1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Planet Arkadia Update 2012.5 Release Notes (28th Aug 2012)

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates' started by Cyrus, Aug 28, 2012.

1. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

The instances sound cool the way they are even though I am still flying to Ark atm. :p However I think a change to the SOOTO finds in the mining section is waay overdue. There should be rare items but also common ones just like in Hunting.

2. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

I did a couple of instances ... 1 lvl 1 and 3 lvl 3 - none payed back in TT to the ammo+key value, none! Also, a lvl 3 instances tends to take considerable time as no of mobs is quite high. You complain about SOOTO armor drops ? Well, rest assured in 1-2 days their MU will fall to the ground at current looting rate and then there will be no incentive to hunt in instances ... none at all ! Spending 60 ped key value + 140 ped ammo + decay to get 132 tt return (that's the best result of mine so far), even with 2 mah'ketta parts, is pointless.... plus maze is same and gets boring after 2-3 runs.
    Only way to make this work imho would be to have the mobs lootable ... otherwise hunters will soon give up instances once novelty wears off.
    And ... considering how many arkcoins I got in 4 runs ... I predict will be 2 maybe 3 days till we see the first Baron :p

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

considering instances are modified beacons to fit arkadian storyline most of the above makes sense the way it is. Seems beacons are all the same although I have only ever done a few lower ones. Being only 1-3 were introduced it could be that different maps for different stages. Nothing has been mentioned about it yet. Also non lootable mobs in instances with treasure chest conforms with beacons, and probably is all part of this part of the system.

Just my thoughts. I can't wait to try my hand at instances tonight.

4. Dave Stevens

Dave Stevens Member

you might want to wait a bit longer than tonight whilst they fix the key issue (keys sometimes get chewed up and you cannot get in the instance).

5. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

:eek: really, first I heard this... Thanks for the heads up.

6. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

If you wanna spice up the Ark instance experience I suggest u try to run through lvl 3 with Archon or Philo swords only ... still 1-2 swing kills but ur eyes hurt by the end :D
    Takes ~45 mins, 380 kills, 40k HP damage dealt, 2-4 swords and u might get some good swordsman skills ... all at a very eco rate :p

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I don't see the problem. The rate at which armor was dropping in TH, made it pretty pointless to try and collect a whole set. I found one Liakon arms after thousands of drops (which I was thrilled about). This morning I found a Liakon thighs in Instance 3 (which I am also thrilled about). I'd rather own a full set of this armor than have it be uber valuable.

The chance to loot this armor is going to keep me playing instances.... and instances are going to keep me crafting keys... which is going to keep me treasure hunting.

8. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

As you said you dropped thousands of drops and times in order to loot that armor and finally loot one. But now a random med-low level player can get a 2~3 people team go get the same armor within 45 mins. The problem is the effort is not the same. Hunters get it much easier and faster. So what does it mean for those treasure miners in the past few months? Spent tons of ped and time can't even get a sooto, but now a random hunter can loot it easily from instances within 45 mins. I"m not saying A-team shouldn't put nice armors or weapons in instances' loot. I don't mind if this is different look and stats. 2 sets for miners, 2 sets for hunters. Fair. And do it this way won't make people who mining treasure in the past few months like an idiot now. Anyway, whatever, I didn't do much treasure hunting in the past few months, and I'm glad that I didn't.

9. Neil

Well, I don't mine in order to find a SOOTO.... I mine treasures so I can craft with them. I was stoked when I found my single SOOTO, but it wasn't the primary reason i was TH'ing.

Don't get me wrong... I do think that as it is "treasure hunting", SOOTOs should be more common. I'd like to see at least one per 1k drops. I'm undecided whether I want more items or coins in instance loot... I guess it depends on the stats of items that will be tradable for coins.

However, it's the first day of the instances.... i wouldn't be surprised if the armor drop rates slow down.

10. Lucky_A

Lucky_A Member

did 2 lvl 3s just now - no armor drop :( ... mostly robot junk ... have they stopped already ?? :mad:

11. Neil

If they have, i'm glad I got my 2 armor pieces, even if one is (F)! I was in there pretty close to the beginning and every other item was an armor. On the other hand, Ark now has robot loot, making some of those caly faps and whatnot craftable. My 3rd instance (lvl 3) I got nothing but stackables. I'm hearing the same from others too.

12. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

I've done 4 of these tonight and got all stackables as well.

13. Stoya

Stoya New Member

I think of drop items is a drastic reduction. I ran 8x lvl1, 1xlvl 2 and 6x lvl3 solo yesterday and today and only stackables......... but if arkoin MU at least 200% mi score is +-0 ..........

14. 3-J

3-J New Member

Just wondering... when is the end date for the 'gold rush'?

sorry if it is posted somewhere and I missed it.....

15. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Check the threads under Community Events.. Most of them are open until they're not. Or until everything's given away, in other words.

16. Moonbiter

Moonbiter Member

1x Lvl1 5x Lvl3, not a single item, only tt crap. Guess i'm too late to loot anything nice. Never covered key cost+ammo/decay, not even talking about markups. You seem to get more loot killing everything, but you loose much less just running to last boss and killing it and guards around.

On kill everything mode was loosing 60-70 peds per run, on run through only 20peds. None of which seems to be worth atm, if item loot is turned off.