1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important! Planet Arkadia Update 2014.4 (9 December)

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates' started by Mathias | Arkadia, Dec 7, 2014.

1. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

2. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Keep answering my own questions. :D

At least one stable opened:
    Celeste Outpost Stable Now Open

3. Dylan | Arkadia

Dylan | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hey you wonderful Arkadians ;)

Okay, I have been getting massive amounts of private messages and in game PMs requesting if the cards will be dropped in Crafting and Mining. Due to unforeseen circumstances, they are only allocated to hunting loots.

These are divided among all the mobs on the planet and when i say everything, I mean everything from planet side, The Arkadian Underground and all instances.

So please keep your eyes out, these cards can drop for anyone and the possibilities for these cards to drop can be done by anyone from the Super Uber right down to a new colonist.

The cards are there waiting for the picking. Best of luck finding them

Chat laters and be happy Hoffing

Best regards

Dylan

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Shame, did a big mining run looking for them =/

5. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Will the cards be allocated to mining and crafting after a patch though. I do feel pretty left out as a miner/crafter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

Thanks for the reply and can't wait to get my first looted card!

But...

What I don't understand here is why are they not apart of the Ariadian Treasure mining probes? I can understand them not being in crafting but to be left out of the treasure mining is kind of odd and I think why a lot have been asking.

Also...

For the future card releases you could have crafted items as cards as well. Like the mobs, all the craftable items could have their own card as well.

7. May

May Active Member

"Unforeseen circumstances", so after that's solved, they will be in all three professions, like was originally planned?
    For now: great that it's an equal opportunity chance for all hunters, regardless of levels. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  8. wournos

wournos Active Member

Sounds like a cool update. Looking forward to seeing some cards and some additional sweat selling. ;)

9. Dan59

Dan59 Active Member

Must eat my words. Chance exist!
    Today i did Aakas key 7 again and got global of 63 peds with Dehera Immolation Sword with TT 50 peds - last room on one of Dehera Defenders.
    Few other defenders droped also small quantity of Liver, Kidney and Spleen oils.

Best thing of new Aakas system is that ava name is not displayed on globals and you can grind in peace behind (Shared Loot/Team).

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

We did an Aakas 01 (key tt = 20 PED) in full cleaning mode (cost = 21...22 PED, hard to track exactly because you need to carry at least three different weapons) and ended up with less than 15 PED of loot (again, hard to track looted ammo exactly because shared loot doesn't display in team chat). Well, at least there was some blazar. :D

11. Norm

Norm Member

If you use weapons for which decay is not posted on Entropedia, please test the decay of each and post it. Otherwise, you can calculate the ammo used by tracking the decay of your weapons. If you really wanted to get ambitious, you could fruit test before and after each hunt to get exact decay, which would give you exact number of shots fired, which would give you exact ammo used. Or you could just ignore the amounts below 1pec and be off a couple shots here and there that will likely even out over time anyway.

Of course, a lot of times when people say it is hard to track looted ammo, they really just mean they don't want to bother - in that case, carry on; nothing to see here... ;)

12. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I used to use amp decay to track shots fired and then derive the ammo and weapon decay cost.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

Accurate tracking takes certain preparations, and while I'm perfectly able to do those for myself, in a team I cannot force other people to do spreadsheets for me or run around to buy shrapnel so that they could use UA only (which easily solves the issue of separating looted ammo).

I took care to use UA hence I know for certain my share of loot was 7.59 PED TT value including looted ammo; however, 7.59 plus "about six sixty" doesn't really equal 14.19, hence the vague "less than 15" (which I'm 0.95+ certain of; and no way it could equal, say, forty PED - I saw that loot).

Cost side for Aakas 01 with our setup has been measured multiple times and there's little variability to it, and so far no reason to expect it to change as mobs are the same, so I'd indeed rather not bother spending half an hour to retest it again. Even if I'm as much as 5% off, it doesn't change the big picture.

As for your allegations that I'm using untested weapons, not sure where you got the idea but that's simply insulting.

Anyway, all that is beside the point. Anyone who has done low-level Aakas before will know loot is different when they see it.

14. Norm

Norm Member

Fair enough. I am sorry if I wrote it poorly, but didn't intend to insult you or allege anything - was just trying to be informational.

Additionally, I know you know this, but for anyone else that might read it, using Mindforce weapons also solves the problem of tracking ammo since you don't loot Synthetic Mind Essence.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  15. Lianara

Lianara Member

Sounds great. I am just wondering tho, ann this has probably been made clear and if so i missed it so sorry.. . I stopped trying to solo them because It would randomly boot me out if i was in there by myself. So I tried dropping The team once and was insta kicked. So I stopped as i was wasting keys/PED and have no one to join me in these instances..

do we have to be in a team still to enter it?

And will it boot us if we drop the team like some people have suggested so we can actually loot mobs?

Thanking you in advance :)

16. Lianara

Lianara Member

Ignore that lol. I must be tired re read your post and it made more sense >_<