1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Arkadia dont' make the same mistake.

Discussion in 'Estates' started by James Clayton, May 26, 2011.

1. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

I want an appartment too!! :)

2. krm398

krm398 Member

a daydream of mine

I want to own an outpost, just that and the machines in it..then my 3-5% will be coming in while I mine and people use the manufacturers machines and MA can get paid for the TT's and all the ammo and bombs..lol.:fineprint:

3. M Rufen Power

M Rufen Power Member

Love the idea here malas.
    And it seems Smoerble agrees with me :).

4. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

The problem is there so many abandoned apartments on Calypso it just isnt funny. Before they removed rent, you could find whole floors where the rent wasnt paid since 2005-6...so much for the 750 days termination of accounts. Now we have no idea which apartments are abandoned! For some reason MA isnt bothered about vacant realestate.

Arkadia needs to ensure that if the Arkadian apartments are not used for 750 days then they and all items inside automatically go on auction. We have to avoid the Calypso problem! :facepalm:

5. red

red Member

I disagree.

why should my apartment be taken away from me, if I don't use it within 750 days? that doesn't mean I wasn't online. when they had rent on calypso, I would only periodically open the apartment (by paying the rent for a month) to update what it was holding for me. often, I wouldn't return of over six months.

the calypso "problem", if you like, is empty apartements which have never even been claimed are held by so-called property brokers (resellers) who auction them amongst themselves in a effort profit from an actual buyer who would use it. I fail to see how this situation is avoidable, here, if the properties are release to general auction.

6. Dan59

Dan59 Active Member

Usualy most ppl dont live alone in real life in apartment.
    We miss basic function or possibility - Not only owner shud be able to decorate appartment, put items and pick them.
    With apropriate settings owner shud be able to allow that to another person.

7. Telgard

Telgard Member

6 months is 180 days give or take... He said 750 days. That's a good two years and twenty days right there...

I would also say that real estate returns to Arkadian Properties to be resold at their profit while items in an abandoned home are auctioned off and cycled into the loot pool.

8. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

*Moved to Estates*

9. red

red Member

the length of time is irrelevant. if you wish the property to be returned to the pool if the owning avatar is liquidated for in activity as per the ToU, then that's okay. just because I haven't been there is no reason to take it away from me.

Bear in mind, I do understand the problem with people holding 20 properties they never use. However, that was caused by placing them on general auction and having resellers out bid everyone and then play their little games.

10. Mister Goober

Mister Goober Member

I share the view of Dan 69, at the moment only 1 person can hold the deed to an apartment or property, If MA would introduce a system where deeds could be shared (as in RL) then couples or groups could get together to buy/use/decorate apartments.
    This system may have the advantage of allowing less affluent players purchase property. If this system was expanded to other items/properties it may well be the start of a real stocks/shares system in the entropia universe. Imagine being part of a cooperative that owns motherships or hangers with the contracts(shares) being formalized WITHIN the game system.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Member

I'd like a small property or shop. I wanted one on Calypso but was never too keen on the rent thing. I have stuff I'd like to put in a property but have never had one to do so in... it seems a waste that I don't have one.

Actually tbh I DONT want a shop. I want the ability to use somone elses shop like I can their car or vtol.

Wistrel

12. Fishface

Fishface Adviser Arkadia Adviser

if they limit us to only one apartment, then they need to drastically increase the limit of items in storage. My storage unit is constantly full, as are many of my apartments.

Not everyone uses an apartment for a home. some use it for extra storage.

13. Sitram

Sitram Member

How many of those 600+ items have you used in the past month?

14. Fishface

well i save up my items enough to make a stack for auction. If I dont often loot an advanced gem extractor, it could sit there for years.

15. Sitram

Sitram Member

True that Fishface.

I gather all possible stackables that sell, which means all wools/hides/oils/extractors/paints/tier components/explosives/generic components and I still have around 150 items available in storage.

The only way you would fill over 600 item points is if you hoard every single item you loot.

I had in the past issues with storage getting near full but once I analyzed a bit what stuff I have, I realized a lot of items were not used in more then a year.

It was hard back then to give up the 2 pixie sets(plus other goblin parts), the shogun set, 3 freanD ME pistols from my disciples, 1 pistol looted from merps, the beast amp which I haven't used it in last 5 months and a few other worthless items. Now I don't regret selling or tt'ing them. I freed both ped and storage space.

16. T79x

T79x Adviser Arkadia Adviser

is possible to make Estate pre-launch NPC ?

where you can pre ordered estate
    house / aparman /shop / hangar

so ppl who are interested can pre order what they want
    and Dev team know how many estates they need to prepare

yes one small apartman for me too:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fishface

It depends on your profession. I have many hunting loots, but i also have crafting components, ores, enmats, etc. Not to mention holiday decorations, clothes, and tons and tons of noob armors that i save for giving out either as prizes in events or to new players. It adds up fast. All told, i'm over 1200 items right now in storage :/

18. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Is good that so many people want to have estates in EU. That means that some of them will end up paying to have one.
    Since we have pitbulls, storage space should not be a problem anymore. Need more storage? buy one more pitbull.
    As for apartments... I will never understand why anyone would need one, but if they do, I don't mind if they pay for it.

19. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

That's not necessarily true - not even considering the "relsell" option...

Tippin'

20. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

I've played a few years but never really owned anything ingame. Now that I'm running around as a miner, it would be nice to have some own place to sell my resources found. Not really sure if I would actually buy a shop, but this planet feels more home than any other, so I'd be very tempted to try it at least.

-- Hyssch --