1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Planet Arkadia Update 2013.2 (18th June 2013)

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates' started by Cyrus, Jun 18, 2013.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Harmony,

Just to address some of your points:

if you want Pyrite available on Arkadia, it must be located within lootable PVP. Them's the rules. I understand there are a few other materials that are required to be found only in lootable pvp. At the moment some enhancers must be either crafted elsewhere and imported, or the high MU materials must be imported at some risk. So I understand why there was a need to introduce a lootable pvp zone though I don't really like it. I'm not sure why we need an oil rig though. Training for pvp miners perhaps?

I also have a problem with those rare\ non dropping bp ingrediants though I am confident the devs will work to address that issue. I've also just launched a competition to encourage miners to find the new materials and share the locations. Hopefully that will help.

Dev's have previously responded re instance returns but they don't agree with the player perception. I think the recent change to consolidate chests was interesting. It clearly won't affect TT return but perhaps possibility of better MU loot?

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Ofc you are right KJ, but let me ask you this how many million instances do we have to run, before the ark team starts to believe their oldest and most loyal players?

Oh and i can live without pyrite, it's not as if the ark miners can find enough of the other enhancer ingredients for a decent crafting run, i need to import 60% of the resources from caly when i craft on ark anyway.

3. Fifth

Fifth Member

Oh, i can explain this!
    First, she left Arkadia when there was no PvP zones here, to go Caly that has em.
    And now she can't come back to Arkadia that has one PvP zone, from Caly that has several.

See, no rocket surgery!

:facepalm:

4. Charlie gloom

Charlie gloom Member

These updates are all things I enjoy. The storyline with miners, just wish I could find a mine with miners bigger then guardian. The keys are a blast for me, no unl item yet but you never know. And I like to go hunt me some miners now and again when I'm bored.

This short visit is looking to be a long term visit, with just a few shuttle back and forth to sell/buy supplies on caly.

I am mainly a weekend warrior and take breaks during summer. But on avg I rotate 5-10k ped a week. I'm sure more like me will be coming here with this last update.

5. Skydive

Skydive New Member

are there any new about the oild rig thing, or will it take more a few weeks and not a few das? :cool:

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Oi Kikki.. just to let you know regarding PVP being a necessity to find pyrite... That's not factual as I have found pyrite in non pvp zones on both Caly and RT. I also believe when it was first introduced it was easily found on what was CND and is now FOMA.

7. KikkiJikki

Hi Bill, thanks for the feedback. How long ago was it that you found pyrite in nonPVP? My understanding is that this is a current requirement.

KikkiJikki

8. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Was a a while ago but it was a "Requirement" that it only be found in pvp back then as well soo who knows with MA anymore.

9. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

If you're finding it anywhere other than a lootable zone, it's a bug.

10. Fifth

Fifth Member

A bug, or some rare exception, u know, like HoF from Chirpy, maybe? It's all dynamic, afterall... :)

About 6 months ago u culd find blood moss near Sanctuary. I'm not a PKer myself but still, felt almost like cheating when extracted it, knowing every miner on Caly and Rock have to risk their lives to get it. Now it's fair again, same rules for everybody.

11. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

I have no trouble to find BM outside PvP - and find it regular on Arkadia

12. Jeoff

Jeoff New User

Skullcandy Headsets.

Hello,

I would like to ask the Dev's if the Skullcandy Headsets are in this current update? If I am not mistaken not a single headset has dropped since the update. :shrug:

This was a major reason for me migrating over to Arkadia, and I am currently on stage 4 (20k of 40k). Feeling very much like this is a bait and switch situation. I took the bait and Ark dev's decided to remove the headsets for whatever reason. :mad:

I have not been following this forum a lot, but I did do a search and could not find ANY announcements or updates regarding this situation.

Please, let us know Arkadia Dev's! Are the Skullcandy Headsets not in the loot? Or will you claim they are and that they just haven't been looted because the loot is "dynamic". :confused:

13. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Why would they do that?
    And the Ark Dev's can't do this if I'm not mistaken since it's loot it's MA that controls that so if anyone is to "blame" it should be MA

14. Neil

Given the low number of them and the recent changes they've made to the way new loot drops on ark (new stuff being looted gradually instead of all at once after an update) I'm not surprised that none have dropped yet. It's only been a month since the update.

15. Fifth

Fifth Member

Wow, finally! This is a good news indeed. Cheers A-Team, good job!

16. Fifth

Fifth Member

Wanted to bring it up before the next update. Problem is the "all over Sentosa", and not just "additional option for land areas".
    Suppose those new mob flavors have been thoroughly advertised by now, can we hope their numbers will be decreased in next VU?

It's probably a question of taste, i.e. Mordrell says he will go out of his way to shoot the mutated ones, probably some more ppl would say the same.
    On the other hand, for someone who's trying to finish the old-style mission (no killpoints, all mobs count the same), and taking into account those mutated specimen do not count towards the mission at all...

Long story short - you should have seen the Riptor spawn near Implacable the last few days. 3-4 different hunters there, and everyone trying to avoid the mutated mobs. It's funny how the whole area shines in the darkness, only mutated mobs as far as the eye can see...

Not so funny if you try to do your mission thou, makes it kinda creepy, and pointless.

At least make the mutated specimen count in the missions.
    Even better, decrease their spawn rate tenfold, or make separate spawns for the mutated ones alltogether.

Many thanx in advance! ;)

17. KikkiJikki

If I understand the previous dev posts correctly then:
    - mutated mobs will disappear in the September update and only appear again if\when someone puts the dna together and uses it on the new LAs.
    - missions will be created for the mutated mobs that people add to LAs. that's not really compatible with having them count towards the normal mob missions.

Basically it looks like the mutated mob concept was conceived to combat the problem that most of the untaxed mob spawns are just too darn good. There would be little incentive for a player to hunt on taxed land when the untaxed spawns are reasonably dense, one species, only a few maturities in an area. So the value of non-instance DNA was questionable. With specific missions for mutated mobs then there is reason to hunt them and reason to make the dna.

Of course first someone needs to get 15 million arkoins together for an LA...

18. Neil

I love the mutated mobs... wish they didn't have to go.

19. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Is it just me or do Mutated mobs just drop the same as the normal ones?

Yuka mutated is very low in density so I havn't killed that many to know if there should be any difference in loot.

20. KikkiJikki

As far as I know the loot table is the same but with higher hp the average TT value should be higher.