1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Planet Arkadia Update 2011.5 (9th August 2011)

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates' started by Cyrus, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

Well before the patch I always found 35+, so there you go (and I've enjoyed the mining so far too, I've had no problems with it in the past).

I need to hit some mining up to see for myself how it's changed though.

2. DxBlueIce

DxBlueIce Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Great update! Thank you :)

3. Mayana

Mayana Member

already lost 75+ peds .....mining.....

4. wisdom

wisdom New Member

The part that is unclear for me is this:

Whenever you complain to Mindark that a certain blueprint is unusable due to unavailability of one or more ingredients, they reply back with "forwarded issue to balancing team". And then, never ever anything happens. If you press them, they answer:"it causes balancing issues to change"

On Arkadia however, the blueprint ingredients seem to obey the laws of reason. There is no problem changing the recipes to better align them with the existing resources.

Why this night and day difference, somebody please enlighten me.

5. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Because the Arkadia team does its job a lot better?

6. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Maybe because for Arkadia, we are only talking about Arkadia BPs, and as such, these BPs should not have to require any external resources in order for the items to be crafted ... ???

jc

7. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

I like the items sprawled around Celeste Harbor area!! Yay..Thanks David!!...:) (We are going to need more pilots delivering players to check it out from Calypso..;)

8. Suu Miles

Suu Miles Member

I've been away on holidays and seems I have just come back in time. As much as I don't care for the colours, I absolutely love the ferans, and that peacock ostrich mob, they are downright beautiful, thanks a lot!

9. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Heya Cheif. Are Jori still the only mob that loot Muscle Oil or am I an anti-muscle oil magnet?

Tippin'

10. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

The loot distribution has been changed. Again.

Don't know about Jori, but before the last update Carabok skins were a rare drop and Eye oil was common.

Now it's the other way around.

So if somebody was saving Carabok skins hoping it'd have some MU, you've been screwed up, now skins drop like sh!t and will be TT food.

Eye Oil, the only Carabok loot part that has any MU on it is almost gone now, be happy if you get a couple of bottles per hundred shots.

11. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Seems I must actully log in again and see what changes have been made.
    My question is still if the sellabilty of these ores has increaced. Getting new stuff and more of avg stuff may be good but only if it actually sells. Im not interested in feeding the resellers that have dug in here undercutting the market by major amounts keeping the economy from getting a real start just to grow their pockets.

Looking forward to seeing all the things new that have been listed. I may even shoot a mob or two to see what they do.

12. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think it will take a while for MU to work out its new level. I can say that last night on auction I was seeing significant increases in MU across the board. As to whether people are prepared to pay those prices is yet to be seen. I am definately getting better prices for my hunting loot that that crafting looks more viable.

13. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Mutant Atrax Stalker Active Member

This is bulls***, it's a lie. You know it's a lie, but it seems that david dobson CEO just doesn't care about customization, perhaps, or for some reason can't seem to remember that there are people waiting on this, very eagerly.

Perhaps you haven't looked through the arkadia material textures blueprint book?

I wasted a boatload of peds when arkadia opened due to you saying that the blueprints were in. And they weren't. After loads of people wasted tons of peds at this, you later made comments to the fact that blueprint drops were being corrected, and AGAIN failed to mention that you knew textures weren't in there.

Now you're on the forum making statements like the one quoted above, even after it's been made clear that all of the blueprints shown in the arkadia books are NOT available in game.

If this was announced in the beginning, i would have simply set another goal. But instead, i was deprived of the opportunity to make a useful choice, and wasted my money. You continuing to try and ignore this isue or gloss it over is just like repeatedly poking me (and others) in a spot that is already sore.

I'm sorry, and i like arkadia, and I've avoided coming here and complaining about this. But here it is again, the actual CEO making blanket statements that are known to be innacurate. So i just need to get that off my chest, and to be honest would like to "hear" an apology for your personal and repeated mishandling of this issue.

I know you're not responsible for the fix, and i know you're not responsible for the time table. But you have taken the responsibility on your self to interact with the community and provide information directly to the player base. If this information is not timely, or especially if it's inaccurate to the point of being patently false, maybe you should stop.

I have 6 empty slots in my arkadia furniture BP book now. I wonder how many I would have, if it wasn't for the (several thousand) PEDs I spent trying to get those texture BPs. And I feel sorry for the people that will quite possibly waste more PEDs seeing that quoted out of context, or hearing that statement repeated in game.

I'm pleased to state that otherwise you have a wonderful product, and I've been enjoying it. But this, this one thing, my primary crafting profession, is screwed up. And here's the CEO, glossing it over and making misleading statements again. So yeah, I'm bitter a little.

/rant

14. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

How close to the beginning to you mean? This was shortly after launch...
    http://www.arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?810-Texture-BPs

15. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

I just wanna say to you that you havent followed the "case" closely enough if you have thought up to this point that texture BP's is ingame yet.. David has stated several times they are not in.. First time only a few days (if even that much) after the launch.. If you watched the teaser for this update, you would know they wouldnt be in this update either..

16. Mutant Atrax Stalker

How close to the beginning? Within hours of teleport to arkadia being available i went there with 10k clicks of generic leather, and nearly 1000 ped of other texturing materials.

