smugglers ;)

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Cant take the advantage away from Caly.. Jan Jr will get a fail complex... simple as that. NO planets will get a fair shake as long as he is running Caly.

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Gewitter, maybe contact Chris to comfirm. The weapon durability is significantly lower than all the other pirons I have seen.

8. Svarog

Svarog Member

Bet it's a decimal error and decay's supposed to be 0.5216

9. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys. This gun is intended to be like this and is not bugged.

Some of the guns is designed for high DPS at low skill requirements at the sacrifice of economy. Overall these weapons actually have better economy when they are maxed then using a similar DPS nonsib weapon at the same skill level.

This weapons design is intended for lower skilled players to be able to do larger team hunts and still contribute decent DPS without the big penalties of using nonsib weapons.

Regards,
    Chris

10. Kitten

thank you for verify >^.^<

11. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Thank you for quick answer, Chris!

But the idea of ​​reduced SIB completely cover weapons like:
    Isis Zero-Three UL (23 lvl SIB), 2.857 eco
    Omegaton Igni L1000 (23 lvl SIB), 2.855 eco
    Difference with PLP-20 is 3 levels only.
    This sacrifice of economy at a level 20 though there we have a weapon that requires level 23, is pointless (in my opinion). If it was a SIB level at 5 or 8, I could understand it, and 20 - I can not, sorry. With such an imbalance, I would lower the level of SIB to 5-10. And at current parameters of gun, overall losses of player using this gun will be more, than ESI-chipping price from level 20 to level 23 (around 500 PED i think).

12. slither

slither Active Member

I like the idea of lowering SIB at the expense of eco, but gewitter is right saying 3 levels isn't much of an advantage. Won't take a heavy hunter long to get those 3 levels and then they have a pointless unlimited weapon. 3 levels might be ok for a Limited weapon but on a U weapon you need a bit more.

Great idea, hopefully MA will allow you to tweak the levels for future drops.

13. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

You miss the point about DPS on these weapons.

Isis Project Zero-Three DPS = 40.6
    Omegaton Igni L1000 DPS = 40.7
    PLP-20 DPS = 48.7

To maintain a balance on the weapon for the reduced skill requirements economy has to be sacrificed. There is no way that these guns can be dropped further in skill requirements and still be balanced with the system.

To give an example of the skill requirements you would require on a SIB weapon with close to the same DPS at a decent eco.
    Herman ASI-27 Arctic (L) DPS 49.4: Min Sib 27 / max 32

[TD="class: IH"][/TD]
    [TD="class: IT"][/TD]
    These weapons are just another option for hunters to use if they quickly want a boost in DPS without using a nonsib weapon that will actually work out worse eco for their skill level.

14. Gewitter

Gewitter Active Member

Chris, maybe, but here is a Effective damage (not absolute dps)...
    Also, I always consider all weapons as a carrier to use the max-powerful high-eco amplifier ;)

DPS, calculated with amp A104 for PLP-20 in weapon compare tool (on Entropedia) will be 40.31 (eco 2.53)
    DPS, calculated with amp A104 in weapon compare tool for Omegaton Igni L1000 will be 38.16 (eco 2.941)
    DPS, calculated with amp Fi/Ra/Co Beast in weapon compare tool for Maddox IV at 25 lvl hit/dmg will be 41.48 (eco 2.358)

What you can kill:

at 300 PED session vs 800 HP mobs (without regeneration): PLP-20 - 3.162 PED per mob (94.87 mobs), Omegaton Igni - 2.72 PED per mob (110,29 mobs), Maddox IV - 3.393 PED per mob (88.41 mobs).
    So, you can see that PLP-20 is closer to UL non-SIB weapons (Omegaton Igni L1000 15.42 mobs difference, Maddox IV - 6.46 mobs difference)
    And the speed of killing will be the same, moreover, on the PLP-20 risk of overdamage will be more than on other weapons due to lower rate of fire and higher damage per shot. Maybe if the eco will be little better (around 2.7 amped), difference can be less visible.

If we take L1000 as a base, for 100 killed 800HP mobs you must pay additional 44 PED on PLP-20 and 67 PED on Maddox IV (level 25 player hit/dmg).

About (L) versions:
    Herman ASI-21 Jungle (L) + Fi/Ra/Co Beast - 42.33 dps (2.909 eco w/o MU), 26 lvl maxed

As a advantage of PLP-20 i can highlight only possibility of tiering, with higher dps rising using damage enhancers, but tiering give us additional less eco. You can easy get a 67.42 dps with Hotfoot 30 at tier 5 with damage enhancers (2.547 eco, w/o damage enhancers cost). This advantage may be used by low-skilled players on events like Halloween/Merry Mayhem for prize winning, with less losses, than with UL non-SIB weapon using (over 10 dps less at T5, 55.97 for Maddox IV, @eco 2.351)

I can also answer to your questions about selling (was 2 offers yesterday ingame): PLP-20 is sold at Calypso Auction yesterday, for TT+4.5K