1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Planet Arkadia Update 2013.2 (18th June 2013)

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates' started by Cyrus, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

I am very happy with PVP as a miner. Thanks Ark dev team :) My advice to you is to steer clear. If you dont want to go into PVP don't. It's a personal choice. Either choose PVP or don't. Anything that brings more people to Arkadia is fine by me.

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Oh my god! The sky is falling!
    I actually agree with Cyborg Bill :)

3. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Im all about brining more people to Arkadia as well.. sadly PVP brings in thieves n cheaters plain and simple.. do you REALLY support those types of players coming here?

4. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

This...

I hope any net decay revenue generated by the rig is worth it. The first notable digression by A-Team. Dave / Cyrus? Some of your planet's main selling points have been originality and ingenuity, but this... well, its on par with EU's contracting of Cyrus for promo video hacking. I guess I'm too naive to the benefits of a "King of the Hill" area revenue and the supposed swelling population that has called for it. Of course, it can always be removed at a later date...

Rest of the update = outstanding! Great work!

5. Larkin

I'm positive that with our outstanding community, we won't give into the attitudes of those PVP may attract :). Money is money, and if Arkadia prospers than I am happy. That being said, the mods and admins are all prepared on the forum at least for anything that could happen.

6. anthonymorris

anthonymorris Platinum Member Platinum Member Arkadia Adviser

Love the updates but I’m with the rest about PVP area. I came to arkadia to make it my home because it was DIFFERERNT and the opportunity to flourish here was large but now it seems to be turning into a little caly. Uber’s to run the oil rig special areas to mine and get special ore’s if you want it then you will have to risk loosing all you have just to try and get it. :shrug::shrug::shrug:
    Very poor move, what next are we going to have a robot invasion? So sad about the ore’s that are going to be pvp exclusive. I could have sworn I heard David say one time he was not planning PVP what happen with that idea? There are ore’s that have not dropped yet and now some will be PVP only?????? A sad day for crafters on arkadia. It seems slowly but surely ark is transgressing to caly standards.

7. Larkin

I don't see how this update changes anything with regards to the way you want to play. Stay away from the rig. Pretend it's not there. PKers will shoot each other and decay their stuff. Sounds good to me. I will never see them as I don't intend to go to the rig. Stay away from PVP. Pretend it's not there as well. Don't want to risk losing, don't go. You can still mine whatever you want wherever you want just as before.

Arkadia has been running for over 2 years. I think it was time to add even more options to our planet. Oh and btw, it's a happy day for crafters. More variety of resources that PVP will bring is a good thing.

Oh and the only relation between Caly and Arkadia I see right now is the amount of complaining on this forum ;)

8. Cyborg Bill

Well mate heres what I see happening... the same people that get all the good stuff on Caly will come here.. (hunters with high skills who got handed their mining skills thru tertiary gains) will come decay them selves silly... when the loss adds up the run to pvp.. drop a few random probes.. hit a big claim of rares to compensate for hunting losses...run over to the crafting machine and hof themselves silly because no one else can get the materials to craft with.. Soo again.. a caly person will come here for 5 minutes reap their rewards that we actual citizens of Arkadia that have been here since day one have paid for and go back to caly to wait for the next event held in their honor to feed their gaming habits. The crafters on Arkadia waiting for the rares they need will still see very little of it to use and boost the economy. That's the way of EU and will ALWAYS be.

9. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Hey, if you make a copy of the planet, you get a copy of the players :)

10. anthonymorris

Yes you can mine but when you make ores PVP specific it cuts out those who would also like to mine for them. What is the point of PVP to rob and steal from others? We have a PVP ring and see how busy that it??????
    Just because a few like it does not mean the masses do. Check the forums majority are against the PVP unless you Pirate and love to steal from others

11. Larkin

Well, I guess the only think we can do at this point is to wait and see. Everyone is up in arms, but the changes have just been implemented less than 3 hours ago. Let's see what happens, and then we can always revisit the topics brought up here when we can back up our claims :)

EDIT:

So before PVP came, we didn't have these exclusive PVP resources. Therefore there was 0 chance of obtaining them from Arkadia. Now we have these resources in a specific area. The amount of miners that mine these resources on Arkadia has gone from 0 to some positive number (at least 1). How is that cutting out those who would like to mine for them? Can't go lower than zero ;) Oh and it's not like pyrite and himi will magically appear outside a PVP zone. It's been like this for years.

• Like Like x 1
  12. anthonymorris

Larkin PVP is PVP people dont need skill to pvp just better equipment. skill is playing the game not exploiting the less advantaged. it just put bad mojo in the planet a planet built on peace is now turning into a planet built on greed and exploits.. But we all have our own game play my is to be honest and not rob and steal from other players I guess others like to rob and steal instead of working for what they get.

13. Larkin

PVP is PVP, yes. Again just because you don't like PVP doesn't mean it will ruin your gameplay. PVP isn't worldwide. You have a choice. It's not taking advantage of anyone if you have a choice.

14. Cyborg Bill

I have 5.5 years of play on DVD If you wish to see it happen real time EVERY time I will sell you copies of each dvd for $7.99 + shipping and handling. There is quite an extensive library its over 7 stacks of 100 dvd's now.

15. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Let's all just pipe down a bit. Right now there's no reason to believe that any of the current minerals we rely on are restricted to the contaminated zone. And even if they are, well, there are many miners who enjoy mining in PVP. There probably won't be a shortage of those minerals.

We have known for a long time that there would be PVP zones appearing on Arkadia, not to the extent of Amethera, of course, but it's no surprise.

I just found hebredite in the arctic so we know some resources have been shuffled around.

This looks like a great update so far... Yes, it's sad sometimes when things change... but you can't get better without change.

16. anthonymorris

never mind your not getting it. but i will say it slowly for you...... if you.......put special...... ores...... ONLY........ in .........PVP........you will.. limit some....... players game play. not to mention all those hours on maping out my mined spots but hey that just me

17. Larkin

[Deleted in accordance to rule Rule 3b]

If only PVP specific resources ('special') are being limited to PVP, there is no limiting of players' gameplay. That's the way it always has been and most likely always will be. What other special resources are you talking about that you have only found in PVP after the update? Everything that I have found so far I've been able to find outside of PVP (minus the usual PVP resources).

18. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Will standard Viceroy armor be untradable as well?

19. Voidhead

Voidhead New Member

More untradable items are bad for the economy - the first ones were a bad idea. The whole point of a viable economy is trade. Capiche?

ps... make everywhere else unlootable PVP so I can shoot ignorant miners who drop probes at my feet while I am hunting. So rude...

20. anthonymorris

It was said in the update that there will be “rare resources are being discovered in the Arctic region” Does rare mean the regular rare ore’s or does it mean RARE ore’s needed to craft Arcadian specific bps. that’s what my concern is will they move ores in the pvp that will force crafters to go get them or pay stupid mu for them like some caly ore’s? and with my business focused around crafting and selling my goods in my shop I have a vast investment in the game not only in the EU but in RL as well. but anyway im out of here PVP til your heart is content.