By the time that thread was posted i had spent over 1k ped attempting to collect any arkadia texture BP, and my ava was on arkadia clicking leathers when i came to post about it and found that thread.

I did know that they wouldn't be in this update, and I've followed the case quite closely, thank you. Would you care to make a guess as to how many PEDs were spent crafting textures in the hope of getting BPs, in the time frame you refer to as "only a few days"? Crafting is not cheap, and textures are no exception.

I certainly won't be crafting textures on arkadia today. But if someone asks a friend or soc mate or whoever in game about it, and that person isn't following the texture issue, and just quotes david as saying that all listed BPS are in game, someone may be wasting their peds in the coming days.

As a human being we all make certain mistakes, or even misstatements in excitement. As a CEO who has chosen to become public presence and a direct representative of his company and product, he should take a little care as to how he represents himself, his company, and his product.

The issue is that here is the CEO making the statement quoted above, which is patently false. It did happen once, and WHEN ASKED, after many people already wasted their money, announced that they were aware of the issue. After the money was already spent.

It doesn't matter if 10 people correct him, or 1000. It doesn't matter if those people who are active in the forum community are aware of the issue. It doesn't matter if any particular person's due diligence would save them from wasting their PEDs or not. And it only serves to exaggerate my point David Dobson is publicly making statements which misrepresent his product, and falsely encourage international investors to spend their money with his company. Will we just accept this from Mitsubishi or General Electric or any other business with international operations?

IF the CEO gets up on a podium, and says the company's new product is available to the public, and a minor PR flack releases a press release a couple of days later that says it isn't, how would the public respond? And how would the courts respond to investors who had purchsed stock or other interest in the company between the time that the CEO made his statement and the press release corrected it?

In this case the CEO himself made the correction public, a good move and I and many others were at least pleased by that. I sure haven't seen any apology for the "mistake" or the peds lost though, got a link to that?

I don't think this is the sort of issue that anyone's going to the international courts over, there's no need to act like I'm blowing things out of proportion. But I make the example to demonstrate that while minor, this is a similar situation. Maybe worse because you don't have to try and get a drop to find out that a new product isn't on the local shelves in real life.

Is it a PED grab on the part of Team Arkadia? Probably not, just a simple mistake. I and many others were perfectly willing to accept it as such, the first time. The second time was a little worse, but i didn't have much ped to waste that time. At this point there is no way that I will ever be among the first to collect any arkadia texture BPs because you can be damn sure i will see them in game before i click another texture on arkadia.

As the CEO of a corporation with an international customer base, David Dobson could take a little more care in the statements that he makes public. A proofreader and a check for accuracy against known issues would not be unreasonable before the CEO publishes a statement about the company or product in a public venue.

I'm sure he just wants to be a part of the community and share his excitement over the good stuff going on. Sadly, his position will require in the long term that he hold himself to a little higher standard. It's a simple thing, and after several repeats, i feel the need to say something about it.

I just want to make the one point. It's a standalone point, and I won't argue or defend it any further in this thread.

17. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Mr Stalker does make valid points on all angles, I do admit.

So he didn't sugarcoat it - it doesn't sound like he should be in a sugarcoating mood...

Myself: I'd sure like some muscle oil for my puny crafting attempts. As long as there is none (or near to) my spending is fairly curbed.

Tippin'

18. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Some of you may be interested to see this post edit:
    Now, whilst I'm on the subject, let me be clear that, whilst I am in no way asking people not to speak their minds and give constructive feedback, I am asking that you do so in a polite and courteous manner as stated in the Forum Rules (2b specifically). Regardless of how valid the points are, there is no excuse for the flagrant abuse/flaming and public name calling we have witnessed in several threads on several forums in the last few days (And no, I'm not just saying this for the benefit of posts above in this thread).

We are supposed to be a more mature and respectful forum community here and the Mod/Admin group are, and have been, working extremely hard to keep it that way.

It has been stated on many occasions that ALL feedback is welcome, be it positive or negative, BUT as relaxed as we are here, THERE ARE STILL RULES TO BE FOLLOWED. If you are not familiar with them, have never read them or have just plain forgotten them, please follow the link below, read them and remember them, because we are no longer going to apologise for enforcing them. (There is also a link to the Forum Rules, and other helpful links, at the top of each page under the menu link "Useful Links".)

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to PM any of the Admins or Mods. We are here to help, not hinder, but we are also here to keep the peace and we intend to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mutant Atrax Stalker

I wouldn't have participated in any further argument, or thread-jacking on this issue.

I will, however, respond to Snape.

The following paragraph is a clear violation of forum rule 2b:

I apologize for the violation, and I apologize for the personal attack.

I appreciate not being banned as I do feel that everything else i posted was legitimate negative feedback, moderated with a bit of encouragement, and accompanied by a constructive suggestion for avoiding repeats of this issue.

Sorry to hear that the community is getting out of hand, in general. Perhaps a visit from Dolores Umbridge is in order...

• Like Like x 2
  20. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

lol +rep

Thanks for your understanding. I hope others can make the effort to follow your example.